Wonderland

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
Mae

Wonderland

Post by Mae » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:49 pm

Based on Lewis Carrol's "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass"
Setting: Wonderland, 20th century.
Lore: Everyone knows the story of the infamous girl, Alice, who stumbled upon a little rabbit hole and fell in, only to discover rabbits with gloves, duchesses with pepper, and flowers with the ability to speak. But the little known fact is that the world is full of rabbit holes; congratulations on finding one, and welcome to Wonderland.
Foods:
- "Eat me" cakes
- "Drink me" bottles
- Oysters
- turtle soup
- tea
- pepper
- raw bird eggs
- mushrooms
- treacle
- pumpkins
Characters/Creatures: Note: You cannot claim these characters as your own. These are NPC. You may mention them, but not rp them.
- talking flowers/animals
- the Mad Hatter/Dormouse/March Hare
- King/Queen of Hearts
- White Rabbit
- Caterpillar with a Hookah
- Chess pieces: Red/White King/Queen/Knight/Pawn
- Bandersnatch
- Humpty Dumpty
- the Jabberwocky
- Tweedledee/Tweedledum
- Walrus/Carpenter
- Mock Turtle
- Cheshire Cat
- Flamingos/Hedgehogs
Places: Useful to indicate places in their colored text.
- Garden
- Pawn Shop
- Forgetful Forest
- Tea Party
- Court
- Corridor of Doors
Note: If there are other foods/characters/creatures/places you feel are missing or you would like to add, lemme know.
Rules:
1. No overused/explicit cussing.
2. Be nice. Standard RP rules apply.
3. Generally not for battling, more for meeting/greeting/adventuring.
4. If you want to go on an adventure either create another thread using [WL]. Same rules apply, and include a GM.
5. Have fun, be silly, and remember: The illogical is logical in Wonderland!
I was considering making this an actual Casual RP but it's Wonderland, so chaos and disorder reign supreme here.

hidden in the shadows

Mae

Re: RE: WONDERLAND

Post by Mae » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:20 pm

The Corridor of Doors:
Beatrice landed with a thump, looking up at the seemingly endless tunnel from which she had fallen. She looked around her, arms wrapped around a jar of seedless strawberry jam and noted the long hallway of doors-- again, seemingly endless. This was definitely not New York City. Bea stood and brushed off her uniform, composed of a white collared shirt and plaid green and red skirt. She'd been in the bushes spying on Martha, who, at the time, was flirting with Thomas-- who was supposed to be Beatrice's one true love. But Beatrice had crouched behind the bushes before unbalancing and landing in the bushes. There must have been a hole or something. No matter. She was here now; the only question was: where was here?
She set the now empty jar on the ground before hesitantly taking a step towards the row of doors. The doors were all different shapes and sizes, but she stepped up to one of the doors, a pretty green one, and knocked. Nothing happened. Beatrice shrugged and knocked again, this time pressing her ear up to the door, hoping to hear some sort of indication of life.
"Hello?" she said, her voice a tad above inside-voice. She bit her lip and rocked on her heels, waiting for a reply. She huffed and looked around again, nervously. "I cannot seriously be the only living thing here. That would be insane."
Bea's eyes locked on a little vase, which stood lonely next to the door. Her eyes narrowed. That hadn't been there before, had it? She shrugged and walked towards it, stooping down to pick it up and then shaking it upside down. A little ribboned box fell out and Beatrice smiled.
"Oh look! A little cake!" she cooed, opening it. The frosting spelled out "At M". She frowned. "I have no clue what that means but..." She shrugged. "Life is short, so--" Bea popped the little cake in her mouth and swallowed, licking her lips. "Yum."
Beatrice's eyebrows furrowed as she studied the vase, which seemed to be getting increasingly larger. "What in the world?" She looked past the vase and yelped. The door, which had been normal height before, was now enormous. Too big for her to even reach the knob. She groaned. "I don't feel so good."
Beatrice looked beside her and shrieked in surprise when she saw a cockroach. It was now the size of a horse to her, and it tipped its bowler hat at her and scuttled away, not seeming to notice the package it dropped. Beatrice blinked and picked it up, watching helplessly as the cockroach scampered off beyond hearing range, too fast for Bea to try to catch up.
"How odd," she said of the cockroach, the hat, and the package. She opened it to reveal a bottle of perfume. "I wonder..."
She smiled hopefully and spritzed the air in front of her, before walking through it. She inhaled, expecting the scent of pleasant flowers or food, beginning to gag when her nostrils met the scent of rotting forest floor.
"Thank God it wasn't for nothing," she murmured as she grew back to her normal height. The perfume bottle had grown with her, and she stuffed it into one of her skirt pockets, looking around. Beatrice crossed her arms.
"Well now, maybe it was. It appears I'm back to where I started," she murmured. She frowned. "Or is it where I ended? Where the tunnel ended? Where the doors began? Where the tunnel began and the hole ended?" She sighed in hopeless confusion. "Can somebody please help me out, before another cockroach crawls across the floor?" She shuddered.

hidden in the shadows

Sky Dragon

Re: Wonderland

Post by Sky Dragon » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:28 am

(Hello :) My name is Sky)
(Here's my character)
(Krisolaus)
Attachments
c707362_aa86ded89e57a5315dd6f6cfb21127ef.jpg
c707362_aa86ded89e57a5315dd6f6cfb21127ef.jpg (28.02 KiB) Viewed 363 times

Sky Dragon

Re: Wonderland

Post by Sky Dragon » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:32 am

(I thought a man with bright green hair would fit into this well :) )
Bea began to hear footsteps come from the long, never-ending hall. Soon, a handsome man with long, bright green hair came out of the hall.
"Pitter, patter, drip, drop. What is that I hear? A young maiden's tear? Pitter, patter, drip, drop. Yes, I hear, a maiden's tear." The man stops in front of Bea. He looks at her and smiles.