[Rain] Dark Paths and Narrow Roads

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
Shinigami
Community Mod

Re: [Rain] Dark Paths and Narrow Roads

Post by Shinigami » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:10 am

(Has this died?)
I am Shinigami, the local God of Death.
Da Rules

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:48 pm

(I got a suggestion. I am finished with writing a short timeskip to a nearby steelement. Though the plan was at first to play the game, seeing as more pople joined, we can pull that off for later. So, after i post, if that is okay with all of you, we can all meet up at the city square, and engage in a short miniquest.

Also, sorry for the inactivity. These past months, things just seem to always to the opposite way i planned them to.)
Time heals? You don't stop being hungry after not eating for so long, you die.

Shinigami
Community Mod

Post by Shinigami » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:56 pm

(I'm okay with that.

And it's okay. I just thought you had stopped playing or something.)
Da Rules

EppyChan

Post by EppyChan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:18 pm

(Sounds good! Granted I am still slightly held up on how to add in my character)

nimona

Post by nimona » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:46 pm

(same)

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:41 pm

The passage over the rocky cliffs went underway safely enough, though it took slightly more time than Hanzo had calculated. What more, using the arts for scouting purposes all day took it's tool on him. Already, his mind was infested with dark thoughts, as was his body. The shadow corruption reached up to his elbow now, and would only spread futher. Still, their first stop was ahead, just over the next hill.

"Dusk is nigh, we better settle down in Silverpine, de arimasu." Said Hanzo deftly, gesturing towards the great walls ahead.

Silverpine, once a critical strategic point, and one of Tenno's greatest border forts, now a peaceful hamlet. As the great empire slowly expanded, Silverpine went farther and farther from the ever distancing border, only to become obsolete as time and conquest went by. Mostly in ruin, save for the tall stone walls that still resist the tooth of time, it was never repaired after being consumed by a great inferno two hundred years ago. The cause of the wildfire was unknown, though after it, most of the forest surrounding it turned silver. Though there was no actual silver in the leaves and wood, none could deny their beauty. Today, Silverpine lives mostly out of tourism, seeing as no fair misses a chance to visit the settlement. Likewise, the lands are mostly void of humans, and the hunting grounds are rich with game. Another thing worth mentioning about Silverpine was their craft words. Carpets and curtains weaved from a hundred leaves of stark silver, furniture and many other items bearing the signature metallic sheen of Silverpine. Though quite cheap in the actual city, they are more than able to fetch a price in distant lands, where such trinkets and decoration are what the nobility craves for.

Hanzo set his gaze at the thin pillars of smoke that raised from behind the covers of Silvrpine's walls. It was unusually calm, far too calm. Was there not a fair stationed there?

"Halt!" Called out a gruff voice from the top of the gatehouse. "Who goes there?"

"Bodrick, spice trader." Said the man as he was torn from his half-sleeping state. "And this is my guard."

A short moment of silence commenced, only to be broken as dull pats of heavy metal against iron boomed from the other side. The voice turned out to belong to a red haired girl, probably in her early to mid twenties. She observed the group behind the metal grate on the door's window with almost comically squinted eyes.

"You look like a band of thugs to me." She stated, only to have Alaric butt in.

"That's because we mostly are m'la-"

"This is preposterous!" Exclaimed the trader. "Since when does Silverpine block entry to tradesmen and honest folk? I want to speak with the captain."

"I am the captain." The redhead snorted, only to have her green eyes darken with sadness. "And all because of brigands like yourselves!"

Bang!

And with those final words, the gates of Silverpine were closed, leaving Bodrick's mouth still open.

"I guess we just have to head on." Alaric sighed, slumping back into his uncomfortable seat.

That just wouldn't do. Hanzo couldn't risk letting the corruption spread any further, even if Nisshoku seemed dormant. Yet, even though the thought about crashing in has crossed his mind, they just couldn't afford to draw any attention. Infiltration was likewise impossible due to size of their group. Maybe...

"Release!" The ninja spoke, holding out a hand seal. Instantly a midnight fox tail slithered from behind his long vest, while from the two mysterious holes in his straw hat, two vixen ears spurted, dark as the rest of his hair. Other than Iga-ryu, his talents in other magic was limited. Thus, only a simple illusion was ever placed to hide his extra "parts". The reason for this was that those of unclean blood, like he was, were treated as less than human - just a bit above an animal in the social ladder of his realm. Even so, the few natural gifts he received from his mother knew to come in handy from time to time, even if he couldn't control them.

Resting his weight against the great door, the assassin knocked in a nonchalant manner, only to have a familiar guard waltz to the grate.

"What part of piss off did you-" She began angrily, only to Hal mid thought, her words dying in her throat. Her eyes met those of Hanzo, ones that were now notably different - as if shimmering with something strange.

"We understand your perils completely. Said Hanzo, letting the words roll slowly off his tongue. He pinched the brim of his hat, tipping it above, as to give the guardswoman a more clear view of his face. "These are difficult times indeed, and we bring supplies that we could trade in the city. Is that not a good thing?"

