The Ol' Rook Pub

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
Rookie

The Ol' Rook Pub

Post by Rookie » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:21 am

So, check this out, there once was a legend, handed down the line of generations for centuries. This legend was pretty cool, you know? I mean, it certainly wasn't hot. As a matter of fact, I highly doubt it had a temperature at all. It was a legend.

Anyway.

This legend spoke of a myth. And that myth told of a parable. And that parable referenced a fable. And that fable begat some folklore. What were we talking about?

Oh yeah.

So, this legend-myth-parable-fable-folklore spoke of an ancient place, older than the universe itself. It was said that this place laid witness to the birth of life, being created by whatever cosmic, transcendent, quantum figure decided to light a cigarette inside the gaseous vacuum of space, blowing shit up and creating tree frogs. How far those crazy hoppy-boys have come, huh? From pond to tree. Inspirational. Next, they'll be working our jobs, sleeping with our spouses, and raising our children. I mean, they deserve it so...you know...can't be mad. I've gone off track again.

Let's get back to the legend thing.

So, this place was like the chill-zone of the cosmos, allegedly. It just kind of floated out there in the nothingness. Eventually, all that planet shit developed around it, and it just kind of hung out, got to know the neighbors. John and Phillice. Good people. I heard they breed their own Cocker-Spaniels. Nice breed. Good dogs. Ornery sometimes, but they're all good dogs. So, as things started really popping off, people of great significance began visiting this place, chilling out, shooting the breeze. I don't know what the breeze did to deserve such violent repercussions, but what do I know. Maybe the breeze is a just a huge prick.

Anywho, yadda yadda yadda, time moves on, different faces come and go, but one thing always remained the same. That place. Never changed a bit, from the wood holding the place together to the man behind the counter. This is The Ol' Rook Pub, and I'll be your server today. Come on in, sit on down. Order something, or don't. Everything is free, so why would I care? The answer to that question is, because I'm insecure about my culinary skills, and I would like you to compliment my cooking. Is that too much to ask? I hope it isn't, because I'm not done asking for stuff. This is the last thing though. The Pub's been closed a while now, and Ol' Rook's been outta the picture. Who took the picture, you ask? That guy from Cheers. Don't know why I'm not in it, but that's more of a question for him.

Anyway.

I've been gone a while, and I would love for you to come on in and tell me about yourself. Let's get to know each other.

Welcome to The Ol' Rook!
Because fuck logic

Quintillian

Re: The Ol' Rook Pub

Post by Quintillian » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:48 pm

In the black sea of space was a small, compact vessel carrying a tall alien. He'd been drifting about in the void for who knows how long; he didn't have a watch. Did anyone by chance have a watch? This guy needs to know the time. It could be any measure of time: Sundial, hourglass, stopwatch, some random person yelling an hour, it didn't matter to him.

He'd been sent on a mission from HQ to explore the regions of the galaxy. Headquarters being another lie for his denial of being kicked off of his planet. Lian was his name, and he came from a race of savage hunters. They killed animals for food, fought to death for tribal leadership, mounted steeds for mobility, had cool weapons, they were living the good life. Simple but good. Then here comes Lian evolving and such, gaining knowledge, advancing the species. They couldn't stand him. This guy just walks in, takes their primitive life and makes it more complex. How could he do such a thing? They just wanted to poke people with pointy objects, not getting smarter; that was hard! So they did the only thing that any comic book hero would do to get rid of something.

Blast it into space

On that day they worked tirelessly on a vessel to put him in, purposely making it as dangerous and unsafe as possible so he could die quicker. He ended up being shoved into a big steel ball of metal that was bolted shut, and it had one defective rocket on it. He was blasted off into space, leaving the rest of his race to inevitably evolve without him, only to later have their society degenerate and fall due to corruption and reminiscing of the simpler times. The evolution of the race was later made into a documentary called: "How to grow your own civilization." It didn't have many viewers though.

The steel ball kept floating and floating until it crashed into some establishment in the middle nowhere. Was there really a nowhere in space? Wasn't everywhere nowhere in space? Lian pried open the vessel and found himself in a quaint, rustic bar. He walked over to sit in one of the stools and waited for whoever ran the place to show themselves. "Anyone in here?!" He shouted "Can someone give me the time?!"

