[Rain] Dark Paths and Narrow Roads

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Snake Eyes

[Rain] Dark Paths and Narrow Roads

Post by Snake Eyes » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:32 am

"The border pass appears clear, save for a lone brown bear five hundred meters to the northeast, de arimasu." Said Hanzo as he removed the hand he held over his eyes, exhaling as he did. Using a clone for the purposes of scouting was a tedious thing indeed, seeing as most people would not be prepared to receive another pair of eyes to their own. Blocking your own vision helped somewhat, yet it was still exhausting, especially when Nisshoku would choose not to help. Alas, better to count the few blessings we have than to complain.

Rain was an hour worth of travel behind them, yet still visible from the cliffside the caravan traveled over. It was a nice change of pace, the lack of the everlasting storm that brooded over the city. The weather was mellow, a bit more on the chilly side, though that was bound to change once they passed the border and descended down. Wind would brush against them from time to time, making the bound covers that obscured the slow moving carts flutter, revealing neatly stacked carts underneath. Along, they brought the salty scent of the sea that that crashed against the sharp rocks beneath them.

The road they moved on was both steep and narrow, with nothing to stand in the way should one of the few carts tip towards the abyss that ran beside them. Yet, that was a smuggler's path, and both the men and the horses were enough familiar with it for them to use it without any problems. Rocks would constantly fall off the edge as the group moved, though tendrils of shadow would catch them long before any had a chance to collide with the cliff. The atmosphere was quite sleepy, especially knowing that a long journey awaits, and most were half awake, including Alaric, who rested his head against his knees, struggling to keep his eyes open. Hanzo on the other hand, always walked in front of the colony, then back, and so forth. He looked little like his usual self, now dressed in simple peasant clothing, one both tough and worn. Underneath, the sharp eye could spy what appeared to be chainmail. The mask he always appeared to carry was well hid behind the cloth of the brown linen vest he adorned. On top of his head, a crude straw hat rested, with two holes at it's each side, ones for the ears he rarely showed.

"You know, you're not fooling anyone with that attire..." Alaric commented trough a yawn, prompting Hanzo to turn around, his eyes eyes narrowing slightly in annoyance. "Exactly!" The dragon-knight added, though the assassin had already turned around, going back to whatever he was doing. Alaric sighed audibly. Though he thought of himself as a patient man, riding a cart that moves slower than he could walk was a sure way of going insane. Still, there was little he could do. The nearest stop was not until nightfall, and maybe even not then, should the weather not be in their favor.

"M'lady." Alaric said, addressing Kali. "I must admit that the elixir made with your help worked remarkably well, i think." He admitted. Something had changed, though he was not sure what. The only thing he did now was that he felt quite different. "Now, it is as if i did not have a six foot blade running trough my gut just the other day." He joked, slamming his fist against his abdomen. "Even though, i am sure that Hanzo tried to secure us a finer--- seat, it would appear that the journey is going to be rather uncomfortable."
Time heals? You don't stop being hungry after not eating for so long, you die.

Shinigami
Member+

Re: [Rain] Dark Paths and Narrow Roads

Post by Shinigami » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:38 pm

Arden and his group were taking up the middle of the caravan, his archer keeping watch from the seat as the axeman sat in the back, sharpening his weapon. Arden himself sat in the seat next to the archer, guiding his strange horses along the trail.

He's used this particular trail several times before, avoiding the main roads when the guards were on alert. Still, he's never been on the trail with so many people, and it put him on edge. The fear of some klutz misstepping and causing the ledge to give way, or the sheer number of wagons attracting unwarranted attention. He knew it was just his own anxiety, but the last one still bothered him; especially knowing that the vast majority of his merchandise was stolen.

He faintly heard the knight (?) talking up ahead, but couldn't quite make out the words. He heard the man shout 'exactly,' then that was it. Looking over the ledge, he was greeted with the familiar sight of the abyss. With a sigh, he continued his work, guiding the horses over the precarious trail and and trying to ignore the infernal 'airship' buzzing along above them.

