We've Gotta Save the World AGAIN?!

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:20 am

In good ol' New York City, trouble arises yet again!

On the streets of New York City, a lone officer sits in his police car munching away at a case of doughnuts while his sticky thumb scrolled through his phone. His radio blabbered on and on in the background, something that wasn't at all new to the veteran man on duty. His hat hung low over his brow as some of the crumbs rolled off of his cheeks and onto his stomach. The young blonde sitting next to him didn't look too happy as she glanced over at him. He eventually noticed and paused his feast to speak to his much-younger partner.

"What's the matter, Mendelson?" he said through a mouth full of the baked delight. "Bored?"

The young cop responded with a nod. "I'd appreciate it if you stopped pigging out and actually listened to the radio for once," she replied. "One of these days, Paul, there's gonna be something big. You'll miss it and get fired, I swear you will."

"I've been doing this for a loooooong time, sweetheart. Haven't been caught yet." Suddenly, the radio stopped crackled with voices all together. Both officers noticed, but neither took action. Mendelson stuck her head outside of the window of the cruiser and looked around for any signs of a storm or something that may interrupt, but the night skies were clear. Paul had simply gone back to eating, shaking his head and mumbling to himself. "Nothing ever happens in my sector. Nothing!"

Just as the words left his mouth, two officer's bodies thudded against the hood of the car, denting the white exterior. Both the officers inside jumped, the doughnut flying out of Paul's hand in surprise. Mendelson immediately hopped out to check on the two, but it ended up being a mistake on her part. Paul let out a sickening groan as the younger cop was plucked into the sky by some winged thing, disappearing from view. Then, oddly enough, all was silent. Paul sat petrified in his car, staring outside as his hands gripped the steering wheel. A shaking hand reached for the radio and snatched it up, holding down the button with his thumb to call for backup when the cruiser jolted fiercely and the sound of metal scraping metal filled his ears. The cop yelled in surprise as the radio nearly slipped from his grasp, barely catching it in time just long enough to radio in to the dispatcher.

"This is Officer Paul Weston, I need help! Some big thing is here! Call the goddamn Renegades, we're in trouble!"

====================================================================================

I felt the need to do another superhero roleplay. Nothing too serious, I don't think. Just a place to test out your characters or use your characters in between roleplays. If you do create a character specifically for this, all I ask is that it's someone that doesn't already exist. So you can make someone that's basically Superman, just don't let it be him. Make "Powerman," whose real name is Joe Schmoe.

I'll do a bunch of different little activities. This idea is for what's supposed to be like a superpowered Bonnie and Clyde thing, I'll be making my post tomorrow for a Spiderman-like character.
Last edited by Gecko on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Sans_the_Medic

Re: We've Gotta Save the World AGAIN!

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:46 pm

(You, uh, do realise we have Superhero Sandbox, right? You can always put this there.)
<Insert humorous signature here>

Give a hug? God knows my self-hating ass needs a few

Gecko
Silver

Re: We've Gotta Save the World AGAIN!

Post by Gecko » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:38 pm

(I know. I just want this to be something faster than that, where you don't have to make a CS for every character.)

Gecko
Silver

Re: We've Gotta Save the World AGAIN?!

Post by Gecko » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:02 pm

Oliver Kennedy, a.k.a. "Iktomi"

Crouched on a rooftop only several blocks away was young Oliver Kennedy donned in his homemade super suit. Surprisingly enough, there wasn't too much going on for him and the other Renegades to deal with. Sure, there were definitely robberies and other types of crimes going on around the city, but they were things the police could deal with. Though bored, Oliver still was very attentive to his surroundings as his earpiece picked up the occasional police radio crackling away in his ear.

He was always waiting for an opportunity to show himself as someone who could help with the big dogs. The Renegades were merely a group of kids that happened to have superpowers based in New York, but there wasn't a whole lot for them here besides the usual villains that popped up. Oliver gave a soft exhale as he looked down at the smart watch given to all of the members of the Renegades by the branch of the government that dealt with super, the Department of Meta-Humans (but he liked to call them the Suits). The watch glowed navy blue with lighter blue blips that spelled out a map of the city. Nothing.

Suddenly, his earpiece began to squeal with the sound of a panicked officer's voice. Oliver tapped the device and soon the location popped up on his watch, though he wouldn't really be needing it. Not too far away, a police cruiser was hoisted into the air by some laughing maniac. The super-spider turned as he rose to his feet. He aimed his hand at the corner of a nearby
rooftop and launched webbing at it, lifting himself off of the ground and swinging into the night. Within moments of soaring through the air, however, something collided with him mid-flight and flew the boy back into a flat not too far from them. Both of them went straight through the wall and into some luckily-abandoned living room. Oliver shook his head while getting to his feet and looking around. Thank God nobody was here.

"What's the big idea, lady?" Oliver said to the woman that was now standing in front of him, completely unmoving. "Somebody could have gotten seriously hur-!" He was cut off as the woman gave a loud shriek and extended bird-like wings, launching herself at him once more. She grabbed his arms and pinned him to the wall.

