Superhero's Alliance

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
Gecko
Silver

Re: Superhero's Alliance

Post by Gecko » Sat May 16, 2020 4:32 am

(RIP Florida Man lol)

The rhino kept her massive horn buried in the side of the Earth Mother, her stubby legs digging into the ground to keep the pressure going. The animorphic heroine had no idea if what she was doing was actually working or not, but she didn't really want to risk backing out to take a look. All she could really do was desperately hope that the police or someone could get the freaky alien creature truly secure and not pinned by a single ivory horn. A big brown eye focused on the Florida Man as he let out a screech of...pain? Fright? She had no idea - maybe both, because now he was encased by some weird egg-like object. That's really not good...

Not really knowing what else she could do (the panic was beginning to set in for real now), Scarlett gave one big shove with all of her rhino weight behind it and shifted Earth Mother away from the "egg". The girl really had no idea if taking it away from the egg would help, but it was worth a shot. As she turned the bug alien away, Scarlett also tried to aim the body towards the ground as she started to gallop away from the source of the battle and into a nearby building, a large crack in the concrete beginning to form from the weight of both creatures.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Rook_Cahill
Location: the Universe, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Outer Arm, Solar System, Earth, USA.

Post by Rook_Cahill » Sun May 17, 2020 12:10 am

Once within a yard or so of the fight, Ambroze's skin turned from tan to gray, translucent lines of red marking his veins.'Finally some FUN!' Even as the voice died away, his hand came out of his backpack holding a dagger. He had only done this before accidentally, and the fact he had enacted his change without difficulty surprised him. "Just don't kill the rhino, stupid. And no maiming the officers either." Ambroze didn't wait for a reply.

Jumping high into the air, he landed on top of the spider creature. Pinned between a rhino and a building, the spider didn't give Ambroze the best footing. He hoped he could stay balanced. 'Hey, I thought we were going to get the autograph firsst!' "Ahh, shut up." Ambroze yelled, slashing at the spider's eyes and growing mandibles.
"there was a man in gilead, a man with yellow eyes. to me he said 'Beware the whispers,for they whisper lies.'" and then I stabbed him. then my freind stabbed him too. and then I realised I was dreaming, and everyone turned furry, and everything cascaded into chaos.

Tropingenie

Post by Tropingenie » Sun May 17, 2020 5:19 am

(Oooh, the first scene is almost over. I can't wait to introduce my character! They'll be here soon.)

Pressed against a building, with a rhino's horn digging deep into her flesh and the majority of her faculties demolished, the Earth Mother had not the leeway nor the brainpower to do anything other than mindless flair. The resonant screech from both the egg and the Earth Mother rose and fell as Ambroze tore into it with his knife, and its spasming attacks grew weaker.

But, though the Earth Mother was vanquished, she left a final gift. The rising and falling intonation of the screech hadn't been random: It was precisely calculated. The wall behind her gave way, and the trio was plunged into the bangin' club behind it. Though, it wasn't bangin' right now because it was day, but locals would know it banged at night.

Also, the club had been long evacuated, which was the fortunate part. But as the Earth Mother's screech petered out, the building above the club began to collapse. It seemed her intention was to bring the building down on all three of them. Large chunks of concrete menacing with spikes of rebar began to fall, kicking up clouds of dust that eliminated visibility, and a groaning rumble filled the air.
Jeb? Yes... that was what they used to call me. Jeb the Gamer1.
That was my name.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Tue May 26, 2020 5:28 am

As both Scarlett, the Earth Mother, and a new accomplice crashed headlong into an empty club, Scarlett figured it would be a good idea to get out of the way of the crumbling building. A rhino was far too large to maneuver easily out of the way, but all of the fast transformations in a short amount of time took a toll on her stamina. It was not gonna be fun when she got home. The rubble cascaded onto broad armored shoulders as she wriggled around to escape the wreckage, hooves clattering heavily over destroyed concrete. Closing her eyes to protect them from the clouds of dust, Scarlett charged forward, bursting out of the way while the ground shook from the crumbling nightclub.

Rhino Scarlett turned once more to see what came of the destruction. She was a little out of sorts with all of the surprising things that seemed to appear out of nowhere today. And I thought the worst surprise that was gonna happen today was the pop quiz in math, Scarlett thought to herself bitterly. A deep-rooted instinct began to tickle the back of her mind, frightened of what was going on and begging her to buck around and charge recklessly in response. That was her natural cue to get out of the transformation. If she stayed in one animal for too long, her sense of self would be lost, and she assumed she would stay as that animal forever.

