Teen Party and Lock In

Roleplay locations.
LunaHawk

Re: Teen Party and Lock In

Post by LunaHawk » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:15 pm

Felix shook his head."That's a common misconception but the few mature issues if the comic are mature for other reasons, they depict the darkest moments in the character's history ". He thought for a moment about that. A theory was forming in his mind about her and the comics and he had very nearly said the darkest times in her life, not the character's. He smiled and turned his full attention to Sylvia. "So what's on your mind? Are you feline ok?" He asked with a smile at his own silly pun.

Abaya smiled at the qiet and her hand briefly touched the glimmering stone hanging from around her neck. "I'm..." Memories of the bank robbery made Sahi pause and choose different words. "Really more of a support character. You know like a hard or something in one of those video games where people team up and slay orcs and stuff.". She grinned and spoke a truth she'd not seen coming, a realization that hit only now as she thought about the bank robbery again.

"I like it that way.". Sahi's whole life had been about the acquisition of power, about ruling over others and trying to be top dog. Everything in her being screamed the opposite, only in power was security, only in power was truth, only by ruling through fear could she trust. Only in power could she ever hope to gain the attention of the only being that mattered to her...only when she crushed planets beneath the superiority of her being would her mother finally...notice.

Yet... there was joy in being Fire Fox, all the expectation lifted, all the hunger vanished. As Fire Fox she could simply be...and it felt ...adducting.

Kendra Sonders entered the party from a door at the rear of the building. Her radiant beauty was immediately apparent as she walked into the party with confidence. She wore her movie costume, save for the helmet which was attached to her belt at her hip and she smiled as she approached the gathering near the comic book display. "Hello everyone, glad to see so many people could make it. I'm pretty sure refreshments are heading this direction once they get the trays together."

Her job tonight was to simply mingle, answer questions about the movie, her role, etc. This was one of the things she really loved doing because aside from being fun, it genuinely made people happy. Teens lived in fragile moments of their lives when everything could still be decided. She'd been one herself several dozen times over and knew what it was like, the pressure to fit in, to stand out, the torrent of emotions and hormones. She also knew many of the people here had abilities...and that just made everything harder.

People were still filtering in as she made her way to the comic stands where several had gathered, some trying to stand out by being alone. Her hearing though caught a lit phrase from outside. Someone begging to be let in, someone who was afraid. She made her way to the door, put an arm protectively around Celia's shoulders and led her inside past the guards. When she spoke, it was only loud enough for Celia to hear. "You are among friends here.". She smiled genuinely.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:30 pm

"Oh, my gosh, that's awesome," Prism said enthusiastically. "I love the idea of a support character, and that's the coolest way I've ever heard it phrased. I wish more people thought the way you did. Instead of deciding to blow up the room or whatever while someone's trying to talk."

Her voice changed a little on the last, shifting from everything is totally awesome to I am legit annoyed for a minute, before she paused, and recovered herself. "Sorry. That place, where I met your sister... it could have gone better. It should have gone better, but... well, I guess everyone decided to do what they thought was best. And maybe that's important to them. But... I don't think it was what was best for the girl that started it all. I think she needs help, and after that she ran away. I can't blame her. But I don't know where to find her, and I'm... worried about her, I guess."

Hopefully, it wasn't disrespectful to bring it up, but... well, maybe sometimes Prism needed to talk too, instead of being the listener. She shrugged. "Anyway. I guess you probably don't need to hear about all that stuff. I'm glad I found you anyway. For your sister's sake, but also for mine. You seem like you're a good friend to have."

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:26 pm

CELIA ROSEImageJAMISON
THE MASTER OF UNLOCKING

Celia looked up to the woman who had come out and put an arm around her. Something that only her mother ever did to her. Something that always made her feel better when her mom did it. She let herself be led inside, though she didn't know what she was being led in to. She did her best to fight back the tears that were coming up even stronger, when the woman said that she was among friends. Friends. That was something she never had and always wanted. Something that she was never allowed to have. "T...thank you..." she responded to her, her voice almost caught in her throat. She knew she needed to get somewhere quickly, or she was going to end up breaking down in front of a bunch of strangers. The last thing she wanted was to bring attention to herself.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:08 pm

LunaHawk wrote: "So what's on your mind? Are you feline ok?"
"Absolutely," Sylvia giggled, a finger trailed across his chest as her lips curved upwards into a grin. She leaned up against him and planted a small kiss on his lips.

