[Rain] Dark Paths and Narrow Roads

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

Kali

Re: [Rain] Dark Paths and Narrow Roads

Post by Kali » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:13 am

"I have been fighting for much longer than most..." Kali replied, looking to Arden. "A common mistake that people make is underestimating me because of my appearance. You needn't worry about me. Bandits are not that difficult compared to what I am used to." She smiled lightly.

*it's ok, Shini*
Without hatred, your life is pointless... but this hellfire, isn’t it what supports your legs?

nimona

Post by nimona » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:18 am

*hey guys just say in that I've lost intrest in this rp, you guys can use nimona if you want but leaving the rp.

Kali

Post by Kali » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:21 am

*sorry to see you go*
Without hatred, your life is pointless... but this hellfire, isn’t it what supports your legs?

Z4NNA

Post by Z4NNA » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:14 pm

((Editing my post ignore this))

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:35 am

[A professor wanted to put his man on the spot, and after presenting a case without evidence or truth, I have been dishonorably discharged from my spot as the head I.T. section curator. I no longer have access to a computer. After five years of making my time everyone's by my own, breaking neck and spine for the well-being of the school, they throw me out like a used tissue right before I was about to complete my duty. Just fuck my life.

I don't know how the above will affect my posting frequency. It sure was down the last week, but I think that I will manage from now on]

With deft steps, the assassin approached the group, causing his clone to fade into nothingness, saluting Alaric with a wide smile as it did. Hanzo stood still for a moment, his usually lowered gaze now held higher as the unicorn approached. As far as he had noticed, animals were unaffected by his gaze. He had read about such creatures, though never thought they actually existed. And even if they did, they wouldn't be any different from a mere horse with a horn, no? He was quite wrong. The unicorn appeared to radiate with some sort of... shine? What more, it did not hurt him.

The assassin raised a hand to touch the creature's coat, though, he had forgotten about the shadow corruption that dyed his skin black, and the burn marks that made it seem more like a bloody mess. The unicorn lowered it's ears and stomped the ground several times. Enough of a warning for him.

"I am inclined to agree with Arden. Despite what the clone said, I don't plan on talking it out with them, de arimasu." Hanzo said as he retracted his arm, inspecting the wound. Seems he wont have time to perform a purification after all.

"Mayhaps I could turn and scare them off?" The dragon knight suggested.

"And maybe you get excited and turn on us later. And, as much as I love dodging acid, we have little time to spare."

"True. Though, who that behind you?" Asked the blonde, pointing at the sword wielding girl.

"Doesn't matter, she is coming with us." Hanzo replied, only to turn sights towards the now empty spot that was occupied by the seer moments ago. It gave him a strange vibe almost.

"Allow me to introduce myself m'lady." Alaric said as he approached the fallen angel, making a deep bow and taking off his travelling cloak with the same move of his hand. "Alaric Dragonsbane, at your service! Also, please take this..." He added, gesturing towards the cloth in his arms. "...It will be most useful in the cold and to... nit draw attention."

"Let's head out."

[Also, as a side note, anyone who is interested in the meaning behind what Hanzo says can read the info below. He speaks mostly in common. However, whatever language he may be using at the time, he will always streak his wording with the Ancient Onikagean dialect, one still used by his clan today.

De Arimasu - An extremely formal and most polite way to end a statement, suggestion, and otherwise any sentence that would end with a period. Only used when addressing someone the speaker is not aquatinted with, or on otherwise formal occasions. It can be also placed in the middle of an especially ling sentence. On the contrary, it is extremely impolite to use it with someone you already know, as it can be taken as: "You are a nothing more than a stranger to me."

De Arsakaru - The same as de arimasu, however used for sentences meant to question someone about something. They can only be placed at the end of the thought.

Kato/Tan - A honorific reserved for those the speaker does not know, but is still respectful towards. Used for those of equal status with the speaker.

Hagi taro - Literally: "Brothers aid me." The Onikage assassins use the same word for shadow and brother/sister, seeing as they view them as such, with both being children of Nisshoku. Thus, it can also mean: "Shadows aid me". Used when expressing amazement, disbelief or mild frustration.]
Time heals? You don't stop being hungry after not eating for so long, you die.