"I-I suppose it is..." She said hesitantly, visibly flustered. "But I have orders..."

"You know, we might be able to help with your, issue." He added, never breaking eye contact.

"You c-could?"

"Of course, so why don't you remove this door between us, so we could enter and talk about it." Hanzo said suggestively.

"Immediately!" The guard captain said, a pink sheen now glinting in her eyes.

"Seal." And so, both his ears and tail faded away. Hanzo waited for a barrage of Nisshoku's mocking to begin, though it never came. Strange, really strange.

"What in seven hells did I just see?" Bodrick asked bewildered as the heavy gateway opened up for them, showing way towards the city.

"I will stay and deal with her, de arimasu." Hanzo said flatly, gesturing towards the redhead that stood past the city threshold. "We will rendezvous soon."

The carts then began moving forward again, from the muddy path and onto Silverpine's pavement. The streets were well lit, with oil lanterns illuminating both the walkways and the tightly pent wooden houses. With four main streets, one which they were in now, all lay connected to the city's plaza and bazaar - one they reached in a manner of minutes.

(Here's a mighty fine way to enter the story! Also, every paragraph below is an option to either explore Silverpine, begin the short quest we will be doing here, or develop relations between characters, or your own character.)

-Not far from them, several dozens of people stood in even rows, all dressed in plain black clothing. Slightly away from them, stood an older man, clothed in the same glim attire, save for a golden sun embroidered on his chest. Even as far as they were, his words were very clear seeing as the mass of people appeared to avoid the group and stay as silent as they could.

"As the Black Sun sets down, we set our eyes upon the enemies of the Great Emperor!" The priest exclaimed, throwing his arms up. "Send us power, send us strength, and send us your divine harbingers to wreck havoc on those that oppose his rightful claim on the world!"

(Here you can get a reading done either by me, or you could write a bit of prophecy about yourself, and reveal something you wanted.)

-Nearby, a cloaked old woman sat on a stone bench, a scraggly wooden staff held loosely in her hand. A few people have gathered around, offering mine that the seer appeared to refuse with a dismissive motion of her hand.

(Or, you could opt for the more cliché inn.)

-Tucked between two taller buildings, at the edge of the, laid an inn with the sign "Silver Fork" swinging lightly at the breeze. People appeared to come and go, letting a few chimes of song escape from the interior each time they would open it's door.

-A sizable mob of people stood in front of what was one of the only stone buildings in the city, audibly arguing about something. Whatever it was, they were certainly not pleased.

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:08 am

(Judging by the last post you made, including the cuts on the shoulderbaldes, I think it is safe to assume that Frost's character is an angel of sorts. Maybe she can do the same entrance, and crash the service of the Black Sun. I think it would be an interesting situation.)

Alaric's brows furrowed as he spied those attending the evening service of the Black Sun. There was no middle ground with them, either they were using their false creed as justification for their misdeeds, or they were crazed fanatics. Hopefully, they would not recognize him.

The dragon knight stretched his soggy body, before jumping lightly off the cart, his sabatons sinking slightly in the muddy road. He grabbed an unused blanket from the back of the cart, and laid it where he had landed a moment ago, covering the mud and murky water in a way that allowed one to move from the cart to the stone walkways without dirtying himself.

"Allow me to assist, m'ladies." Alaric offered, extending his hand to both Nimona and Kali.

"You four..." Said the woman that sat on the sidewalk as she tapped her staff a few times on the ground. "Come closer..."

Shinigami
Community Mod

Post by Shinigami » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:48 am

(Not gonna lie, I completely forgot about this. ^_^')

After what seemed like half an hour, the gates finally open. Following the others in, Arden guides his wagon to a stop right behind the others. Ordering his guards to stay and watch the wagons, he climbs down and walks up next to Alaric.

"So, where to from here?" he asks, before an old woman speaks up and beckons for them. He looks at her with distrust, his hood half hiding his expression. He doesn't know any of the locals, having never been able to pass the gates before, nor does he know what sort of magic is prevalent in these parts. With a few muttered words, he casts a simple illusion to disguise his face from wary onlookers.
Da Rules

EppyChan

Post by EppyChan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:15 am

From the sky a bright flash of light appeared rivaling the suns intensity crashes to the ground in the center of town the impact violent and ground shaking. The dust cloud lingering for a few minutes before settling to reveal a large set of golden armor, cracked and broken laying in the crater it caused. But before it can be inspected it seemingly evaporates into thin air. It leaves a girl behind accompanied by a large shining sword. She is wounded but not gravely the only noticeable injuries are the two large cuts evenly placed between her shoulder blades. She gets to her feet and grips the handle of the blade only to lose her balance and fall to the ground now unconscious. (Edited and reposted)

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:33 am

Kali had gotten up from the bed of the cart, stepping onto the ledge of the cart and holding his hand and hopping down off the cart. "Thank you. One of these days, I will be wearing something other than a dress when coming on these sorts of things, but it hasn't really been too much of a bother for me..." She laughed lightly, then glanced towards the woman who called them over. She glanced towards the sky when something shot down. "I guess a rock fell out of the sky."
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