The Genric Incident (Hero & Villain RP 2)

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
JEBtheGamer1

The Genric Incident (Hero & Villain RP 2)

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:04 pm

(H&V RP 1)

Genric city has fallen, with no power able to save it. The UN is in chaos, and the Generic States of America has become a police state as President Pumpkin's powered containment protocols start extending much farther than simply cataloging them. Many powereds, hero and villain alike were drawn to Genric city, and now few powereds remain. Those that do are drawn to one another, for safety. They form alliances, for good or for ill. Few conflicts between capes will go unnoticed by the military, and rascism and stereotyping has turned both the government and the people against powereds. This bridge was burned, and now it's up to the few remaining heroes to fix it, regardless of fault.

OOC: This RP takes place after the utter destruction of Genric city, and is the direct sequel to the 1st Heroes and Villains RP. The story picks up in Cleanington, near the White House, directly after many heroes escaped.

Links:
[list]
[*]OOC Chat
[*]Heroes & Villains RP 1
[/list]

Rules: (in no particular order)
[list]
[*]Due to free form rules, any rule restricting power levels is optional. However, they are there because I believe too many OP characters make for a chaotic RP full of noise where nothing gets done, so please consider this when making your character.
[*]Normal RPForums and Simple section rules
[*]No Godmodding. Try to keep your character's power fairly low, otherwise things can get out of hand quickly. Unrecommended powers include, but are not limited to Superman levels of anything, immunity to weapons, creation of matter out of thin air, or simply a lot of smaller powers in one character. Please cooperate if we say your power is too high. If you are unsure of whether a character is OP or not, feel free to ask in OOC. Again, due to being in free form there are no restrictions on power. However, for the sake of the RP please consider having a less powerful character.
[*]Any weakness being used to balance power must not be obscure. Someone IC must know about it, and it must not be based on anything unobtainable
[*]Use bold headers stating place and/or time if you are in a different place or time from the previous post, or in the first post on a page edit in the place. Time only moves forward, so posting time usually won't be necessary.
[*]Make your best attempts at proper grammar, syntax, and spelling. I understand some people have trouble, but unreadable posts don't help anything.
[*]Keep an awareness of who is in what conflict, and make sure everyone gets a chance to do something. This is because, on some occasions, players have gone on ahead with the RP leaving other PCs standing and doing 'nothing.' A general rule is to wait 24 hours for everyone to respond, though more time may be necessary for more serious events, like combat.
[*]At the top of your first post, post a link to a picture of a cat.
[*]Every character should be on a team, either the 'Hero' team or the 'Villain' team. While this does limit some moral conflict, in the last RP having no distinct rule on teaming up meant that the RP turned to chaos. Parties like the United Elemental Navy will exist outside of the teams, as they are an NPC neutral party.
[*]Do not go off making new storylines every time your character has nothing to do. At most, only three or four storylines should exist, with two of them closing quickly. In a typical time, only two storylines (one villain one hero) should exist.
[*]Every character must be from this cinematic universe. This is not to say the multiverse doesn't exist, it's just to say that things from other RPs shouldn't be brought to this one.
[*]OPTIONAL In your first post with a character, give their name, any aliases they have, a brief summary of their powers (1 line preferably), a fun fact, and their affiliation (hero or villain). For the most part, I will add the status, but if you would like you can put the character's status (at large, imprisoned, or, god forbid, dead). This is optional because it is merely a method to help keep track of characters, no CS is required to play in Free Form.
[/list]

Hopefully I've covered everything, but more rules may appear or disappear as issues arise.
Last edited by JEBtheGamer1 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:twisted: I have surpassed the devil

JEBtheGamer1

Re: The Genric Incident (Hero & Villain RP 2)

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:17 pm

Old RP
Genric City, April 11th 2018
An oddly clad Mr Johnson appears.
His face is covered in soot, and he's wearing some sort of black futuristic armour, with a short cape that appears to be on fire. He grabs Addy, roughly, and the room bursts into flame as it crumbles around them, before they're standing in Cleanington. Addy's wheelchair, desk, and laptop are also there, in the middle of the sidewalk, and Mr Johnson collapses onto the hard concrete with blood dripping from the corner of his mouth. He's smiling. "Addy..." comes a whisper, and a tear forms in the corner of his eye. "I'm sorry I couldn't save them..." Mr Johnson slips into unconsciousness, and says no more.