SPACE! She reminded herself, stepping back again, blushing wildly though. She'd never kissed anyone before, and right now, she'd mustered a lot of courage (plus she didn't like prism being clingy), she had figured if she didn't make a move now, he was just going to be snatched by someone else...and she liked him a lot. He was cute! "Ahem, I have a story I think we can run on your web blog!"

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:41 pm

Felix just about died for the second time in five minutes. A girl kissed him, and not like one of those dreams but like, a real kiss, from a real girl. He was stunned breathless, to say nothing of speech. Something about seeing her respond in virtually the same way actually helped. Now he had to figure out what this meant. Were they dating now? Did he need to go figure out what they were going to do next saturday? Did this count as their first date? There was an infinite series of questions not helped by the fact he was almost positive his Numinous was laughing at him with hysterical glee.

He managed to recover, somehow and instead broke out his usual charismatic smile.
He was very glad he was Felix right now, Tom would have had no comeback.

"I'm all ears m'lady. Purrhaps after that we can talk about that purrfect kiss as well." Sometimes even Felix didn't know how he could be so smooth, aside from the brief moment of stunned silence, he'd recovered very quickly, at least outwardly. Inwardly he was still trying not to die.

Felix wasn't the only one trying to recover from shock. Sahi was...utterly stunned. In her long, sad history as a Time Siphon no one had been sincere about anything. The whole species was a species of paranoid, self centered individuals out for their own good over the lives and security of others. Not once in her life, longer than Prism's own by generations, had anyone been even half as sincere as Prism had just been. She'd read the apology on the blog but words in text could be written without care. The Time Siphon part of her still felt deep suspicion, the Fire Fox part of her felt elation and the rest of her...had nothing to compare it to, nothing at all...because no one had ever been kind. It was a large, cruel universe where survival meant being the cruelest, most powerful around.

Or so she believed. She stood quietly for a moment, not a word of response on her slightly parted lips. When she spoke, the words came unbidden from some secret corner of her being that had wanted nothing more than someone to talk to for a very, very long time. She didn't realize she'd spoken until the words were out.

"I think she's been running for a very long time." Her words were almost a whisper and carried with them a weight of despair running back centuries. They were also the truest words she'd ever spoken. In an effort to conceal all of that, she gestured to where....

Reyn wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:44 am
Kat was quite surprised that Linaria wanted to go to this lock-in. With everyone else, she would've had to beg them to accompany her. Most people thought it quite childish, for a girl of 17 to be going to a small-scale comic event, but she didn't see how... and, thankfully, neither did Linaria. In fact, she seemed oddly enthusiastic about the whole ordeal. Kat wouldn't have thought her the type to be particularly interested in superheroes, but Linaria insisted that she had been into them for quite some time.
x
"This isn't an event I'm going to let you pass up, Katherine. You... you deserve to have fun once in a while. To unwind. To relax."
x
She was hardly going to complain, was she? Linaria was almost too good to be true, with the way she taught her fencing, but Kat wasn't going to suddenly get all suspicious because of a stupid little comic event.
x
"Maybe you'll meet some of the heroes whilst you're there. You really should aspire to be like them, you know..."
x
Kat didn't want to become a superhero just yet, but Linaria had been pushing the idea on her ever since they met. It made sense, in a way. Linaria, as a sword, did grant her particularly useful abilities that could very plausibly be used to help protect the world from evil... but protecting the world from evil wasn't really Kat's main priority at the moment. Currently, that honour went to getting into the school fencing team. Linaria was helping her with that as well.

Anyhow, the party seemed quite fun. Kat was a bit of a wallflower (naturally), but this seemed like a fairly enjoyable place to be. She could just lose herself in the back-issues if she got bored during the lock-in. For now, however, it was probably a good idea to follow Linaria's advice: go and find whatever comic she wanted and read that for a bit until someone talked to her.

Perhaps taking social advice from a sword wasn't the best idea.
"Maybe we should mingle to get our minds off it?" Abaya asked Prism.