Steve_Hansell

Post by Steve_Hansell » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:46 am

Marlo was a little blue alien fella with black spots and scaley lizard type skin standing a little over 4ft in height which was an advantage in his line of work. Of course it would be if he was any good at what he did.

See, Marlo is a smuggler, only, not a very good one. He'd like to think he is Mr Cool intergalactic space smuggler but in truth the only thing he does is annoy people everywhere he goes. He steals stuff, he gets caught, he then either gets thrown in jail, banished from the planet or ordered to compensate his victim. There isn't an establishment that he's not been kicked out of within most of the core worlds. The only thing is, Marlo actually can't remember which planets he's been banished from or which establishments he's been barred from.

It makes a change when he arrives at the establishment in the middle of space. He does so simply by chance. He had just stolen a teleportation device from some well to do diplomat and was being pursued by the law. He randomly punched in a set of coordinates into the device.

With a fizz and a pop suddenly he is outside a place called Old Rooks. Confusion on his face as he looks down at the device still in his hand. Had he actually managed to get away with something.

He walked inside the doors, being so short, he couldn't see much.

"Hello, anybody home?"

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Role Playing Forums v4.2.2.

Yamperzzz

Post by Yamperzzz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:23 pm

In one of the booths of the Ol' Rooks Pub sat another peculiar alien.

It had a black, crystalline exoskeleton that was tough and cold like metal. Parts of the exoskeleton grew spikes and horns, especially at the head and shoulders. Its face donned a yellow crescent-shaped plate like a mask, and the plate had another pair of crescent horns attached to it. The whites of its eyes were, instead, blue, and its pupils were white. The alien was bipedal, slightly larger than a human, and had a small stubby tail to accompany it. To top it all off, one of the alien's most noticeable features was a pair of pinchers that replaced what would be hands. Its name was Xenophon.

Xenophon was sitting comfortably by itself in a booth inside the building. In its pinchers, it held a space newspaper entitled The Intergalactic Times. For the time being, it was simply just relaxing. Xenophon didn't like being in a place with lots of people, and this pub was usually quiet. Because of that, this was Xenophon's go-to place for relaxation ever since he discovered it. While it was reading over the newspaper, it heard one of the doors open. Xenophon's booth faced away from the door, so it leaned to the side to look behind it.

At the door stood a small blue alien with black spots. Its skin was similar to that of a reptile. It was holding an odd device, but Xenophon couldn't identify it from that distance. The alien seemed confused and lost, and it asked if anyone was around. Other than them and Xenophon, no one else was there. So, all Xenophon did was reply "yes," lean back into its seat, and keep reading. It didn't want to strike a conversation, but it wasn't going to be rude either.

Once Xenophon went back to reading one particular story in the paper, something far more disruptive occurred. Xenophon heard a distant but loud crash that greatly startled him. Thankfully, it must've been from the other side of the pub, as the pub was strangely, almost impossibly large when compared with the outside of the establishment. It chose to ignore it, it was probably a meteoroid or something to the effect. A short while later, a tall alien walked in from the direction of the sound and sat on a stool in the bar. It asked for the time so Xenophon, cringing from the social interaction, looked at his watch on his left wrist and replied, "Its almost 4 PM. Intergalactic Time."
yamperZZZ...

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:18 pm

Suddenly, a large cloud of smoke appeared outside the establishment, obscuring most of the view. When the smoke faded, a hooded creature who hadn't been there a moment ago stood before the doors of the pub, staring up at the establishment as if assessing it.

He was comically short, a pitiful maximum of about eight or nine inches tall. But he looked determined nonetheless. Clad in a ninja-esque dark brown hood and robes, a long cape that was black as the surrounding void flowing out behind him. A katana was strapped to his back in a scabbard, suggesting that he was indeed a ninja of some sort. But perhaps among his strangest features were his mismatched eyes and the way they contradicted one another- one was a piercing, intimidating icy blue, while the other a warm, comforting sienna-brown.

Able to compensate for his small size with ninja skill, Akhiranaar jumped up to the outer wall of the pub, clinging to it with ease, and opened the old wooden door with a soft creak.

