The Ol' Rook Pub

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Re: The Ol' Rook Pub

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:46 pm

Akhiranaar listened to their stories with interest. So Moon could indeed manipulate space-time, but rather more by her own power than by that of her scythe. This caused him to become intrigued even more by the ability.

As he listened alertly to Lian's story, he began to picture his home planet as he went forth with the description. As the alien went on, it was revealed that he was cast out due to opposing the barbaric ways of the planet, and sent circulating space in that unstable-looking steel ball he'd seen earlier.

Akhiranaar's eyes sparked with interest, but this interest was joined by minor irritation upon being called a 'pipsqueak', especially by another short guy. With an inward sigh, he decided he'd just let it slide, whatever annoyance had been in the ninja's eyes fading.

"Well, I come from a distant planet known as Halcandra," he began. "It exists in a faraway dimension. I've spent my whole life there, though I'd hardly call it much of a home. There's nothing there except industrialization on one side and endless volcanoes on the other. The sky is always blocked out by a thick layer of volcanic ash, and it's hot no matter where you go. Volcanic eruptions could happen without warning at any time. The planet is guarded by a four-headed dragon called Landia, but she's usually fast asleep."

"My kind- known to most 'Halcandran Dees'- are typically very skilled in the ways of engineering. But when I was still rather young, I was chosen by a legendary ninja, called Biospark, to be his apprentice. He took me in to train me in the ways of ninjutsu, and he also taught me how to safely navigate the more volcanic regions of the planet. That proved to be a useful skill when, a couple of years later, I had to save another young Halcandran Dee from a sudden volcanic eruption. Her parents had been killed in that eruption, and she would've been alone otherwise, so I ended up taking her in as a little sister of sorts. Her name was Lunalhia. She was always a little timid from her experience, but boy was she a skilled mechanic."

"My training has gotten progressively more rigorous over the years as I've gotten older, so I don't have very much time to myself anymore, since my studies and practice occupy me near constantly now. When I do get some time to take a break, I'd normally spend it with Luna, though she has not returned to Halcandra for a long time." His mismatched eyes grew momentarily distant, as he lifted his head to the vast starry sky that shone overhead, glittering through the hole Lian had left in the ceiling. Almost as if he was searching the stars, expecting to see exactly where his lost sister had ended up. "I suppose she found a more peaceful life on another planet somewhere, far away from the dangers of Halcandra at last."

"At any rate, Biospark has allowed me the next couple of days off. I decided I'd do a little exploration while I was at it, to see what kinds of planets and creatures I could find." He looked up at Moon and Lian, his eyes glittering cheerfully. "And so, I ended up here!"
———————————
☆ Self-Proclaimed Leader of the Off Topic Gang ☆
Image Image Image

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:42 pm

Moon smiles for a brief moment, before hearing about the wars that they had fought in, the fights that they were involved with as well, all brought back painful memories of her own past, she steps back a little and looks down at the floor, hurting within, but attempting to hide it. "...I too was in fighting myself, could say I was born into it, made for it. Being a guardian of life has a price, a burden as you may call it that weighs heavily on your shoulders. I fought against an ancient race that dealt with Magic, or the use of mana, an unknown form of energy that is too most Elementals quite toxic, in fact it can be deadly as it is incompatible." She pauses for a moment while looking at the floor.

"The Ancients didn't know what they started when I was created, I've learned of their nature from my own kin, my brothers and sisters died before me as they were tested, exploited, or destroyed by thy enemy. Shortly after that began the billion year war, a revolt against the Ancients, our oppressors were eventually overwhelmed, defeated and destroyed. But victory didn't come easy, as we've lost a lot of friends in the war, many planets were destroyed, and worse of all... the Elemental race that was once peaceful, began to reshape into a conquering power, to dominate the rest of the known universe, just like the Ancients." Moon then slightly lifted her head as she continues "so began the civil war, the corruption wars, and a age old weapon from the ancients started another war known as the infestation calamity. After all of this, we were forced to change, and thus I was appointed leader of the U.E.N. known as the United Elemental Navy, that was designed to keep all Elementals united under one banner, one leader, one common goal. To protect life, at all cost. That goal was put to the test, as the Ancients started another war... with the help of humanity. Which brought a 20 year war on a small blue gem like planet known as Earth, over 4 billion human lives were lost, and 2 million Elementals."

