The Opal Shrine

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
GUVII

Re: The Opal Shrine

Post by GUVII » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:14 am

(was waiting for others and OP too post, but I guess ill give it a kick :P)

Tess was caught by surprise again by Alex, but this time she was kind of use to it. "Nice to meet you Alex, but please don't sneak up on me, I'm kind of jumpy due to my recent incident..." She said, "oh my name is Tess though you probably overheard me say that, but I would rather introduce myself properly, rather than being rude and assuming."

She paused for a moment to glance towards Hanzo, and the creature which spoke. "It speaks of parallel universes. Same time, but different place, that is if time exist in a space such as this... It's also part of the quantum theory that space is composed of an infinite number of multiverses. But if that is the case, whatever brought us here has great power, and able to cross the bounds of other worlds with ease... Quite disturbing to think of such power, but I guess it brings comfort knowing that I can go home if requested..." She explained, while looking around the Shrine.

"Are you a Shrine Maiden Kali?" Tess asked, "I mean, you are the only living entity I've met so far who lives within the confines of the shrine, so my guess is that you are a guardian who tends to the upkeep, and protection of the shrine..."

shadowvoidboss
Silver

Post by shadowvoidboss » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:44 pm

A man bursts threw the doors with many cuts and holes from a flintlock. The man looked to be a boot 17 or 18 blond scruffy shortish hair with freckles with a cutless on his side and with his outfit and a tattoo of a skull with two flintlocks making a X behind it on a flag with the words the sea is for the free on it on his exposed back he is a pirate.
When life gives you lemons make orange juice... cause fuck the world. XD

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:05 pm

"Q-quantum?" The boy repeated slowly, the phrasing unfamiliar to him. "I don't understand much of what you said, Tess-tan. But if I can return, them it must be fine." He finished with a smile, only to have it curve downwards

His eyes moved to the figure that had just slumped down. Hanzo darted towards the man, snaking in between the people that stood in his way. Once kneeled down, he cast his gaze over the man's wounds.

The scent of sweat and gunpowder was heavy in the air, blood was likewise prominent. Salt clung to his clothes and skin, suggesting that he might be a sailor of sorts. Despite that, it appeared that he would most likely perish, should he not receive treatment soon. Though he bled profousely, most of his wounds were shallow, save for a single puncture wound. Light burns circled the wound. A firearm most likely.

"Nisshoku, assist me." Hanzo said flatly, his tail reaching to grab the blade sheated at his back. A single piece of deformed lead was still in his body. It was a toxic metal, as far as his books have told him, and before any healing, be it traditional or magicall, it had to be removed.

"I refuse." The mask responded, causing the young ninja to stop for a moment. His blade rested above the wound, it's too ready to bite flesh. "If he can not survive on his own, he is not worth the effort. It is only natural that the weak die. You should do well to learn that, if you plan on fulfilling your role as The Hanzo."

Hanzo's face turned to that of forced effort. His blade dug into the wound. He reccomend that the man would not mind, seeing as his conciousness has long abandoned him. "I am not letting anyone die. And, I didn't even need your help." Hanzo added with a childish pout. Finally, he felt his blade nudge at something hard. Pulling downwards at the handle, the lead bullet slowly came up, untill it popped from the skin that it lay burrowed in. At the same time, his free hand moved to create a hand seal.

By searing fire scorched
And by frigid ice bitten
Torn by the raging winds
And buried beneath the crushing earth
You bloom again!

"Ninja-Art Number Five: White Lotus!" He chanted, his palm radiating with a soft glow. His skill in regular ninpo was nothing he could be proud of. What more, it was far below average. Still, the smaller of the sailor's wounds healed, while those larger began closing.

As they did, the fox boy retrieved a small flower from his pouch. Clenching his fist, he would crush it, only to bring it closer to the man's nose. He felt air brush on his skin. That meant that he was still breathing. The flower, called Banshee's Breath for it's distinct smell, was often used in Akiban medicine to wake up someone who lay uncontious.
It's just the cat

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:30 am

(seems like OP isn't posting? :P )

Alex takes a breath in through his nose. "Salt. Powder." he stated. "The smells of the sea. There nearest sea to my village is leagues away." His head rose, and he stood from his kneeling position. "I know I am not where I once was. That much is known to me. But how far have I travelled? How far have you?" His last statement was directed not at anyone in particular, but more to the whole room. As he said his final statement, he swept his arm across the room, gesturing to all within it.
:twisted: I have surpassed the devil

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:37 am

*Well, I was kinda going to heal him, but someone beat me to it, and I really just didn't know what to post since I was kind of sidelined*
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

shadowvoidboss
Silver

Post by shadowvoidboss » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:09 am

Jack woke up and looked around groaning still not really shire where he is or how he got there.