"Hey guys?" Oliver said into the earpiece to the other Renegades as he kicked upwards and into the bird lady's stomach. "It's Iktomi, can you help out a little please? This chick is actually really strong!" The woman stumbled backwards, however she barely lost her footing. Instead, she curved her wings and began firing razor-sharp feathers at Oliver, who had found out the hard way how sharp they were. One sliced into his arm, indicating that he should probably not let himself get hit. He fired his webs to a small alcove that was close to him and pulled himself in, sticking to the higher part of the wall. So this lady's crazy and dangerous. Fun.

Just as the thought ran through his mind, there was a tap at the window. A man with a grin that gave Oliver a bad feeling in the pit of his hovering was floating outside of a window several stories up. Awesome. The new guy torpedoed himself through the window, sending shards of glass everywhere, and rammed his shoulder into Oliver's chest. The boy let out a yelp as his chest felt like it was smashed with the same force as an elephant falling on top of him. The air left his lungs and he pulled out his hand, webbing the guy's face almost entirely to give himself some time to recover. Sure enough, the guy stepped back with a roar and clawed at the webs.
Last edited by Gecko on Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:48 pm

Maylie Azalea

A portal was formed in the living room as if it was painted into reality by a large paint brush, when it is completed a small figure flops on over from the other side of the portal and looks at the pair of officers in the living room. Picking herself up she remains quiet for a moment, absorbing what is going on both in the room and what is going on outside. Holding a massive paintbrush in her hands she takes a swing and starts painting something else to 'help' the situation, in a few moments a 40mm bofors replica was painted with ammo, and it shifts into reality... looking real enough to work.

She pointed at the officers and then at the AA gun as she hops towards it, planting herself on the gun sights then looking outside to get a better grasp of the situation. She hoped that the officers understood what to do, while she paints herself a pair of wings and flies off to a nearby building. Determined to help, but is helpless in a combat situation unless Maylie can provide to support.

Last edited by GUVII on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

odog811

Post by odog811 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:00 pm

Jëager was polishing his wire rifle on a rooftop, he was mostly keeping his stealth cloak on to prevent himself from being discovered, he then heard the shattering glass and fired six arc bolts into the creatures' chests after jumping onto a fire escape in front of the window, "you okay kid?" he growled.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:21 am

(I just realized that my post is randomly out of order, so I'm gonna fix that real quick lol. Nothing should change content-wise, however.)

(EDIT: Fixed the first post.)

Just after Oliver had dashed away from the man, the sound of six gunshots rang out. Initially, his fear was that one of the two bozos had guns and were now firing at him, but he felt no pain that could be related to a gunshot wound. The boy turned and saw the man with torn webbing on his face drop to the ground in a heap and a pool of blood already pouring onto the ground. Shock flooded his mind. The guy was just killed before his eyes...he didn't have to die. He looked up at the man that asked if he was okay and hopped up to his feet.

"No, I'm not okay!" Oliver shouted. "You just killed that guy instead of bringing him to justice! Don't go around killing people!" He fired two blobs of webbing, one at the man's hands and the other at the barrel of the gun, and went back towards the conflict at hand. The other woman was still an issue to deal with. But it appeared as though she wasn't very happy with the situation, seeing how an ear-piercing shriek erupted from behind him accompanied by a pained cry.

"Joey," the bird-woman wailed as her wings drooped. "Joey, what did those assholes do t'ya?! We was supposed to be together forever!" With red eyes filled with fury and sadness, she turned to the other two and let out another shriek. Already sensing what she was about to do, Oliver sprinted full-speed at her and tackled her, both going out of the hole in the wall and off of the building entirely. One hand left the woman's torso and pointed back at the ledge of the building, allowing something for him to grasp on to instead of falling to his death. But the attacker slipped out of his grasp and quite ungracefully flew back upwards towards the hole to see her deceased beloved.

Oliver slammed into the side of the building, now hanging on to the webbing as he looked back up at the perpetrator. He also saw Maylie flying around and waved his arm frantically. "Maylie! Get that woman before someone else gets killed!"

The woman stopped in front of the whole while completely ignoring the situation behind her and screamed into the hole at Jaeger, knowing that he was the one that killed her lover. "I'm gonna kill you for that! Nice and slow! That was my man, and you ain't gettin' away with jack shit!"

odog811

Post by odog811 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Jëager let out a screech of fallen chatter and used his mandibles to tear his upper two arms free before climbing back onto the roof and reloading his wire rifle, "If he died from non-lethal rounds that's his fault, and that's just how my kind deal with problems, so there's no justice among thieves" he yelled, he then jumped onto the next roof and activated his cloak again

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:58 pm

(Is Jaeger supposed to be a Fallen from Destiny? Because that's not what this roleplay is. And Oliver is also nowhere near him., so he wouldn't be able to hear him speak.)

odog811

Post by odog811 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 pm

(user has removed this post)
Last edited by odog811 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.