The gray alien entered the establishment, pulling the doors closed behind him, and confidently strode past the counter. He approached a booth that stood across from a row of three or so others and hopped onto it, picking up the menu that sat on the table with his short, stub-like arms. He began to scan through the items listed on the menu, which were written in a few common intergalactic languages. He didn't see his own home language, Halcandran, on there, so he figured English would have to suffice.

The booth he'd chosen happened to be across from and slightly in front of that of another alien, who at a glance, appeared to have a metallic black exoskeleton with many spikes and horns protruding from it. The alien was large, far bigger than himself, and appeared to be reading a newspaper of some sort. Akhiranaar regarded this with mild interest, looking at the creature from the corner of his eye for a moment before returning his attention to the menu.

The ninja's head snapped up when he heard a loud crash somewhere in the distance, and he looked around warily for a moment. Upon not seeing anything unsual, he silently relaxed his posture again and began to read through the pub menu once more. He heard something about the time, to which the large many-spiked alien seemed to hesitantly reply, but Akhiranaar mostly tuned it out. He was curious about the other creatures in the pub, sure, but as a ninja, he had a feeling his mentor Biospark wouldn't approve of him running around to talk to everyone he saw. He'd simply come here for a treat while he had some time off from his rigorous ninjutsu training and studies. It was a high honor to be apprenticed to the legendary ninja of Halcandra, and Akhiranaar didn't want to disappoint his mentor in the slightest.

Still, the little gray creature couldn't help but glance up at the others in the pub on occasion with curiosity. Biospark had given him the next couple of days off, and his only wish had been for Akhiranaar to still fit some studying into those days in the meantime. He couldn't help but wonder if it would really hurt to talk for a little while.
———————————
☆ Self-Proclaimed Leader of the Off Topic Gang ☆
Image Image Image

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:45 am

Sudden appearance of a scythe edge reveals itself in thin air next to the Ninja like figure inside the pub, eventually making its way in a downward motion towards the ground until it touches the floor, the sound of it cutting though the air sounds like a long record scratch as it pierces not only the space around it, but time itself. The slice in space slowly opens like an eyelid as the backdrop around the opening is warped and contorted, similar to a black hole and its event horizon. The opening reveals a figure not much taller than the Ninja like figure, holding onto a scythe that is by far much larger than her, as she is roughly 18 inches tall. The background reveals a beautiful forest, blue skies, and a city further back that looks like something out of a fantasy, but with a massive battle cruiser floating above it, as if it was guarding it.

The figure stands there for a short moment, looking around inside the pub before entering, holding onto the hilt of her scythe. Her glowing blue eyes scan the figures first, even the Ninja figure next to the opening while giving a warm smile. She steps forward and walks though the opening, it remains open until she lifts her scythe and it closes behind her, leaving no evidence of a opening other than a energy wake that can only be felt by people whom are sensitive to such changes in space and time.

She walks up to the Ninja like figure and crouches down to eye level of the figure "sorry for almost hitting you, wasn't quite sure how close I was. Nice to meet you, my name is Moon!" She says in a polite tone while offering her hand out for a handshake.

Attachments
Moon.png
Moon.png (831.22 KiB) Viewed 737 times

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:23 pm

Akhiranaar sharply turned his head to see what appeared to be the edge of a scythe appearing out of nowhere right next to him, just barely missing the protruding edge of his hood. He slid back in his seat, distancing himself from the blade while watching it with a mix of caution and curiosity. The ninja looked on with interest as it seemed to slice through the very fabric of space itself, opening what seemed to be a black hole of sorts from the slice it created.

He observed the one who opened the portal with interest upon her becoming visible, his first observations being that she was close to his size, and appeared to be friendly. This was confirmed when she walked up to him and introduced herself with an apology. Her name was Moon. A pretty name. In his opinion, it suited her.

