Shadows of War

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
TheSneakyOne

Shadows of War

Post by TheSneakyOne » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:26 am

This RP will be based in a sort of alternate historical Sengoku Jidai era of Japan. We will roleplay in English with only slight usage of well known Japanese nouns and adjectives. You may opt to be any humanoid fantasy/mythical entity. I would prefer to have RPers with decent grammatical skill but a few errors are acceptable. I would ask that at the top of your initial post to this thread contain a small character sheet modeled as follows:

Name:
Race: (Cannot be changed)
Gender: (Any is acceptable but once picked cannot be changed)
Allegiance: (Shogun or Emperor, this can be changed throughout the story depending on what happens, you cant just up and choose to change randomly though.)

You may also join another RPers Clan if you so wish with permission from the other RPer. No godmodding. I will enforce said rule harshly. (It ruins the fun anyways!)

If you have a supernatural character, you must stick somewhat to what that character's strengths and weaknesses are.
(Vampires being weak or killed by sunlight, werewolves losing control sometimes, etc.)
Of course there is a bit of wiggle room to allow for unique characters and situations but please keep to the story.

If you have any questions, please PM or post on the OOC thread I have created.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

TheSneakyOne

Re: Shadows of War

Post by TheSneakyOne » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:43 am

Name: Azikumo Aki
Race: Dragon Mage
Clan: Aki
Allegiance: Shogun

Red. That's all he could see. It pooled and dripped around him like a spring shower. Staining the hard leather of his armored hand, which clenched a katana although lightly. Dark yellow eyes peered from under his kabuto, staring deeply at the man in front of him who looked surprised. A loud thump signaled Azikumo's return to reality. Having been lost in thought for what felt like ages as the man's body slid to the floor, a large gash torn from shoulder to hip. He looked around, bodies surrounding him, each with their own horrendous wounds. Some bore the sigil of Clan Aki, an all black square with a single red dot in the center. Others bore the sigil of Clan Hoto, a white swan on a blue circle.

A small click and his katana was sheathed as he brought his vision up and farther away, where the sounds of battle still rang, faint but fierce but also quieting the longer he stood. He was alone, with nothing but his thoughts. And as he looked down at his hands, a wave of nausea spread over him and soon, his stomach's contents spread over the slick red earth.
He forgot most of what happened in those prior hours before this moment. But he knew that every single body around him had his mark on them. The mark of death.
He shook his head, trying to clear his mind, and after a few moments, began shuffling towards the clang of metal and groans of men and women alike.

This was war, and who truly was ready for it?

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

LiuLiu

Post by LiuLiu » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:15 am

Introduction

Please bear with me as I am unfamiliar with the Warring States Period. My character is based on the ancient Chinese Imperial Guards. In essence, I got tired of the dictatorial method of the emperor and decided to cut and run. During my last mission to guard the treasure fleet of the emperor, the ship got caught in a severe storm and sunk near the shoreline of Japan. There were no survivors aside from me. I was severely wounded with abdominal injury, as my abdomen was gutted. A few days later, I woke up and found that my body has healed completely, not even a scar! That’s when I learned that I am an immortal, a vampire-human strain hybrid, which allows me to be under the sun and consume a normal human diet, but I need blood to maintain my super-human strength and healing. The obvious weakness is that if I get beheaded, that will be the end of me, and I can be weakened if I lose too much blood.

I managed to save and set aside most of the treasures from the shipwreck, so I became a very rich individual.

Name: Lady Liu
Race: Immortal, a vampire-human strain hybrid
Gender: Female (petite Chinese figure, 5 feet 3 inches tall, 108 pounds)
Age: Currently 41 (20 years after the shipwreck), due to the vampire-human strain, the appearance is 21 years old.
Clan: None
Allegiance: Neutral

gachalove xxx

Post by gachalove xxx » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:57 am

Name:mei konamari.
Race: demon wolf
Clan:Onaru
Allegience:Emperor

As she looked around the dry, lifeless ruined village she used to call her home, she felt tears form at the time of her eyes. Not one survivor. She was the last demon wolf alive now. As she walked toward the building that was her home, she saw something she wish she had not. She saw her mother. Dead. Then she could not bear it much longer. She ran as far from the destruction as possible. She had no idea who was responsible, but she was going to avenge her village. Somehow. Someway.

Sent from my SM-J337AZ using Role Playing Forums v4.2.2.