Dakania [Open]

Journey out, traveler, but be warned. The world is unforgiving.
Xayve

Dakania [Open]

Post by Xayve » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:51 pm

(my pics aren't uploading so I'll add those in once I get links fixed. In addition, remember that I will be adding to and updating this for the next few days as things get smoothed over)
Intro:
Dakania is a diverse and unique area, playing host to all kinds of unique and potentially deadly (yet rewarding) situations. In order to get into Dakania, one must either flank the southern edge through the swamps to the south and approach via the ocean, go around the Katarushi mountian range via the frozen north, or brave the mountians themselves and all the dangers they bring. Once you arrive, if you're lucky, you'll be greeted by a Mitorii emissary who will help guide you to the nearest settlement so you can refill your most-definitely-diminished supplies. However, if you weren't spotted by a scouting party, you are quite fortunate in the fact that there are plenty of natural resources to be found if you have patience and know where to look.
Although Dakania is diverse in temperature and vegetation - especially the type and density of the latter - it also contains a uniting feature in the fact that what plant life survives simply thrusts it's way forward through a rocky, sandy earth that is sparsely covered with grass and good soil. The region is primarily controlled by The Mitorii Clan, although this power is primarily maintained through a feudal system of fiefdoms, leige lords, and alliances. Regardless, this is as hostile of an environment as one could find. Still, there is plenty to find out there for a young explorer or an experienced scrapper. Just mind your step, watch for firespouts....and try not to get eaten by a Teroriza.
[More info and updates coming soon]
Last edited by Xayve on Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SupremeLizard

Re: Dakania [Open]

Post by SupremeLizard » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:09 am

“This appears to be a good location, Grand Tzin” Jessak stated as he kneeled before the titan lizardman. “The fliers have spotted some humans that are vastly different from our own in terms of mannerisms and more importantly weaponry. They appear to wield the power of thunder though it is not enough to outright kill a basic scout or a Dreagle. We have not pursued them since we do not know this land and it could have been bait for an ambush” Jessak continued explaining to Vuxrik.

Looking upon the land before him, Vuxrik saw hills and mountains to the West, the ashlands he exited from the South, a small river that likely leads to the Great Sea which flows to the East and unknown land to the North. Vuxrik scratched his chin, then ordered Jessak a command: set up a fort.

This is the first time in a decade the command has been used, never before has the command been given. Vuxrik was likely cautious because of the report of thunderer pink skins. It would be crucial to learn the power of thunder later on, but for now the basics must be established. The plan would be to create a permanent fortress and over time surround it with many dwellings. Firstly, the land was cleared of the rocks and other “impurities” that may disturb farming. The humans were immediately set to work. Afterwards, the lizardmen began construction of a stone fortress to preserve steelwood for other purposes. By nightfall Jessak ordered a small contingent of scouts and two elders to explore the surrounding land, perhaps to establish some contact with the pink skins before preforming other plans.

Xayve

Post by Xayve » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:30 pm

Mitorii scouts had been reporting back with tales of strange creatures lately. Part lizard, part human, the scouts had said. One man had even been discovered, and in fear for his life had opened fire with his standard issue nine-millimeter sidearm, reporting that while somewhat wounded, the creatures he struck didn't seem like they had been stopped by the rounds and had simply left on their own. This caused Daniel a great deal of something between fear and excitement, as this indicated that said creatures were sentient and possibly open to negotiation he wouldn't be stupid enough to walk into any potential situation unarmed.
So, in the spirit of Tyr, the decider of all battles, Daniel had ordered his axes to be sharpened and coated with a superior metal. They were then honed even further, to a point that now they were much better than they had been. He also came armed to bear, carrying himself an assault rifle chambered in a highly penatrative six-point-two-three millimeter round and a revolver chambered in .357 Magnum. Aside from that, he was travelling via Megazepplin, with a smaller Zeppelin trailing behind, as he had received reports that the creatures were high in number. The main zeppelin had a full crew and a landing bay with ten docked warbirds, crew for each small craft, and a total payload of two-thousand soldiers of mixed origin around the land of Dakania, including crew and maintanance, to be deployed at a moments notice. The smaller of the two zeppelins carried only six warbirds and half the number of soldiers. By ground, another four thousand men and women of differed origins and armaments were set to arrive only an hour or two behind the zeppelin, the total of six thousand soldiers of being armed to bear with the best equipment The Mitorii Clan had to offer. It was a medium-sized contingent bearing two full divisions of Mitorii military force, but it was merely a contingency in case diplomatic discussion failed, which Daniel hoped wouldn't happen.
The two zeppelins made camp in the sky roughly a mile and a half out from the lizardman camp, and Warbirds immediately began to dispatch troops directly to the ground to secure a perimeter and construct rudimentary defenses. This process took nearly an hour, and as soon as it was done Daniel set out on the back of Kazuri, bringing with him only three riders from his personal guard on their own dire wolves with explicit orders not to attack unless Daniel himself was felled in battle.

