Because I'm A Nerd

The pen is mightier than the sword! Take a pen to a sword fight and see. RPF staff holds no responsibility for injury.
Gecko
Bronze

Because I'm A Nerd

Post by Gecko » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:08 pm

I've been trying to get into D&D as much as possible without becoming hopelessly addicted...that didn't work out. I realized that I kind of have a love for world-building, so that's what I'm gonna do here. I think this belongs in Author's Den? But I'm not sure. xD I'll move out if it's not, no biggie.

I really wouldn't mind being a DM someday, hence the reason why I'm kind of organizing my homebrew campaign ideas here. I wouldn't mind sharing it either, so... :D I'll start off with the world that a friend of mine made I'm re-imagining into something that I personally think is a lot better and in-depth, and is also being used in a roleplay I set up in Casual.

I hope y'all like what I put out there!
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Gecko
Bronze

Juvra, the Eternal Witch

Post by Gecko » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:09 pm

[WIP]

Juvra, the Eternal Witch

The Map (so far)

Juvra, the Eternal Witch (Map)2.jpg
Juvra, the Eternal Witch (Map)2.jpg (359.2 KiB) Viewed 112 times
Key

• Bright green dashes = Entry points for each nation
  • Brown lines = Common roads
  • Black dashes = Walls
  • Tiny blue dots = Small, unimportant villages
  • Giant black squares = Major towns/cities
  • Giant black circle = Nation capital
  • May be updated.

Bathall is quite possibly the most peaceful out of the three major nations in the area. Its leadership, the High Council, generally welcomes everyone with open arms and is rather notorious for their many second chances. Bathall always is willing to lend a hand to those in need and comes to the aid of the other nations when they are in dire circumstances. With a mixture of peoples from far and wide, Bathall has good representation on their High Council, keeping one member per race on each seat.
As far as military goes, Bathall's is smaller in size but mighty. They are specialized to fight with odds not necessarily in their favor, and surprisingly have won many battles in the past. The army is well-respected by the other nations and is definitely a force to be reckoned with.
Bathall's population is well over a million members total. Many villages are located around the major cities of Bathall. With plenty of farmland and a border to the Kalip Sea, their main exports include agriculture (wheat and corn, mostly) and seafood from the famous Silver Harbor, where only the best fish comes from. Main imports include livestock, weapons, and tea.

• Bathall (Capital): The center of Bathall itself. This is where the High Council and army reside, and where most of the population lives.
  • Silver Harbor: The place where wealthier people go. It is essentially the wealthiest part of Bathall and is where many nobles live. The main cuisine is, of course, seafood.
  • Ravensborough: A rather shameful part of Bathall that the High Council cannot seem to fix.The only reason why it is on the map is so that people may avoid it unless they really, really need to go.
  • Bellhaven: Simply a nice place to live. It is a dreamy sort of place where people usually go to settle and raise a family. It is also near the borders of Old Arlom and Rosen, so it makes travel easy if business must be taken out of the nation. Many ambassadors live here.
  • The Bazaar: The main attraction of Bathall besides the capital, this is where the roads of many small villages happen to meet, thus causing it to become a popular trading center. This is where many vendors dream of gathering to sell their goods, but there has been a slight increase in crime over the past two years.

(Northern European influences)
  • Harsos
  • Finvik
  • Vadfed
  • Pärpa

When it comes to the leader of the nations, Arlom has definitely proven itself to be just that. Despite its' war-torn past, it has grown to be the definite strongest of the three major nations and will always keep this title. Though it is strong, Arlom is also very proud. It will not admit when it needs help and would rather suffer in silence. With the majority of the population being human, not very many other races are welcomed as warmly as Bathall does.
The people of Arlom blindly follow their king, Odroth Windbasher. Though he is one to live in his old glory days, he does do a decent job at leading Arlom from his throne in Northcross. Odroth proudly leads his army with a shining sword in one hand and a battle-scarred shield in the other. The army is the biggest and strongest in the nations and will eagerly outdo any of them at any time. The Arlom army is the conquering army of the world.
As far as population goes, it is not the largest amount, but a good amount nonetheless. Also over the million mark, they definitely do not come close to Bathall's mixed group. There are several villages located around the major cities, but mostly everyone lives in the cities rather than the villages. Due to the natural borders of trees and the sea, there isn't much room to settle down outside of the cities. As for their exports, Arlom concentrates on weapons, alcohol, and clothing. Their imports include crops, fish, and tea.

• Northcross: The center of both Arlom and the world. This is where all of the nations gather on diplomatic matters and where people visit most of all to see the history of everything, essentially.
  • More to come.

(Western European influences)
  • Arknes
  • Wolfsbach
  • Innsdorf
  • Courlogne

The remaining evidence of Arlom's Great War.

• More to come.

(Viking influences)
  • Gnuper
  • Rangarvellir
  • Grimsa

The most isolated of the nations.

• More to come.

(Southeastern European influences)
  • Nolov
  • Drobelafat
  • Svyetno
  • Kohy
Important Places

Ravensborough is also widely known as "the town of many taverns," housing countless bars and taverns that make up most of the city. There are more than a few bars on every street. In the town there are several shops located in Ravensborough's Central Plaza. There is a dwarven armory (run by Tordrum and his two lazy sons), some vendors for general supplies, a cruddy doctor (Erris), and stables with most of the horses looking rather frail and weak. There is also a mayor that runs the town rather horribly and is filthy rich (Baptiste Barnamos). There is no chance for sidequests, but there are plenty of fights to get into. If a common traveler were to happen upon the place, they wouldn't get much without a pouch of coins and/or some ale on hand.

Harsos is not that large at all in terms of living space, but they do have more than enough farmland and are a rather important source of food to Bathall. The villagers all live in small huts with no more than three rooms. They have a single barn where they keep their livestock and another building devoted only to their harvested crops. It is a peaceful village that never has raised a hand to another village or town. There are only about forty people total. There is no chance of fighting with any villagers, no side-quests, but is a good place for gathering information on both Juvra and other happenings around the Arlom border. Baker, a young Kenku woman, knows just about everything about everyone, and so she is a good source of knowledge for any passersby. She also acts as the calm, unofficial leader of the town.

Nothing to see here, folks. :P

Goat Of Epicness

Re: Because I'm A Nerd

Post by Goat Of Epicness » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:56 pm

So you Are a nerd/geek to? Well so am I!!!! I really would like to play DnD!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Role Playing Forums v4.2.1.

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:19 am

Yeah! There's a whole group of D&D people on here if you look around.

Goat Of Epicness

Post by Goat Of Epicness » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:11 am

Cool!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Role Playing Forums v4.2.1.