Kendra smiled genuinely and moved in front of her so they could make eye contact. Her eyes sparkled with inhuman grace. "There's no need to thank me for the truth. There's a lot here for you to do if you want, there's comics and movies everywhere...and people a lot more like you than you might think. If you want, I see two people up front by the comics who came in together, you could talk to them. Or...if you need it, there's a restroom down the hall and to the right, it's a private one but if you type three seven four into the door panel you can use it for some time to...gather your thoughts."

As she spoke, she gestured to the two known as Light and Shadow. She removed a permanent marker from her pocket and drew the Eye of Ra on a slip of paper, pressing it into the girl's hand gently. "If you need to talk to an adult, just write it down on the back of this and I'll see it. No one else will, you have my word." The girl's obvious fear made her suspect the reasons she'd come looking for shelter, but she knew the girl may not be ready to share whatever was troubling her. So she gave her the options she could.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:38 pm

CELIA ROSEImageJAMISON
THE MASTER OF UNLOCKING

Celia looked at Kendra when they had stopped and she moved in front of her. The woman was so nice, like her mother. Then again, all she had really to compare people to, was her mother, her father, and the people her father was with. When she started talking about comics and movies, she was a little lost. It took her a moment to remember what they were, from what she heard people talk about before in school. Now that she felt safe, the adrenaline from the ordeal at the bank, and being followed, was finally starting to wear off. The thought of being able to be alone for a little while sounded very appealing. She looked over towards the two that had been gestured to. Something about them gave her the feeling they might be a little too energetic for her at the moment. She wouldn't entirely be good company.

She watched her as she started to draw something on a paper. A symbol she didn't entirely recognize. The thought of talking to an adult wasn't something she was sure she wanted to do. The adults she knew, minus her mom, only wanted her to use her power for them. Maybe this woman would be different, like her mom was. She looked down to the paper, holding it close. "Thank you... again..." she looked back to her, finally able to break a light smile. "I think I might.. just visit the restroom..." She looked towards where she had said the restroom was. She started towards it, thinking about the woman's offer about writing on the paper. She was considering it.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:53 pm

Abaya fell quiet, seeming... worried. Concerned. Prism didn't think it had anything to do with what she'd said just now... it had more the sense of an old hurt, somehow. When Abaya finally spoke, her words were weighty: "I think she's been running for a very long time."

Somehow, Abaya had to know the strange girl from Sylvania. Prism didn't know how, but there had to be some link between them. She wanted to ask... but it wasn't the time to ask. Abaya's quiet was more concerning right now, and so Prism moved forward and slipped an arm around her shoulders. Hey, at this point, maybe she just ought to list hugs as one of her special abilities and, like, just own it. She let go after a moment, nodding with Abaya's suggestion to go mingle with people.

She looked around to see who needed mingling-with, which was when she noticed Sylvia and Felix. Oh my gosh, they totally just kissed! "Wow." Prism wasn't quite sure how to decompress her reaction to that, but wow pretty much summed it up. She smiled a little bit, she was totally gonna have to ask Felix, like, all about that. Later, though. Not right now. Give him some time with his... girlfriend? She was happy for him, but it definitely wasn't the time to interrupt.

After another glance around the room, she decided on a girl she didn't know, who was carrying a sword. Anyone carrying a sword was probably some sort of supersomething, and probably wouldn't mind Prism being around, right? She motioned Abaya over and went to go find out more about that.

"Hi!" she said, cheerfully, "Awesome sword! I'm Prism, who're you?"

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:15 am

LunaHawk wrote:
"Well it's great you see!" She spoke with gleeful smile, something that told EVERYONE that she was excited, and her heartbeat was racing like a cheetah across her chest. "I interviewed this big man! And he's like... 7 foot tall and all that, wore black suit with tie and all that, and he's like a cop! They call him Bloodhoud or some'n and I interviewed him..." Sylvia got up to him and whispered in his ear, "I have no proof but I think he could be a metahuman! Just my suspicion."

And she jumped back, totally excited and in the air. If she had some sort of flying powers, she would be flying. SHE WAS THAT EXCITED AT THE MOMENT. "We could like run that on the internet. I'm sure he wouldn't mind. The kiss, yes, we can talk about that later too!" She winked at Felix, going up to him and looking right at him, into his eyes. Her own was shaking, and he could probably feel her breathing, and the smell of perfume on her hair.

