Anybody out there?

The pen is mightier than the sword! Take a pen to a sword fight and see. RPF staff holds no responsibility for injury.
Gecko
Silver

Re: Anybody out there?

Post by Gecko » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:31 am

Holy shit, it's been a while. Again, stay safe you two.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Miles Green

Post by Miles Green » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:51 am

I mean uh, like I sort of uhmmm, said. We're good. I'm pretty sure. I mean uh, like I uh said, we've been uh good for like the past like two weeks since Julia messaged you guys. I've been uh keeping my eyes out, and aside from the uh occasional crunch that comes from....well I mean, nowhere? Aside from that, uh, we've been good. I mean Julia said that sometimes there's uh, well, raccoons that steal the cat food from outside. Did I mention that Julia has a cat? Yeah, his name is Simon. He's uh, really cool actually. I never owned a cat, always wanted one though so uh, that's a like...silver lining or whatever.

-Miles Green

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:52 am

Is there something wrong?

Miles Green

Post by Miles Green » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:14 pm

No, nothing is wrong. Not really. I mean Simon went missing a couple days ago but we're sure he's just off playing somewhere. In the woods. Alone. Right well, the catfood is still disappearing from the porch...I hope simon comes back soon. These raccoons are getting a little more aggressive, leaving scratch marks on the trees and everything...Um, I think that maybe it isn't raccoons. I'll let Julia know when she gets back from her search for simon. She left a night or two ago, so she should uh....be back soon? Anyways, just wanted to uh, keep you updated Gecko? God I'm never going to get used to these usernames.

-Miles Green

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:36 pm

As long as you're staying safe. And my username is the result of me making my account at twelve and being too lazy to change. :lol:

Miles Green

Post by Miles Green » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:39 am

I don't know if anybody is still here. According to the dates on my last post, it's been about 4 months in real time. I just....I have a lot to talk about. I'm sorry for not updating everybody sooner. Let me....Let me just continue where I left off.

Julia had been gone for another 3 days after I sent out my message. I think it was three days, its hard to tell looking back on it. The Racoons got so much more aggressive, I was sure that Julia had been feeding me bullshit. One of those posts that I saw was about me telling somebody to stay out of the woods. I never sent that, but maybe I did. Maybe I sent it for me to read here. I don't know how its possible, but a lot of pretty impossible shit has been happening to me the past year. I mean, the past couple months. I mean. Shit, I don't even know anymore. I just feel like I'm like uh....rambling? Rambling is the right word. Julia is, well, nevermind I'll get there eventually.

It was those orange eyed fuckers, those creepy crawly white skinned fucks. It was a whole horde of them, they had been living in the woods waiting for their time to rip their way to me, to kill me. I don't know how they knew, but there was 5 of them. And they were fast. Faster than me. I thought they must have eaten Simon and Julia by now, simon had been gone for almost two weeks and julia had been gone 5 days or so. No way they survived outside the house. I barricaded the house on the 5th day, because the hours prior there was banging on the walls and and and and and I swear to fucking god when I went to check in the 'morning' there was a fucking smiley face drawn in the mud.

Those things aren't human, and I wasn't going to be caught near them. They were smart enough to taunt me. That night was the longest night for me. Dead silence the entire night, not a bang or a crunch. It was a worse feeling than if the house had been broken into. I didn't sleep. But on the 6th day, Julia came back with Simon. I didn't know how she survived and I didn't care. I asked her about her time away and she wouldn't tell me the truth, she just kept saying she stayed in her tent that she brought with her.

But when she left the house she never took a tent. And she knows that. But she even had the bag she kept the tent in. We spent the day gathering supplies, and I told her I wanted to leave. She agreed, she said the woods weren't safe. Damn darkness all the time, not even a star in the sky. I was convinced we were in hell. She thought if anything, we were in purgatory. What the hell does she know? Running from something thats always faster than you, and is trying to eat you sounds like hell to me.

We left when we were sure there wasn't anything around, and we assumed that the little pale fucks must be blind and thats why their senses were so good. We were almost out of the woods, we saw a gas station up ahead, and we held each others hands. And then. And then. And and and and and and and. Then one of them leaned from around a tree. We stopped dead in our tracks. The blood drained from my face, and I nearly dropped my flashlight. A rustling behind us, there was another one. A leaf floated down in front of my eyes and I slowly peered up, the other three of them were sat in the tree branches. It was like an ambush. Like they knew where we had been heading the entire time.

And then I was alone. Standing tall in front of the house we had just left. Julia was gone, they were gone, and everything had the same watercolor feel to it. Like a camera going out of focus. I entered the house because I believed there wasn't any other way forward. It was dark constantly, but not even my flashlight could breach the darkness on the treeline surrounding the house. So I went inside, and I looked around. And I found a note that Julia had left me. It said the following:

"Miles, I don't know if you're ever going to come back to this house, if you're even alive anymore. But I waited for you. I waited a year. Those-" And this next word was clawed out deliberately. I can only assume Julia had learned what those monsters were named. "- were knocking every few hours. But there was no you, and no simon. I can't stay here anymore. I'm going to leave for the nearby town. Please, if you ever read this, just kill yourself. For putting me through so much pain. I never should have saved you."

It wasn't an easy read, especially because it just....it doesn't, you know, make any sense? I wasn't the one to go looking for Simon, she was. I had pushed deeper into the house, and it was much bigger than the house I stayed in. I was definitely in that place. The place where the walls expand, where left becomes far left and right becomes down. And I reached a door. A fuzzy door, like a piece of a painting that had been smeared with water. I reached out and opened the door, and I fell through it.

Then I was in the gas station, Julia had just run through the door and slammed it shut. The 5 monsters all smashed into the door and let out a horrifying screech. I could just tell, they were angry. They sounded hungry.

Julia and I remained in there for a week with barely any food, we refused to leave because we were both afraid that it was going to be another ambush. When we did finally leave though, there had been a truck just outside that wasn't there when we first entered the gas station. Neither of us knew when it showed up, or if it was even real. I had still been reeling from my experience with the note and the endless house. Julia offered to drive, so we got in and started it up. The driver was asleep in the backseat, we found out, when he uh, woke up because uh, we were kinda, you know, stealing his truck? I got freaked out and slammed my flashlight into his head and....considering I doubt the police are even still alive, I think its ok to say. His eye socket sort of caved in. Julia and I sat in the truck staring straight forward while we listened to the man die in the backseat of our truck.

Look I was absolutely freaking out, but the way I see it, if we had done anything else those fucking things might have heard and swarmed the truck. The gas station was safe for some fucking reason but I wasnt about to risk our lives for some dipshit redneck.

In this scenario we lived and made it to the nearby town Julia mentioned in her note. Except I was here. There I mean. With Julia. And she didn't hate me or anything. I think. After getting to this town everything is a blur. It feels like its been a year. I've got some experiences since we arrived that I never want to speak about, but I have a feeling I'll be letting it all out on this forum. Its definitely been more than four months, more than 6 at least. Julia is alive, so is Simon. We're staying at an abandoned (fucking obviously) motel. It kind of reminds me of a place I've been before, but it isn't that spot. Julia and I have been trying to contact everybody but things are...difficult. We've been going through phases of ourselves, you know?

In this scenario though everything is okay so far. I just hope it stays this way for a while.

-Miles Green