[Rain] Dark Paths and Narrow Roads

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
EppyChan

Re: [Rain] Dark Paths and Narrow Roads

Post by EppyChan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:06 pm

The girl coughs and begins to regain consciousness. She starts to sit up and looks around. "Wh-where am I?" She looks back and forth before she slowly stumbles to her feet bracing herself against a wall. She finally notices hanzo and goes for her sword But it's not there, she gets a troubled look on her face. "What is this sorcery. Where is my sword demon! Tell me or I will burn you to ash with the holy light of the gods!" She points at hanzo and glares at him.

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:47 am

(So difficult to bring everyone together >.<

Also, a heads up, another character will be joining us during the mini-quest.)

Sorcery, tch. The woman actually had the gall to call his techniques, sorcery? She appeared to be wearing clothes not common to any region of the world he had traveled trough. She apparently had trouble standing, and though without any visible wound, appeared to be injured. No wounds, save for those two cuts on her back. How peculiar...

"You are in Silverpine, south-western coast of Tenno, de arimasu." stated flatly. "You are quick to judge your savior a demon woman. Bold likewise." Truth be told, savior might not have been an appropriate word. She would either be declared a divine... something - or burned at the stake for witchcraft. Either of the two could possibly impede their journey.

The assassin stepped aside, revealing the sword the girl had been looking at, leaned at the wall behind. Still, he stood as an obstacle between the woman and her weapon. The burn marks on his skin were proof that she could harm him somewhat. Thusly, he thought it wise to bring her to a shadowed area, away from the sun.

"Who are you?"

Some distance away, where the group had gathered around the seer...

"You yet fail to understand me." The cloaked woman said, bringing her staff closer to her body. "This is not about rising to greatness. It is about survival of our world, and the roles all of you are destined to play."

"I am here just to warn you." She added. "Do not resist your destiny, and do not stumble on your way, less there no longer be a way."
It's just the cat

nimona

Post by nimona » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:48 pm

*wait... where did my last post go to?*

EppyChan

Post by EppyChan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:53 pm

She sees her sword and knows she will either have to befriend this man or find a way through him. "What do you mean by savior. Im a fallen angle there us no salvation for me..." She gets a mildly offended look on her face and drops her hand. "I guess there is no need to fight you i have no power anymore. The rest of my light should be faded by now in a few days ill sprout my black wings and my appearance will change." She snaps her fingers and the sword floats over to her. She grabs it and gently lays it on her shoulder. "So you gonna kill me or can I be on my way." She sighs once more.

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:28 pm

"Heya!" Chimed a silky voice from behind the group. As Alaric turned, he would spy Hanzo, hat hanging from his lax shoulders and sporting an alien half-smile.

"Wha- Are you a clone?" The dragon knight asked, arching an eyebrow slightly. Hanzo's clones, unlike those of other shinobi, worked in a special way. Given body by shadow and blood, they are imbued with traits taken from their owner. If one were to give their clone the trait of hatred, it would become the dominating personality quirk of the clone. Likewise, the caster would loose all ability to feel hatred.

"Yup, I'm compassion." Said the clone. "I've been sent to relay a message.

"From what I've learnt from the guard captain, all routes leading towards our destination are blocked. Apparently, a large group of organized bandits are ambushing everything that dares set foot on the road." The clone of compassion said, crossing his hands over his chest. "She even told me that the previous captain had gotten herself killed while searching for them, poor woman."

"Seeing as they won't be opening the gates until the bandit issue has been solved, we might as well help the town out, and go talk things out with the bandits. Then we will be able to proceed normally."

"A fallen angel, de arsakaru?" The idea of such being existing did not surprise him. Then again, he was not naive, and the woman could be anything, and anyone. Even so, one does not just fall from the sky.

"Kill you?" He repeated, slightly amused by the question. "Since you are not from around here, I will offer you a piece of information, free of charge."

"Being alive costs coin. And unless you plan on selling your body, you will have to work for it." He added, only to turn around, towards the narrow pathway that led up to the street. "If you know how to use that weapon, come with me, and you will be able to earn said coin."

"If not--- then feel free to die here, you will find that in this world, nobody cares, de arimasu." Hanzo finally said, his tone lined with an ever so slight dose of bitterness. He beckoned another time, before slowly beginning to move towards his group at the distance.
It's just the cat

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:14 pm

"My experience with bandits suggests that they can't exactly be reasoned with..." Kali replied, letting out a whistle. A white blur approached the city from the woods, deftly leaping over the tall walls, and ran through the streets, though not as quickly. It's form was that of a pure white unicorn with silvery mane and tail, as well as horn. It slowed to a stop near Kali, who reached out and pet it lightly. "We'll either need to spook them and run them off, or make sure they don't come close to town again," she replied as she climbed onto the unicorn's back, readjusting her skirt.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

EppyChan

Post by EppyChan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:23 am

The girl stops in her tracks and turns to him. "What. You mean there Is a way to get easy money? Then count me in." She turns and follows him to the group.

Shinigami
Community Mod

Post by Shinigami » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:13 pm

(I keep getting skipped. I mean, I know I'm slow to reply, but still. ._.)
I am Shinigami, the local God of Death.
Da Rules

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Snake Eyes wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:47 am
Some distance away, where the group had gathered around the seer...

"You yet fail to understand me." The cloaked woman said, bringing her staff closer to her body. "This is not about rising to greatness. It is about survival of our world, and the roles all of you are destined to play."

"I am here just to warn you." She added. "Do not resist your destiny, and do not stumble on your way, less there no longer be a way."
*he was just literally talking to you. You're the one who talked about greatness, so he was answering you*
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Shinigami
Community Mod

Post by Shinigami » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:03 am

Arden growls in his throat, then sighs in aggravation as he turns away. The only reason he had come in the first place was to make some coin, and now some batty old seer was talking about saving the world? What hand could he possibly play in such a thing?

A moment later, one of Hanzo's doppelgangers shows up, bearing news of bandits on the road. Bandits? Perhaps this could work in his favor. It could get him out of this weird village, that's for sure. Hell, with luck, he might even be able to knock out some competition in the banditry business. Grinning momentarily, he walks back up to his group.

"Though I may be skeptical on the whole 'saving the world' concept, one thing I do know is how to handle bandits," he says, displaying a face of mock interest. "Given some time, I'm quite sure me and my partners could get them out of our path." He then turns his attention to Kali and her unicorn, his eyes narrowed in thought as he speaks.

"Hmm... If they're anything like the bandits I've dealt with, terror might not work. The only way to deal with bandits is to take them out, permanently. That being said, just how good are you in combat?"

(Ah, only saw his current post. That always throws me off, I always do a turn-based thing. ^_^' And sorry if Arden seems like an ass, that's kinda how I designed him. His only real interest in life is money.

Edit: Sorry about the previous post, Kali. I'll lighten up on Arden's rudeness.)
Last edited by Shinigami on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am Shinigami, the local God of Death.
Da Rules