"Hey, no worries. My name's Akhiranaar," he replied cheerfully, shaking Moon's hand with one of his stubs. "It's nice to meet you, too! That was pretty cool, what you did with your scythe there." It interested him especially, considering he had similar powers- though he typically hid his, even from his own mentor for the longest time, as his species weren't supposed to have any special abilities of that sort.
———————————
☆ Self-Proclaimed Leader of the Off Topic Gang ☆
Image Image Image

Quintillian

Post by Quintillian » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:07 am

Lian spun around in the stool. As he turned away from the counter, the bar seemed to expand and look much larger than when he entered. He hadn't even drunk alcohol yet and he was already feeling tipsy from the great expanse. He moved his glossy red eyes across the room. First landing on the after images, then to the actual objects. He stopped to look at an alien sitting booth a mile away from him. Their face was partly covered by a newspaper. From what he could make out, it was a crab-like creature of some sort. A bit bigger than the ones his tribe usually caught for meals, but nothing they wouldn't try to slay.

"Thanks, pal." He waved at the alien. Mission accomplished. Now what? He didn't really think beyond that. There was no way he was going back home with how far out in space he was, and space itself was new to him. He scratched his head briefly, looking down at the checkered floor as he listened to the creature turning pages. A sharp cutting noise almost shattered his eardrums. When he looked up, he saw a literal tear in reality, and from the tear emerged a woman carrying a scythe twice her size. Another creature came in, roughly the size of a coconut, and wearing a cloak of some sort.

Lian adjusted his toga and scanned the room, looking at each of the current bar-goers individually. A crustacean-like creature, A girl with a magical, reality-bending scythe, and a ninja pipsqueek.

Yup, this was gonna be a pretty interesting bunch.

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:12 am

Moon beams with joy as she shakes Akhiranaar's 'hand' or stub in this case, then stands straight once more while setting her scythe down next to her, as it balances itself in place. "Nice to meet you too Akhiranaar, As for my Scythe, when the worlds around you are coded in a singular type of particle, that being of energy, it makes it easy to manipulate that energy to various uses... though time travel and space travel at the same time tend to take a lot of energy. However, the scythe had no part of the action but rather my existence had an influence, I'm known as a Elemental and classified as a 'Deity' by humans in my universe, though I'm no god... more like a guardian of life itself." Moon's eyes flickered a little from the sudden loss of energy that had occurred, she composes herself and takes in a long breath before returning to normal.

"Getting here was no small feat I see..." as she slowly grabs her scythe and it shifts into a solid sphere of light before disappearing into her hand. Her eyes then shifted towards Lian, as Moon couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching. "It's not polite to stare..." Moon said to Lian while letting out a quiet giggle as she crosses her arms in a more defensive stance "well? You going to introduce yourself?" She continues to smile while standing there, this experience so far has been new to her, meeting new people and species alike has re-kindled her curiosity.

Quintillian

Post by Quintillian » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:54 am

His face reddened when the woman put him on the spot. "R-Right! Yes! How rude of me!." He shook his head and walked over to her. He took a quick minute to straighten out the wrinkles in his toga, then looked up at the monument of a woman that stood before him. He'd never seen anyone as tall as her before, and he was pretty tall compared to the rest of his tribe on his home planet. She also seemed to be quite athletic as well.

"My full name is Ffizzzgfzinilian. But since that sounds stupid and hard on the ears, I go by Lian, for short." He shook her hand. "I came from a planet called Rom-3. Nothing but barbarians and tribes inhabit there, and everyday there was always a war between tribes, and chieftains were overthrown on a daily basis. I'm not much of a warrior, I wasn't a fan of the senseless violence either, so I tended to stay away from the action mostly." Lian walked back to the stool to sit down. He rested a hand on his knee and frowned. "Things, of course, got worse. The population was shrinking and resources were becoming scarce. I tried to suggest that maybe working together and possibly establishing a community between tribes would end the conflict amongst them. And it worked! But not to my favor……"

He glanced up at the hole he left in the ceiling; It was a big sun window into space. He's gonna be in big trouble if the owner of this bar pops up and sees this. Maybe they'll like it? It's a bit hot in here anyway, and nothing's better than a nice solar wind draft coming in and cooling the place, while also giving bar-goers severe radiation poisoning.

"So I got excommunicated from my planet, floated through space for a while in hunk of metal that was barely an air-tight vessel." He pointed to the ball of steel across the room. " And at last I ended up here." Lian shrugged and tilted and his head to the side, lazily looking at the two of them. "That's my story. What about you and that pipsqueek over there?"