A Monster's Means...

Concepts, Lore, & New Developments.
Lord of Nothing

A Monster's Means...

Post by Lord of Nothing » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:31 am

“Susan, please!”

ChkChk! The sound of a shotgun's pump.

“No!”

She told him. The Young Heir to their company. She would not be bound by traditions of her family. They had told her so little, of the once-man who came to collect his due. The source of their fortune, he was older. Older than anyone alive in her family, this much she knew. A long-standing family secret of which she knew little.

She held the gun in trembling hands, the Double-o buck capable of blowing a man's arm clean off. She knew of his vampirific nature, though she had no stake and no real way of using such a thing on one so strong if she did have one. What she did have however, was a weapon that had enough raw firepower and just the right amount of spread to blow his heart clean from his body, at a close enough range such as this.

Yet, still as she held the Mossberg to him from some six feet away, he only stared at her. Pale, white skin wrought with black, sickly veins. Long pointed ears. Two cold, Pale blue eyes which lacked a discernable iris. She imagined the rows of razor sharp teeth the rest behind his frowning lips. The monstrous face yet had some semblance of humanity in that it was capable of making a readable expression, a scowl. But it was the same scowl he always had worn. To Susan, what did this mean?

“I don't care about the family name or promises or obligations I never made. What we care about…are people's lives. I've seen you. You are a monster! A blood sucking demon.” Her words steeled her. Eased her. A bit of catharsis came from the feeling. Some part of Susan took pride in the fact that she can at least say she wasn't just some “rich bitch" who died texting in a parking lot. She could say she died on her own two feet, standing before a creature who could kill people with his mere gaze.

“I want to know.” She began. “All of it.” She did not know what either of them would say. Her father had tried to calm her. But she backed away.

“Dad, I won't kill you. But I'll turn his head into paste. Back. Away.”

Septimus held his hand out and motioned the father to the corner, as the stand off became solely between him and her.

“My name is Septimus Nier…” He began. And he told her. He told who he was. He spoke of his beginning as a carpenter. And then spoke of Bashanipal. His embrace. He spoke of his life and how he had gone from serving the Prognitor of Beasts to going about slaying his race. The sun had risen and the shining light seemed almost to crack his skin for a few minutes. And now she had seen where his moniker, the Banebreaker came from.
But Susan didn't give much a fuck for his life's story. Indeed, she stopped listening around half way through. She wanted to know who he was now

“Alright Septimus. So tell me, what does a super vampire like yourself need with seventy thousand dollars? Forgot to pay rent on your castle?”

“I protect those I see as good, but too weak to defend themselves."

She paused, taking a few moments to respond.

“That is a load of shit." He could see it in her. “You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. You lived the good-life. The sudden change of heart makes no sense. You-”

His eyes twitched. He felt a coldness rise up from him. A controlled and tranquil fury as she spoke.

A step and he is next to her. His hand slides along the top of the gun and with the flick of the safety, her trigger squeeze merits nothing. The gun begins to spin, twisting towards her thumb. She grips hard and the gun still leaves her.

He holds the gun in one hand. And then two, as he sims it towards the ceiling. Chkchk chkchk chkchk chkchk chkchk. He cocks the gun repeatedly, shells clattering against the floor, one by one, until the shotgun is empty. His blue eyes, now red as they regarded her with restrained contempt. He clenched the gun tightly as he walked along the room to a corner, his gaze never leaving her, as he places the weapon gently in the corner.

At first it seemed like he is walking towards her and even now, she stands ready to die on her own two feet, even if her legs shook a little more than she'd like to admit. But he walked past her and spoke before he disappeared around the corner of the doorway.

“Come.”
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond

Sudden Death, Michael the Merciful

Belle, Delighted Fledgling of the Damned

Auspex, Your Friendly Neighborhood Domestic Terrorist

Mera The Merciless, A Once God of War

Great Samson

Re: A Monster's Means...

Post by Great Samson » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:29 am

Fatass.

Lord of Nothing

Re: A Monster's Means...