Friendly Sparring

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
Taiska

Friendly Sparring

Post by Taiska » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:55 pm

Tall limestone walls rise out of the sand, relics of a long forgotten amphitheatre. Large stone doors, their ancient, dusty exterior slightly disturbed, sit slightly ajar. This once great colloseum has since fallen from grace and into disrepair; It's once busy keepers have moved on long ago. A single pair of light footprints lead toward the looming doors.

Standing in the middle of the red sand, an individual dressed in black and red waited. On their hip, an intricate katana and two daggers. He stood with his eyes closed, waiting for an opponent to cross his path. Even though this place was abandoned long ago, it is still a place where various warriors gather to test their strength. The sun bore down upon the crimson sand, its heat almost unbearable, however; the man in the middle acted as though it did not bother him. This sand was once a dull brown color, but it has since been stained with the blood of those who came to prove themselves.

His breathing was even, or perhaps it was rythmic as he unsheathed his blade and oppened his eyes, crimson irises piercing the one who had stepped into the colloseum. With a quick twirl, he gripped the sword with both hand and held it vertically in front of him, readying himself for combat.

(This character can fight up to tier 3)

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

There's only a few rules:

1. No Godmodding or autohitting.

2. Fight on your opponent's tier. Example: If you are casting spells, or ripping holes in the fabric of time just be sure that your opponents knows and approves. Tier 1 is no magic. Tier 2 is moderate magic or abilities. Tier 3 is strong magical abilities. Tier 4 is extremely strong magical abilities.

3. Just be respectful

4. This is a fight until the character is incapacitated or forfeits.

5. There can be multiple fighters in the ring at once, just be sure that the ones dueling approve. If there are multiple duels going on at the same time, be sure to stay out of the way of the other combatants.

6. Try to be as descriptive as possible. This lets the opponent fully understand what you are trying to do and react appropriately. This is for fun, but also for people who want to improve!

7. Give people time to respond. I say at most give your opponent a week to respond to your post. If they don't respond within a week, then whatever you are trying to do in your post automatically succeeds.
Last edited by Taiska on Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Prosperity tries the fortunate, adversity the great

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: Friendly Sparring

Post by Annasiel » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:38 pm

(You waiting on anyone in particular?)
I look in the water and fear what I see
I know it's no stranger but I know it's not me
My life is a lie that was uttered in jest
If I can't change at all, let me rest

Taiska

Post by Taiska » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:51 pm

(Nope, feel free to jump in)

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:10 pm

One moment, the arena was empty, save for the waiting warrior. The next, a woman stood within it with him. There was no sound heralding her arrival. No sound at all, after, like a blanket of invisible down had descended on the pair. She merely watched the man, lips drawn taunt, as she unslung a long, thin parcel from her back, laid in on the ground, and began to unwrap the canvas.

From it, she drew a sword. Five feet in length from pommel to point -- the woman was taller than average, but still the edge towered above her as she lifted it towards the air, blade as lithe as the one who wielded it. Still silent, she reached behind her head with her free hand, binding her long, blonde hair into a ponytail.

"I intend to kill you," she finally said. Simple words spoken with the calmness of one talking about the weather. Both hands now free, she steadied the montante, one hand on the back of the handle, the other right above the crossguards. It slanted off to the side like a spear in her grip.

"First blood is passe." The links in her mail dress rattled as she shifted her stance ever so slightly. "And giving up... well, giving up is boring, is it not?"

Returning to silence, she waited for a response.
I look in the water and fear what I see
I know it's no stranger but I know it's not me
My life is a lie that was uttered in jest
If I can't change at all, let me rest

Taiska

Post by Taiska » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:26 am

The man watched as, seemily out of thin air, a woman approached. Her chain dress dully clinking as she began unwrapping her canvas. This weapon was enormous, and he knew just by the sheer size of it that he would have a hard time getting in close. His lips pulled into a smile as he switched his stance, holding the sword horizontally to be even with his eyes, the blade facing the sky. His knees bent and his left foot slid forward, solidly grounding himself.

"Prove that you can," he retorted. He also spoke with a calculated calmness, as he has with every other opponent before. The grip on his sword tightened as he stood there, his eyes scanning the warrior. He was looking for weaknesses, gaps in her armor, or things that he could abuse. As she moved her position slightly, he readied for combat.

"Every warrior who has challenged me to a duel has fallen. What makes you think that you'll be different?" He spoke with the confidence of one who has had a lifetime of training. "Now come."

His legs tensed as he waited for the woman to come closer.