Moon rolls her neck slowly and looks up at the ceiling. "Even though that war was the shortest, it was by far the most painful war I've ever fought in, A family adopted me and died because a corporation wanted to experiment on me, friends and love ones were lost, and it almost destroyed us and our very oath that we took upon ourselves... eventually all if it came to an end when the U.S.F. announced their unconditional surrender and the true plot of the Ancients came into light as both U.S.F. and U.E.N. forces did one last Joint venture into unknown space to end the Ancient threat... and that we did. After our hollow victory, I was 'forced' to take a break away from the troubles of the U.E.N. and to find peace for once in my life, but for all I've seen, there is never peace, just another battle waiting to begin and another life to be saved. So that is my very brief history about myself..." Moon exhales slowly before looking at the others. "As that is also how I got here myself, sorry to bring such a dark cloud here, just I've seen quite a bit in my life time of 4.2 billion years." She tries to smile, but it quite obvious it was forced.

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:50 pm

"You are not alone."

A new voice spoke suddenly, not belonging to Akhiranaar or Lian, but rather someome completely different. Out of the shadows of a small table nearer to the back of the pub stepped another small creature, only somewhat bigger than Akhiranaar, perhaps about 10 inches tall. The figure was covered in armor, a cracked and scuffed battle mask concealing the entirety of their face save for the pair of pale lavender eyes that shone behind it, which almost seemed to glow very faintly.

Their armor, in general, appeared cracked and beaten, and they wore a torn lavender cape that looked almost as though a massive beast had taken a bite out of its top portion. An old leather scabbard was strapped to their back, the blue hilt of a sword visible inside of it.

The creature was spherical in shape, and appeared to be a light gray color from what could be seen of its body around its armor. It possessed a pair of short arms with large gloved hands, and sky-blue colored feet could be seen around the straps of its pale blue sabatons. A small, yellow, star-shaped object rested atop one of the figure's icy blue, silver-trimmed shoulder pads, and as they walked, hints of snow-white feathers could be seen under its long cape behind its shoulders, suggesting a pair of wings possibly hidden beneath.

The armored creature walked toward Moon slowly, staring up at her with an unreadable expression. "I, too, was born into a terrible war against a force of evil who sought to rule all the galaxies," she said quietly, her voice sounding stoic. "Just like you, I have seen a thousand lifetimes of bloodshed, loss and betrayal."

The warrior lifted her head. "I was born a Star Warrior, raised to fight against an evil known as Nightmare, in a terrible war that lasted for thousands of years. That war was eventually lost on our part, and thus Nightmare's influence still hold across many galaxies, as well entire planets being invaded and even destroyed by his armies of demon beasts. Countless Star Warriors lost their lives, until none of us were left but a remnant. I am one of the few survivors, the only known survivor of my family line, and even I in my time as a knight-errant have come close to death many times."

She fell silent for a moment, fending off flashbacks of the great war. She had witnessed her father die before her very eyes, at the same time that her older brother vanished seemingly out of nowhere in the battlefield. Nova knows whatever happened to her mother. Even she almost perished that day, if not for her mentor and closest friend saving her life and allowing her time to escape from the beast that killed her father and sought to kill her, too.

Her entire life had been nothing but a near-endless battle, and so she almost couldn't think without a soldier's mindset, even when she was not fighting. With an inaudible sigh, she continued, "My name is Sub-Zero Knight, a Star Warrior of the fallen Galaxy Soldier Army. Apologies for not introducing myself sooner." The Star Warrior dipped her head politely. "I, too, have seen quite a bit in my lifetime. Though, while I have lived long, I must confess I have not lived quite as long as you."

———————————
Image Image Image

Yamperzzz

Post by Yamperzzz » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:51 am

Xenophon had spent the majority of the time quietly eavesdropping on the group of aliens. He had always enjoyed hearing the life of others, especially of those who live on vastly different planets and cultures. You'd never know what a person had gone through until they share their personal tale. He listened to them as he began to sip on his coffee and read his newspaper. Eventually, Xenophon had completely read through the entire newspaper, or, at least, parts that were meaningful to him. He folded the paper back up and placed it on the table.

Following this, Xenophon paid full attention to the other aliens' stories. Once he stopped reading, a new alien had entered the pub. It looked similar to the Halcandran Dee, but it wore a set of armor and had a long purple shape. The alien, who later identified herself as Sub-Zero Knight, added onto Moon's tragic life story involving war by including her own kindred story. Xenophon listened intently as he drank his coffee in hand. He felt happy that a group of aliens, who did not know each other until just a few moments ago, had decided to share such personal details with each other. He genuinely thought that they would become good friends and this warmed his heart.