The four-man diplomatic party would be greeted roughly two hundred yards out from the perimeter of the Lizardman camp by what Daniel assumed was a small diplomatic host. The three riders he had brought were given an order to hang back a certain distance, and he alone approached the group to speak, stopping when he was sure he was close enough to be heard clearly.
"My name is Daniel Mitorii, and I come in friendship." Daniel began. Seeing that he was understood, he continued his opening statement.
"I represent The Mitorii Clan, a group which has come to gain power in this area, and has sent me from the northernmost reaches of the realm to come arrange an understanding that could be the basis of unity between our clans..
Daniel paused, slowly taking a small pouch from his hip and tossing it to the ground aside one of the lizardmen. It contained little besides a small handful of earth and a half-size iron dagger, but it was a symbolic act he had read about in one of his religious tomes. Daniel then spoke again, explaining the significance of this action although it was universally known throughout Dakania and most of the outer wastelands.
"This is a gift of earth and steel. In my culture, it's a sign of friendship for one clan to present another with this gift. It is my hope that you will accept it."

At that, Daniel had little to do besides await a response from his hopefully-newfound friends. He remained seated atop Kazuri as he did so, intently aware of everything going on around him.

SupremeLizard

Post by SupremeLizard » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:20 pm

From the stone walls the Elders and Grand Tzin watched, there were many pink skins much more than anything ever seen before.

“That one tossed what appears to be tribute, cooperation might prove to be be-“ Jessak spoke but was ignored as Vuxrik began making his way from the crudely made stone walls to the weird humans. The colossal frilled lizardman approached the offering by himself. Completely unarmed, the danger was not entirely due to the weapons these beasts wielded but their size. Vuxrik picked up the “earth and steel” then began sniffing to identify the “steel”, he had not seen anything like it outside of the swamps. The flying things are also different from the war beasts. He then tried to speak loudly in the mediocre trade speech he knew, “We travel far for good land. Wetlandsss bad for anything for there are many creaturesss. I, Grand Tzin Vuxrik’Rak of the mighty Urshagaeru tribe, accept this offering.” He continued talking “I invite you for gamesss and a feassst that lassst for a week, though we doubt you’ll win the games involving ssstrength.” The last statement causing a cascade of laughs from the half completed fortress.

“Reciprocal giftsss are part of our tribe, so I offer you a Swamp Dragon, a Dreagle and a Hennesh.” With that final statement, he would signal for the lizardmen in the fortress to bring some adolescent beasts that were not suitable for their needs but good enough for other purposes.

Xayve

Post by Xayve » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:34 pm

Daniel listened with intent to everything the one who appeared to be the leader of these creatures said as he debated with himself as to what the best course of action might be. When the three swamp creatures - two of which looked to be suitable for air travel - were brought over as a reciprocal gift of friendship, Daniel gave a quick and simple command to his companions to lead the creatures to camp and set up a place for them to rest. Hearing the troubles the creatures from the swamp had heard with their land, Daniel was quick and cheerful in his offered solution.
"I agree, wet land is no good for growing and building. I certainly don't blame your people for going to the lengths they have to find a suitable home..."
At that, Daniel withdrew a small satchel from his saddlebags, and from there he withdrew a map of the Dakania region. Isolating the area that he was currently in, Daniel was quick to come up with an offer that would completely avoid contact or conflict between this group and any other Mitorii-allied settlements.
"...With that being said, Clan Mitorii is willing and able to offer you the territory we currently stand on to build your new home. In addition, we would like to point out that there are no Mitorii-allied settlements within two days' ride of here by foot or by dire wolf in any direction, which means the entire scope of this land can be yours." As he spoke, Daniel made a circle on the map to indicate the land he was offering as a part of the deal. He also collected a small metal disc from one of his shirt pockets that displayed the signet of The Mitorii Clan and handed both it and the map over to be given to the leader of this comminity.
"I'm passing you a map detailing your owned territory under this proposed deal. There is also a symbol that you will be given, it is the symbol of my clan. All Clan Mitorii would require of you in return for everything we just mentioned is your guarantee of safe passage to any of our members bearing this symbol in your territory, as well as your promise that if Clan Mitorii comes to call on you for aid we will have your support. Of course, you would have the same guarantee from us; your people will be safe from Clan Mitorii forces out on the road, and any support we can provide you will be provided happily."
Daniel gave a slight pause as he wrapped up his diplomatic speech. After a short few seconds he added "I'd be glad to attend your games, and although I must agree with you that I might falter in the games based on strength, there are far more important qualities a being can have. And, regardless, my friend Grom should be here in a few days' time, and you'll find he can give almost anything a run for its' money when it comes to strength."

Sent from my LGL164VL using Role Playing Forums v4.2.2.