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:11 pm

Kat was beginning to remember why she didn't often leave the house. Maybe calling her a 'bit of a wallflower' was an understatement; Kat was more like an NPC in a video game if she didn't know where she was, only talking if spoken to first and spending the rest of the time standing around, staring into the distance, and occasionally nodding to herself when Linaria piped up to complain about her idleness for the fifth time that minute.
x
"TKatherine, Katherine... what am I supposed to do with you, Katherine?"
x
'I don't know.' She thought, projecting it to Linaria who regarded it with a low sigh 'L-look, I'm sorry if your last owner was a bit more of an extrovert, but some of us have... difficulty with this sort of thing, Linaria!'
x
"Katherine, I one spent twelve years with a manor-bound Victorian recluse, and she was still-"
x
Linaria's voice was suddenly interrupted by... someone else. Kat spun on her heel quite dramatically to face them, offering an awkward (yet, admittedly, rather charming) smile.

"H-hello, there!" She said, her voice cracking just a little as she first started to speak "I, uhh... it is kinda nice, isn't it? Got it off an old relative of mine- fencing kinda... runs in my family. So, how are you finding this little... shindig?"

Ignoring the fact that she said the word 'shindig' to someone under the age of 40, Kat felt somewhat relaxed after responding to her. Hopefully the compliment to Linaria would shut her up a bit and stop her being so insulting...

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:28 pm

Sahi just about died when she was, entirely out of the blue, hugged. Sahi had never...no that wasn't true. Her mother had hugged her once, when she'd save her from her father. That had felt nice. This hug was different, both because it was surprising and because they were standing in the middle of a pari, not the burning ruins of a once proud civilization driven to extinction by one extremely pissed off mother. She...blinked. Sahi had no point of reference, no idea how to respond to it and was increasingly finding it difficult to view Prism as the clear cut enemy she had just twenty minutes ago.

Prism was a whirlwind. Sahi was glad to be moved towards another person and fully restored her Abaya persona. She smiled at the other girl and let Prism do the talking, she was after all very good at it, and fond of it too. "I'm Abaya." She introduced herself when there was a moment. Sahi had gone by other names before and found it easy to slip between personas, at least when Prism wasn't challenging the foundation of her understanding of the universe.

"I've always had a soft spot for blades myself, a lot of art goes into their production." When having a similar conversation about swords at her highschool before she located Prism and set things in motion to move near to Solar City she'd told everyone how much she really liked swords and a giggle storm had erupted. When she later looked up sword on Urban Dictionary she made the choice to use her words more carefully around teenagers.

Felix just about had his mental baring set again when she literally hopped and moved really close. He was innocent but he wasn't an idiot, he knew what he was feeling and he told his fifteen year old body to slow itself down and get with the program. He smiled, his emerald eyes seemed to glitter in the light, the cat pupils adding an air of mystery. His teenage boy hormones thought he should kiss her right there. Fortunately Felix was better than that.

"That sounds pawsome, I'm sure Kelly will be excited to hear about your interview too and once she does she'll be sure to want to post it on the blog with you." He knew there was a little more to unpack there, like the comment about him being sure the guy wouldn't bmind. They had to be careful with that sort of thing, but they could all talk about it and work out what to do as the next step. "You sure are great at talking to people and getting interviews, I think it's your charming purrsonality.".

He smiled bright and genuine, the comment was flirtatious sure, but it was also how he genuinely felt. He never flirted using anything but the truth. He never used anything but the truth.

Luna Hawk nodded and let the girl go. She smiled to herself and moved through the room, talking to various teens as she did until she arrived at Light and Shadow. She smiled at the two of them."It's my understanding you two are one of our pair of blogging teens here today." Kendra said by way of introduction. "I'm Kendra Sonders". She introduced herself, as if that would be necessary here of all places, but she didn't like to presume.

She still had her helmet on her belt and ran a hand back through her short dreads. Her costume up close was a perfect replica of that seen in the comics and fit her in ways that suggested it had been tailored to fit her unique body.