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:50 pm

Hanzo took another look at the hall, taking note of the rather strange group that slowly began forming.

Firstly, the one known as Tess. She knew a lot of strange words, and appeared smart. Though, Hanzo couldn't help but hold up his guard around her. He knew not of the reason, but his instincts have never failed him before. Likewise, her "hair" ended up in strange tips, needles made out of metal. They almost appeared to have a life of their own. In that manner, she was not unlike a scorpion.

Another traveler, one that introduced himself as Alex of the North Clan, likewise was present, eyeing the injured sailor. Flecks of sand were at his feet, on his clothes and on his footwear. Akiba's beaches were rocky, mostly, and he had never seen a desert, though he always wished that he did. For a moment, the thought of asking the man crossed his mind, but he decided not to, it would be improper. His attire would suggest that he is a traveler, or an explorer. Maybe he might ask him about his travels after all. Later, of course.

Then there was the man in front of him. He had already determined that the man was a sailor of some sort. Hanzo had never seen a sailor, and wished to ask him a few questions. From his cell, he could hear the sea, but never see it. Though, he appeared to be fighting before he moved to the shrine. Another peculiar thing that he noted, was a tattoo of a skull on the man's skin. It did not appear to be magical in nature, and was certainly done crudely. Though, it's gritty lines fit it far more better than those precise would.

Hanzo himself had a tattoo. A "honor mark". It took from of an Akiban Viper, baring it's fangs. It would start off at his left hip, and coild around his torso, only to end at the base of his neck. It gave him superb agility, and the ability to dislocate and extend his limbs. Likewise, once a week, he could shed his skin to heal injuries that were not too grave. It's downsides, on the other hand...

Lastly the dark haired lady that sat at the shrine window. Her slaten eyes were world-weary, tired almost, holding an age to them that seemed impossible for her youthful visage. She seemed to have a lot on her mind, and reminded him much of the clan elder. Though, he imagined that she was not as cruel. Tess seemed just as lost as they were, meaning that Kali was the only one native to the surroundings. On the other hand, her clothes were strange, black, as if she was in mourning. Likewise, a heavy golden ornament graced her neck. Her attire was, now that he though about it, though foreign, rather ceremonial. His eyebrows frowned as he realized that he was addressing a priest, and in that way, disrespected her with the way he spoke.

"My name is Hanzo, of the Iga-clan." He introduced himself again, now standing straight. "I haven't traveled much outside Akiba, but I plan on becoming an explorer and healer!" He answered with a confident smile, his tail swishing quickly from one side to the other.

"Also, Kali-shinseisama." He said, his tone now more composed as he did his best to sound formal. "Where are we exactly?"
It's just the cat

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:12 pm

Kali watched the group converse, listening to them. It had been a long time since a group that large came to the shrine. And she couldn't help but miss them greatly as she watched them. She had been about to get up to tend to the wounded one, but another had done so.

Her attention went to Hanzo, who has addressed her, and she smiled gently. "The building itself, is a shrine I constructed in the memory of my people and deities... They were all killed when I was young... The area that the shrine resides, though, appears to others when they need it. It may be apparent as to why, or maybe they just need a nice place to sleep and a warm meal, or this world knows that others need it, when they themselves do not know it. You will usually be able to find your way home when it is time to return home."
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

shadowvoidboss
Silver

Post by shadowvoidboss » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:06 pm

Jack stood up but was leaning up against the wall. "Who who are you people?" He said on the verge of collapsing again.

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:00 am

Alex glanced around. "Travellers, it seems," he stated plainly. "Those exiled, by wanderlust, war, or simple whims. I see we all carry our swords and burdens alike. I myself am Alex, of the North Clan. I am here to seek refuge from the storm, and that I shall do." Turning to Kali, he bowed. "I am grateful for this sanctum, and thank you for tending it. I offer my condolences to your people. If I may help you in any way during my visit, inform me and I shall assist you."
:twisted: I have surpassed the devil