The alleyway she had come from wasn't far. Though she wasn't sure if things were done here, Scarlett was far too inexperienced to risk herself anymore than she already did. Rather ungracefully, the monstrous rhino galloped away to the fast food alleyway. It was a bit blurred from fading memory, but Scarlett soon found herself in a contorting mix of crackling bones and constricting muscles. She squeezed her eyes shut and waited for the transition to pass. The young woman wasn't sure how long it took, having to undo all of those transformations without returning to her human self, but with a deep inhale and her eyes flying open she found herself curled up by the dumpster. "That's...actually gross." Scarlett brushed her red hair out of her eyes as she scooted away from the metal container. Now there were two choices: high-tail it out of here and go home for some rest or make sure things were settling down back at the site. Against her better judgement, Scarlett's gut feeling was to go back. Having these abilities was a new responsibility that she would have to learn to control and use correctly. With extreme caution, the student turned to head back to the Earth Mother's body and...well, everything.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

odog811
Bronze
Location: Kirby's kingdom, eating Alexander's comfortable clothing and dumping his meds into trash cans

Post by odog811 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:23 pm

Eventually the snake seemed to go to get another makeshift shell, only to find the quake from the building collapsing had spilled his mixes, and booze, into the water. "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!" Seemed to ring out of the sewers, as the creature scrambled to salvage what he could.

Upon realizing that his shells and, to him more importantly, stolen booze were beyond saving, he went to try making a shiv to shank the one he thought might be responsible.

"YOU CAME TO THE WRONG HOUSE FOOL!"

Tropingenie

Post by Tropingenie » Fri May 29, 2020 3:20 am

(@odog811 I'm not quite sure who you're trying to shank, unless it's the egg? Or you could just blame my character and shank him (yes, my character will not be dodging the shank so stab away)

It took a few minutes before there was visibility again. The once beautiful, sunny, Caribbean beachscape was now riddled with dead insects and human casualties. The pops of gunfire still echoed in the distance, but they were quiet in comparison to the pervasive echoing rumble from the building collapse.

And, in the center of it all, was a person clad all in black. From his tinted motorcycle helmet and armour to his leather jacket and jeans, was a black base with dark purple glowing esoteric symbols where one might expect advertisements or logos. Though the dust was clearing and settling, a black smoke-like substance kept curling around their feet.

"Ah, shit. I'm a little late."

Their voice, as best as anyone could tell, was feminine, though obviously also being put through a filter. Their form was also lithe, not unlike a female, but they had an air of androgyny about them, adding to their mysteriousness. They seemed fixated on the building, but suddenly their head snapped to look in Scarlett's direction.

"Something something, return to the scene of the crime..? Who's there!"
That was my name.

Rook_Cahill
Location: the Universe, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Outer Arm, Solar System, Earth, USA.

Post by Rook_Cahill » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:11 pm

Dropping from a great height is not recommended for most human beings. This unhelpful thought dropped into his mind at the same time as he fell into a cloud of dust and rubble, hitting the ground hard on his shoulder. Springing back up, he ran back out of the ruined building.

Everything was in slow motion when his eyes refocused on a motorcyclist not three yards away. He or she was speaking but Ambroze couldn't tell what they were saying. Then he felt a small tickle in his throat, and a voice much like the one in his head came from his mouth. "Hey, where's the snake? And what's up with your outfit?"
"there was a man in gilead, a man with yellow eyes. to me he said 'Beware the whispers,for they whisper lies.'" and then I stabbed him. then my freind stabbed him too. and then I realised I was dreaming, and everyone turned furry, and everything cascaded into chaos.

Tropingenie

Post by Tropingenie » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:35 pm

"Snake? Is that what it was... It seems to be dead now. Ah, I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Jay, senior special agent of the Pentagon's Terrestrial Anomaly Response Unit, or TARU for short. We're technically a national secret, but... Let's just say things won't be staying secret for long. Besides, even if I didn't have the clearance to tell you, it's not like the NSA or CIA could do anything about me."

Jay sized Ambroze up.

"Seein' as you're here, I'm guessing you're a Vow? Well, I guess the Layman's term would-be superhero. Anyway, since the situation is all but over, could you tell me what happened? I need something to put in my report."
That was my name.