The lair shook from the foundations as Genric City suddenly began to fade to oblivion. The ceiling crumbled and everything not tied down all began to shake, topple, and break. Addy looked around in bewilderment at the sight of it all and started to turn her wheelchair to get Sebastian. As she turned, however, Addy came face to face with a very different version of Mr. Johnson. He roughly placed his hand on her shoulder without a word, and they vanished from the room as it suddenly exploded.
As Addy opened her eyes, she found that the desk, laptop, and wheelchair had all been transported to some sidewalk in a different city than Genric. She herself had been removed from the wheelchair in the process of the teleportation and was currently sitting on the sidewalk, blankly looking at a bleeding Johnson. "Fuck... fuck, what the hell happened?" He whispered something, apologizing for not saving someone. She pushed herself closer to him and grabbed his arm, shaking it roughly. "What is it? Johnson..." As he trailed off, it occurred to her that he needed help. The only problem was that she had no idea who to call or where they were.

Cleanington, Near the White House, April 11th 2018
Clint and Jeremy were dropped off not far from the city. They walked into the city checking it out as people watched the news awestruck. It was at this time that Clint saw Addy and Johnson "Hey you guys got out?" He said and him and Jeremy jogged over.

Addy looked up as she heard two familiar voices. She turned and pointed back at Johnson. "We need help...he...what the fuck is going on? The city..." Addy put her hands to the side of her head and groaned in frustration. Everything was falling apart in a matter of hours. Her mother, her friends, Sebastian, she had no idea what happened to them. Tears came to her eyes as she looked up at the two. "We need help."

Jeremy looked at Johnson then Addy "Everybody in generic is fucked. We can't do anything, only a handful made it out." He looked at Addy's wheelchair remembering his imprisonment. "How the fuck did you get here in a wheelchair?" He asked.

Clint checked the TVs in the window of a shop. The news covering ever last bit of the disaster.

Addy wiped away tears with the palm of her hand and gestured to the unconscious Johnson. It felt weird to cry considering how she didn't normally do that. Her attention turned to the television in the window, looking out at all the death and destruction. "It's all gone...who else made it? Who's out?"

Jeremy shook his head "other than me Clint the pilot and that weird dude we aren't sure. Could all be dead" he said.

"Fuck." Addy shook her head and looked at Jeremy. "Can you help me into the wheelchair? And Johnson needs help." The world was going down in a blaze of fire. Everyone was dying, and she had no idea where her mother was.

Jeremy used his power to pick Addy up and into the chair. He then looked at Johnson "what happened?"
:twisted: I have surpassed the devil

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:10 am

(Just as requested, one kitten photo coming right up!)

Cleanington, Near the White House

An U.E.N. Transport comes with Harris aboard, and others whom cared to come with as the Testament IV was left in orbit of earth. The transport soon Landed near Cleanington, as He leaves his weapons behind, and disarms himself before getting out the transport. The Elemental's aboard the transport have the side guns lowered to not be presented as a threat. The pilot activates an dimensional inhibitor to prevent what had happened when they went to present themselves at the U.N. Summit.

Harris trench coat waves in the wind, as he makes his approach towards security, he presented himself as a diplomat rather than a professional soldier.

Tess however, was still on the Cleanington grounds, as she was the initial diplomat of the U.E.N.. She was in a emotional state about the city, as she showed this in her composure, while sitting there... Looking at the city on the news. "I have no place here, I know, but I must offer our assistance. If you require it, we will work in co-op with the government, but we will not discriminate the people with powers, and without. All people should be treated equally..." She said in a calm tone.

TempestLaw

Post by TempestLaw » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:24 am

Kitten

Ruvator AkA Superior
Cleanington, Near the White House, April 11th 2018

Ruvator just arrived in Cleanington after flying out of Genric City. He landed on the ground the people around him were watching the news. He looked at the Tv it reminded him how he failed to save all those citizens. He saw four other people nearby. One of them was a girl in a wheelchair. She was talking to two men, they talk about the events that took place in Genric City. He walked towards them and ask. "Are you guys also survivors from Genric City?"
Last edited by TempestLaw on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Even if you end up as the world's enemy, I'll be your knight.