However, Xenophon's social anxiety prevented him from coming over and introducing himself. He thought it would be strange for him to abruptly butt into their discussion only to awkwardly talk about recent space news. He doesn't like going into detail about his personal life, especially with random strangers. Nonetheless, they all seemed like they enjoyed each other's company.

Just then, a trilling alert notified Xenophon to look onto his watch. His watch, which he used to inform the taller alien of the time, was also a smartwatch that allowed him to take calls. Hologram calls to be specific. He glanced at the name that listed who was calling him. It was his buddy, Nessus.

Xenophon answered the call, and as he did, a default profile image projected itself from his watch. It displayed the caller's name below it and had a small audio visualizer to the right of it. The caller spoke first.

"Hey, Xenophon!" The voice was low but excitable, contrasting Xenophon's rather dull tone.

"Oh, greetings Nessus. How are you today? Did the..." Xenophon cleared his throat. "Got any updates on the project...?"

"Let's just cut to the chase. I'm not on speaker, am I? Am I being projected?"

"Yes."

"Well, let's just talk regularly. Turn off the speaker, please."

And with that, Xenophon turned off the speaker and holographic projection and began speaking with Nessus. He was talking too quietly to be heard, unless someone happened to eavesdrop on him too.
yamperZZZ...

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:59 am

Moon looks up at the new figure that suddenly appeared, seems similar in physical appearance towards Akhiranaar. She stood there while listening to Sub-Zero, almost saying a relatable experience that she once had herself, may times before. "Sub-Zero..." Moon said quietly, pondering the name in her mind, thinking into the history behind her and the name at the same time yet cannot find why she is named as such. Her curiosity gets the best of her, as she cannot help but ask a most obvious question.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, my name is Moon, Alice Moon. But, I have a small question, how did you come across your name?" She asked as she tilted her head, inspecting the armor, almost acting like a child that walked into a comic book store for the first time, she was excited to meet new people.

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:34 pm

Sub-Zero watched the fellow warrior, named Moon, calmly, lifting her head slightly to the large hole in the roof upon hearing the question. How she'd gotten her name... now that was something of a story. She casually stretched her snowy-owl-like, slightly fluffy wings as she pondered the matter.

Truly, her name had come from her hidden powers, the connection to ice and cold that she'd always had. The fact that the frigid, icy winds were her source of strength and energy. The colder it was, the stronger she'd be. Though, how to explain such a thing...

"My name..." the knight echoed distantly at last. "Well... I was born with unusual powers," she began, her pale-purple eyes gazing at something in the stars that seemingly no one else but her could see. "Powers of ice, to be exact."
———————————
Image Image Image

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:34 pm

Moon tilted her head, then ponders on the thought. The idea of using ice abilities reminds her of Water Elementals that exist in cold climates, making them Ice Elementals. "Reminds me a few friends I know, before their homeworld was hit by a pandemic. They fought by my side, but usually their ice abilities would show in cold climates, as for other climates, it is either water or steam, depending on how hot it is. My abilities are somewhat mysterious as they are somewhat related to the Moon itself, but naturally I'm a interstellar type of Elemental. The ability to manipulate space and time comes from learning from other Elemental Types, Time Elementals."

Moon lifted her hand and shows a holographic preview of a Ice Elemental "This is my friend whom fought along side me before she went back home to fight against the pandemic that was afflicting her homeworld, I have yet to hear from her, but something tells me she is still alive, but... different."

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:08 pm

Sub-Zero observed the hologram with interest, tilting her head to one side. She was intrigued by the idea of a fellow ice-wielder. She listened as Moon described more about her kind, nodding slowly.

"My abilities show themselves as ice abilities no matter what," she said. "But they do change somewhat depending on the climate I am in. When I am in a cold environment, they will be very strong, as will I- the cold energizes me in a way, sort of serves as a source of strength for me. But in a hotter environment, my abilities may become limited and somewhat more weak. That is why I do not rely solely on my powers." She gestured behind her to the sheathed sword strapped to her back. "Truly, I only use my powers if there is no choice for one reason or another."

She glanced up at Moon once again, pale lavender eyes glittering. "Your powers sound very interesting indeed. I have only heard of such abilities from legends. In fact, there is a legend of a warrior in my homeworld whose power was said to be near limitless, and for that reason was sealed away. They, too, are told to have had the ability to manipulate space and time."
———————————
Image Image Image