EppyChan

Post by EppyChan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:55 am

The girl looks at him and nods. "Tis a pleasure to meet you sir. I am the arch... Well was the arch angel, Saint Victoria but I don't exactly have that title anymore." She takes the cloak from his hand and bows in thanks. She slings it over her shoulders as it trails behind her dragging on the ground. "Well I certainly don't have to worry about it being to small..." She laughs lightly and looks to the group "thank you for allowing me to accompany you." She puts on a gentle smile.

Kali

Post by Kali » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:00 am

*geeze, I'm really sorry about that. that just sucks*

Kali was a little surprised at her unicorn's reaction to Hanzo. She had never seen him act like that before. She leaned in, speaking to the unicorn in what was most likely her native language, "Jhoraerdol, shia eisi o eilol jhoji sar? Air'm eilol, ci air ei thol." She sighed, looking to Hanzo a little. "I'm sorry, he doesn't usually act like that. I'm actually a bit surprised..." She watched him a little, noticing him looking at a wound. "Let me help..." she replied, looking to him. "I can help you with whatever it is..."

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:46 am

[Indeed, it sucks quite a bit. However, not as much as the fact that they put the least deserving person in my stead, one that damaged the school in many ways, on many occasions - but was forgiven for... reasons!

Also, Eppy... It would be nice to know from where Victoria hails exactly. What was her 'pantheon'? A little bit on the religion itself, and what is the kingdom(s) that worship that pantheon. How well known it is? How well known is Victoria in the pantheon itself? Maybe some mythology, antagonists and such? The reason behind these questions is that if we do not know, we wont be able to react accordingly. For instance, once you introduce yourself, should we be like "Oh wow, Saint Victoria!? Heavens be praised, a divine messengers has been sent to repent the message of _____" Or.... "Saint, Victo-who?"

Also, I will be creating a OCC thread. Will be linking it in my next post.]

"I require no apology." Hanzo replied, his tone betraying no hint that he was 'insulted' by the unicorn's behavior"Animals and the wiser of humans all have the instinct to survive. Keeping those that might be a treath at a safe distance in only natural, de arimasu."

The ninja asked himself why was she so eager to help, it made little sense. Yet, on the other hand, quite a handful of people from this world appeared to aid others without any ulterior motive. Then again, did she think that he would not be able to fight effectively? And if he couldn't, the mission, and payment would be compromised. That must be it.

"I doubt that you will be able to banish the corruption, but I find no harm in trying." Hanzo noted as he rolled up his sleeve. "Unlike magic, where either an object is a catalyst, or energy is drawn from nature itself, ninpo uses the body as both catalyst and source of power." He began explaining, figuring the a doctor can combat an illness better if he understands it. "As Onikage, the energy we channel comes as a gift from the shadows themselves, and though you see them as nothing but lack of light, they are sentient and intelligent beings, capable of thought and emotion." Hanzo said, not needing to stress out how emotions affect those using an ability, or how they can strengthen or taint the raw power from their source. "This energy often comes unstable and violent, making managing it quite the hassle. The energy we fail to direct ends up lost in our own body, corrupting it in the process. This would not be much of a problem, as the relationship between Onikage and Shadow is that if siblings. However, every ounce of energy that ends up unused, only feeds Nisshoku, de arimasu."

Even though he had been delaying the purification ritual due to the shadow God's absence, it would not be so wise to delay longer.

"The pleasure is all ours m'lady." The dragon knight said, only to turn to Arden. "Hanzo said that you know this road like the back of your hand, I take 'tis true?" He asked, only to gaze over the walls, his eyes running over the mountainous region surrounding them. "If I were a bandit, where would I hide then? A cave maybe?"

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:56 am

[Here's the OOC thread for Rain.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5568

Let this be the last piece of out of character writing in the Rain threads.]

Kali

Post by Kali » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:11 am

Kali smiled warmly and dismounted, moving up to him. "Well, you're lucky... this sort of thing is what I do best." She gently took his hand in her own pale hands, looking his arm over. "I can get you fixed up in no time." Her hands started to glow gently as she started to send healing and purifying energy into him. It was a warm feeling that began at where she was holding his hand, down his arm and spreading across his body to cleans the corruption.