Gr1n

Post by Gr1n » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:27 am

(Cat photo loves sandviches: https://media.giphy.com/media/oCuD1iA4Y0p9K/giphy.gif)
Oliver Crasken, James Grey, Henry Edwards, and Patrick Donaghy are sitting in a bar in varying levels of sulking.
"Well, so much for that good thing" Henry gripes, downing his beer.
Patrick shakes his head. "We're down, not out. The Syndicate's just been shaken up a little. We'll recover."
James nods around his whiskey and rye.
Oliver shakes his head and takes another sip of his Shirley Temple. "Maven held us all together, and now she's retired and left no trace. I never thought the asshole was competent, but Pumpkin put somebody who is in charge of rounding us up. Even if we are the "bad guys" and it's effective, don't people realize the bad precedent? He's already abusing the system but those spineless cowards are letting him get away with it. And now there's our new boss. Not that I'm complaining, but when do we meet them?"
"When we finish our drinks" Patrick says. "Does anyone else feel uneasy about drinking here?"
The others look around. The bar had been one of the few untouched structures in Genric City, although it had ended up buried under the rubble until The Hood and Hellhound had managed to make a tunnel to it.
James and Edward shake their heads. "Nope."
"It's nice to use my bar-tending skills occasionally" Oliver says. "It helped me pay my way through college."
Edward looks incredulous. "What did you major in?"
"Economics. I wasn't very good at it, which is why I'm earning more money than the average stockbroker doing this. Or I was. Is everyone done, I want to meet the new boss."
(@JEBtheGamer1, their next scene will be with the villain team's NPC leader).

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:01 am

Ground Zero: Remains of Genric

Moon had managed to capture Void in crystallized plasma, to keep her powers in check, and blocked from being used, however this is an temporary prison, as it requires a lot of energy to maintain it. She wakes up, only to see that the crystallized plasma around her, and rubble beyond that. She was crossed as ever, but her powers are mostly depleted, due to the fact that she expended most of her energy destroying the city, and regaining the energy would take a long time due to the fact that she is a Hybrid.

"Damit..." She muttered, as she is fixed in place, unable to move an inch. "Just when I have an itch on my lower back, I can't even move to scratch it..."
Last edited by GUVII on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arion Queen
Bronze

Post by Arion Queen » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:36 am

(I am a cat person. This challenge is easy.)

Cleanington, near the White House

A figure stumbled into the city, glints of silver shown from various cuts and wounds. Vibrant red locks, fluttered in the air, as a set of familiar glowing blue feline eyes looked up. There was no mask to hide, the hunters features anymore. She was actually, a beautiful woman. Her face was faintly dotted with freckles, and unmarked by scars.

Her feline features were not present at this time. There was no way she would stay this way for long. No serum could spell disaster. But she was going to do her best to keep it contained, but she needed help. Although it goes directly against her ideals, she couldn't heal these on her own. Several shards were dug deep.
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:16 pm

Cleanington, near the White House
Harris paused for a moment before continuing onward towards his diplomatic duty, he had that same feeling from before, when he was on the rooftop with the 'Dark Hunter', and once again in the hospital. He didn't know how to react, to seek out the dark hunter, or to continue with diplomacy, which Tess is already on site for. "Tess? Ill be preoccupied looking for a friend, can you sort out the diplomatic issues?" Harris asked in a mental communication, as Tess responded back "Ill try sir, I hope the leader of the United States, president Pumpkin will understand, and come to some agreement with our methods..." The communication ended, as Harris walks back towards the transport, and grabs what supplies he can carry. First aid kit, some water, and food if needed. He also grabbed his weapons, not knowing what else may make its appearance.

Harris soon sets off to find the Dark Hunter, but has no idea where to start, or even look. He just had a hunch, and he wasn't one to ignore them.

Fallen Angel

Post by Fallen Angel » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:25 am

Jeremy Wade
c6895feb60af463fecc2c389c95548e1--people-quotes-yummy-yummy.jpg
c6895feb60af463fecc2c389c95548e1--people-quotes-yummy-yummy.jpg (10.85 KiB) Viewed 1283 times

Jeremy turned to the man who had came up "Yeah wassap?" Jeremy said less emotional then you'd think someone who just witnessed millions die would be.
Last edited by Fallen Angel on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
This is a signature.

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:08 am

https://goo.gl/images/9l3558

Addison "Addy" Lockwood
the-last-of-us-older-ellie-fan-art_1920.0.0.jpg
the-last-of-us-older-ellie-fan-art_1920.0.0.jpg (82.46 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
Cleanington, near the White House: April 11th, 2018

Addy clung to the arms of the wheelchair as she was set down in it and wiped her eyes again. She didn't know what happened, not in the slightest. All she knew was that Generic City was completely obliterated, all gone. It broke her heart, surprisingly. But she also had no clue what had happened to her parents or why Johnson was the way he was. Addy jumped as someone new appeared asking if they were survivors. She didn't reply, she didn't want to. Johnson was still unconscious and bleeding and it worried the hell out of her. "Johnson? Johnson, please wake up! Don't be a dickhead!"
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!