Kali
Casual Mod

Post by Kali » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:09 pm

*actually, wouldn't the airship cause vibrations that would probably cause a rockslide? Cause.... like... we're literally on the side of a cliff...*

Kali sat next to Alaric, mostly unaffected by the conditions of the ride. She looked over to the knight when he addressed her, smiling lightly. "I'm glad it's helped. If you need any more, don't hesitate to ask. Let's try avoiding being impaled though, alright?" she laughed lightly. "And the seating is fine, I don't mind it so much. At least the company is nice."
Without hatred, your life is pointless... but this hellfire, isn’t it what supports your legs?

Shinigami
Member+

Post by Shinigami » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:02 pm

(According to Nimona, it has some sort of a noise dampener. And, technically, the clattering of the carts and hooves could do the same. ...On another note, he really needs to make an OOC thread for Rain. :lol:)

Kali
Casual Mod

Post by Kali » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:14 pm

*I'm more referring to a large thing hovering close enough for you to be able to hear anything. It would still give off vibrations that would be more than the carts all put together*
Without hatred, your life is pointless... but this hellfire, isn’t it what supports your legs?

nimona

Post by nimona » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:42 pm

nimona sat on one of the caravan's slightly bored. she looked up at her airship, way up in the sky so it wouldn't endanger the caravan, and then she looked at the rope connecting her and the ship. she sighed before looking at kali who sat between her and alaric, and asked "so... wanna play a game while we wait?"

F R O S T

Post by F R O S T » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:28 pm

Watching from a distance Felix's emerald eyes followed the caravan line. He didn't know what purpose it traveled with, or the people who moved it, but that was unimportant for a hired hand to know. What was, was the fact that his employer as rather interested by the overt travel. His boss cast out his prized shadow, Felix, in order to obtain information on the group- bring said information back and collect his pay. It was job that was bound to be far less rigorous than his previous missions (or so he felt), aside from travelling such a distance out of Rain. Felix knew that if he wanted to make any progress he'd need to get closer to them- talk to them, and perhaps find more about the people leading and running this caravan, but for now, however, he stuck to the shadows, following their slow progression out of Rain to an unknown destination and waiting for the opportune moment to make contact.

Aside from the ingredious stalking, there was nothing malicious in this job as far as Felix was aware. His boss, as far as he was concerned, simply liked to stay in the loop. As a broker for information, Felix supposed that it made sense he'd be so interested in such a large group parading out along the narrow paths, dangerously close to the cliffs. It was necessary to his boss to know who they were, what they could do or offer- maybe in his effort to hire them in the future- Felix wasn't completely certain.

Pulling his black cloak closer around himself, he continued to follow them- keeping himself far away, but just close enough so that he could at the very least see them.
Whoever they were, if his boss was so interested in them, they must be powerful. Felix could help but feel curious about them too.
“I'm a sheep wearing wolves' clothing in a pack of wolves.”

EppyChan

Post by EppyChan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:06 am

From the sky a bright flash of light appeared rivaling the suns intensity crashes to the ground of the caravan the impact violent and ground shaking. The dust cloud lingering for a few minutes before settling to reveal a large set of golden armor, cracked and broken laying in the crater it caused. But before it can be inspected it seemingly evaporates into thin air. It leaves a girl behind accompanied by a large shining sword. She is wounded but not gravely the only noticeable injuries are the two large cuts evenly placed between her shoulder blades. She gets to her feet and grips the handle of the blade only to lose her balance and fall to the ground now unconscious. (Whelp. I was trying really hard to think of a way to insert my character but this was all I could come up with)
Last edited by EppyChan on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kali
Casual Mod

Post by Kali » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:11 am

*considering we are on a very small walkway on the side of a cliff... that would probably cause the entire cliffside to to slide off and most likely kill everyone... it might be a really bad idea... lol*

EppyChan

Post by EppyChan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:08 am

(Valid. I suppose if there is maybe a forest off in the distance she could land there. I read the previous posts but was mildly confused as to the surroundings...)