Don't Look Here!

A place for those who dabble in paint. Or, you know, pixels. Because they matter too.
Gecko
Silver

Don't Look Here!

Post by Gecko » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:36 am

Slight warning: There's some older stuff on this thread. Towards the end is where you're gonna want to look, trust me.

Welcome back from the accidental wipe everyone! I hope everything's going well for you. :)

As for this thread, I, of course, will be posting my art here. Some of it might be full out works, but most will probably be scraps and shit. Something about me you might be interested in knowing is that I hope to have a career in creating works for companies in the video game industry, specifically in concept art and design. I've always loved imagining environments and designing characters, so the job is fitting I think. c:

Sorry for image quality on most pictures, I took them with a Galaxy S3!

Addison Pierce/Lockwood
Addison, or otherwise known as "Addy," is a beloved character of mine that I came up with about two years ago that would mostly be used in the post-apocalyptic setting. She was intended to be my age at the time (fourteen) and would basically be a person that was the exact opposite me: an abrasive person that would rather cuss her way out of everything than talk about it. (Trust me, I don't ever swear around people offline.) Addy's become a personal favorite mine and has taken part in many other roleplays besides just post-apocalyptic ones. She also usually acts as a kid with the ability to control and absorb nuclear energy, but that's a story for another day. ;)

More to come! It's late for me. :P
Last edited by Gecko on Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Gecko
Silver

Re: Don't Look Here!

Post by Gecko » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:51 am

This one I did recently. A sketchbook assignment for my art class is to have one word or phrase and draw a bunch of stuff based on that. I originally had "social diversity," but it wasn't really the right word. I switched to "Taboo" but I still feel like it's not right. :P This sketch is based on the idea that racism is still evident in our society, which in turn kinda makes the idea of interracial relationships "off-limits" in a way. It's not though, which is why I drew this.
(*Note: I didn't have the right colors...I know it looks weird. :P)

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:56 am

Here's one I just did. I call it "The Boy With No Hope."
This is another one of my sketches for my little "series" about things that are tabooed in society. This one is based on beggars, and while I was searching for references I found one of a little Indian boy, which is where I got the general form of the boy from. But it was heartbreaking to see that over in India and other places, it's actually doing more harm than good if you give things to child beggars. What they do is that they essentially kidnap these poor kids and force them to beg. But the thing is, the ones with disabilities gain more than healthy kids, so they'll cut off a limb or remove an eye. It's really sad...I just wish something would be done about it. I know it's not easy, but...y'know.

This is a Chinese beggar child leaning against the wall with a sign that lays before him. It simply says "Please help," but there's nothing there but the darkness to swallow him up. It's dark, sorry about that. :P But I think it needs to be said.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:54 am

This is a "haunted house" drawing I did in art back in October. The main idea of it was that you had to draw a creepy looking building (something like the Shrieking Shack from Harry Potter), and it had to be about looking out onto the building. I wanted to go for something really, really dark, both emotionally and physically. I was hoping to only have the dollhouse's light be turned on, but I also wanted the shadow off the toys on the shelf, so I turned the light bulb on.

Do any of you see the man? Just out of curiosity.

Here's the original sketch idea:

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:58 am

Here's a whole mess of drawings! :D

This one's someone else's Fallout character, Buttons. She appreciated the drawing.

This is a sketchbook assignment from the beginning of the school year. Because mohawks r kewl

I was very much into Warrior Cats as a preteen-about fourteen years old. I don't mind doing a roleplay on them once in a while now, but I sure as hell don't draw them anymore. I only drew my character Scorchflame when I was feeling nostalgic:

Art project last year on two-point perspective. Done in permanent marker, obviously.

Sketchbook assignment from last year. Rick and Judith Grimes from the Walking Dead.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Good ol' Deadpool.

Ghostly

Post by Ghostly » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:30 am

Cool stuff, as always, Geck.

The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you?

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks Ghost! cx

shadowvoidboss
Gold

Post by shadowvoidboss » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:01 am

to bad gecko im looking here XD nice job ny the way.
When life gives you lemons make orange juice... cause fuck the world. XD

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:39 pm

Lol, reverse psychology at it's finest. XP Thanks!