The City of Rain

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

JEBtheGamer1

Re: The City of Rain

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:24 pm

(don't think so. I'm just waiting for Hanzo and the others to return, since I got really confused with what was going on)
There is no potato.
There is only negative potato.

nimona

Post by nimona » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:29 am

(maybe)
nimona - the genric incident

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:32 am

Hanzo was, indeed, cold. Having received his honor mark, one representing the viper, he experienced several changes in his body. Apart from increasing his already impressive agility, it allowed him to stretch, bend, and dislocate his limbs in inhuman ways. However, as every mark, it came with more than a fair share of downsides. One of them being that he had trouble staying warm, no unlike a snake. Though at first, it would seem like nothing, it makes quite a weakness considering that sunlight does Hanzo's power great harm. Still, a few minutes in the rain were far from his limit, even though he would shudder from time to time.

"I agree, the establishment is a much more pleasant place to reside in, if you have the coin, of course, de arimasu." Hanzo commented idly. Monster, half-dragon dragonslayer or bounty hunter, nothing was free. Given that, Hanzo never failed to remind those around him of the face. Money gave freedom, and if own freedom, he valued money.

"As you might assume, it was really eas-" The mask boomed, attempting to answer the question asked, however, not being able to finish before Hanzo cut in.

"Don't flatter yourself, you-"

"Don't interrupt me boy, i'll have you-"

"You mean like thi-"

"No, i mean like-"

"You are acting like a chi-"

"No, you are acting like a-"

"Enough!" Hanzo shouted out, ending their bickering. His hard gaze landing onto the long shadowy tendril exiting from the man's mouth. The shadows danced around him, whispering silvers of both truth and lies in equal amounts. They spoke the tale of a man, of his travels, of his capture, and of his demise. From the assassin's point of view, the being inhabiting the body was a parasite. Maybe, he should try to end his suffering? However, that thought was quickly dismissed, that was not his fight, and besides who would pay then?

"I am Hanzo, if you want non-human food and work, come with me, de arimasu." He said before turning around and heading towards the still open portal, one that would close when everyone is back in the in. He would have to keep an eye on the creature, should it come with them. His eyes narrowed with the thought, his power, despite his words, was unknown.

===========================

"Well..." Alaric began, scratching his cheek with the hand that was not over his stomach. "Dragons and humans don't quite mix, and in the rare cases they do, certain anomalies are bound to happen. As far as i go..." He admitted. "I am immune to most magic, including that which can benefit me, and my blood doesn't quite cloth well." He said, pointing towards his wounds.

A smile climbed in the corner of his lips. as he continue talking. "Also, i am rarely untalented in magic." The knight said with a laugh. "But all will be well, a shipment of dragon blood should arrive in a few days..." He paused. "Or was it weeks..?"

"Probably..."

"But that aside, maybe i can help with whatever you are looking?"
I don't care if heaven won't take me back~

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:40 pm

Arden follows suit with the innkeeper, though he continues watching the creature as he walks, his hand never leaving the sword.

"Are you sure it is wise to bring it along?" he whispers to Hanzo. "It did just ask if it could devour me as though it were normal. Who knows what it'll try?"
I am an artist, the world my canvas.

Kali

Post by Kali » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:57 am

"Well... my people's blood have been known to have healing properties..." She smiled lightly, then shook her head a little. "What I am looking for, is a means to sever a link between two souls... It's not something that's common, so it's been difficult to find.."
A sound Soul dwells within a sound Mind and a sound Body.

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:34 pm

"You don't carry that sword just for show, do you, de arsakaru?" Hanzo snorted, not turning to look at the man as he spoke. Rain coming to harm was not in his interest, at least not now. With that in account, a potentially dangerous creature like the one he just saw had to be monitored, closely. That aside, mercenaries were few these days, and work was piling up. Though nobody would try to remove him from his post, something Hanzo was certain of, the ninja disliked the thought of someone talking behind his back.

"Oh, i couldn't" Alaric exclaimed, raising both his hands, only to realize that he needed one at his side. "The dose required is a bit high. N-Not that i'm saying that you couldn't handle it m'lady..." He quickly defended. "But the potion is known not to work if the blood is not pure enough, and i couldn't bring myself to take any knowing it would not work." He finished, only to add. "No, even if it could work, i could never-"

"I advise you take help when offered Alaric, less you die over a petty thing like honor, de arimasu." Said Hanzo as he approached from behind, discarding his raincoat, one that sank in the ground the moment it touched his shadow. "Kali-tan." The ninja impassively added, acknowledging her with a slight bow, before turning back to the dragon slayer.

"Honor is not petty!" The blonde protested, attempting to raise from his chair, only to be seated back into it with a firm push down his shoulders.

"Anything that can be bought with coin is petty, de arimasu." The assassin retorted, before adding, his voice now loud enough for everyone to hear. "Now that all is settled, we can have some work done, still haven't met the monthly quota, and i would like to spend less on bribes this month, ehaku"

Kali

Post by Kali » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:41 pm

Kali blinked in surprise when he was talking about blood being pure enough. She suddenly started laughing, unable to contain herself until Hanzo appeared, which allowed her to calm down. "Good to see you.." she then looked back to Alaric, wiping a tear from her eye. "Pure enough... My species had been created as such... And I was even born under the god of Purity, Kanea. I can't get sick, poisoned, or even drunk because my body clears it too quickly. It's even silver.." she laughed lightly. "I don't think you can get blood more pure than a Serenian born under Kanea."
A sound Soul dwells within a sound Mind and a sound Body.

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:52 pm

"Are you questioning my swordsmanship, Hanzo?" Arden asks with slight irritation in his voice. Though, he can't really defend himself against his words. Though his capacity for combat is quite superb, he never has had to fight here in Rain. It isn't very surprising that Hanzo would have reason to question him.

Passing back through the portal, he is greeted by the sight of some new guests, one of whom appears to be an injured warrior.

And, if I'm not mistaken... Is that a Serenian? he thinks incredulously. Though they are rare as-is, they are creatures of pure myth in the north. All but unheard of. I wonder what business she has here...?
I am an artist, the world my canvas.

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:35 am

Stading by the board, J hears the commotion but does not react. Those with keen eyes see him reach a hand out and take a small note down from the board. Quietly, he slips towards the door.
There is no potato.
There is only negative potato.

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:50 pm

[Just a question before our first quest. What one do you guys want to do? I can add more if you have suggestions. Also did J leave?]