Purge [OPEN]

Roleplay locations.
ODIN
Sandbox Councillor

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by ODIN » Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 pm

C H A S E
As Styx began to run, The Vessel peered over the rooftop before with a brief mechanical sigh he lept.

“Fine then, the hard way.”

For a moment he looked down at the Demon and Teja, who had been alerted to something in the distance. It seemed like the night had much more in store. However, his attention was on something else now. His previous mission had been completed, now he was dragged like a dog on a leash to his next.

The situation didn't concern him anymore, the Demon had agreed to the meeting. They could handle the other disturbance, he hadn't been deployed to play at vigilante. If not for the black haired girl running through the streets, he would have been preparing himself for evac. Now though, his thrusters fired and he was off. Gliding through the air as he gave chase, quietly tracking her as he waited. She was quick, but she was human. Eventually, she would have to stop. His enhanced optics carefully waiting for the moment she could run no more, before like a wraith he landed in the alley. The bright blue glow of the MS-AH the only source of illumination in the dark corner. The gun held steady as he took aim at her center of mass.

“I'm afraid that wasn't a request. Rather we’ve a need for your knack for accuracy. The cash is still on the table.”

The tip of the barrel flashed for only a second, as the neutralizer fired, sending forth a laser that charging the air between the gun and the girl. Transmuting it into a conductive plasma channel with enough heat to cause a gunshot-esque sonic boom before it conducted a powerful current through the channel. Provided the path wasn't interrupted or the girl didn't move she'd be rendered unconscious in the blink of an eye. If not, he’d be forced to use more primitive methods.
Wilde Jagd
ODIN
A sinner without a past
The Vessel
A machine without a home

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Thu May 16, 2019 9:17 pm

"Don't worry. I'm here."

They both looked back, hearing the man come into the dark alley way. She couldn't particularly make him out visually, but she knew he was there. She could hear the noise of him shuffling. The man would see Styx just barely standing up by herself. The ramifications of mind over matter making themselves known. She could sprint at speeds akin to athletes much beyond her and move in bursts. However, such inhibitions existed on the human body for a reason. It prevented damage to it. In the fear that had lurked behind behind her smile. Not necessarily of the man. But of the unknown. Questions of her souls? What was death like? Was it dark and cold?

She felt herself leaning onto her brother, her arm draped around his shoulder. And she pushed him away, as she turned around to face the man and crumpled onto her knees. And looked him in the eyes.

"You wouldn't shoot a little girl, would you?"

She gave the man a big grin as he shot her.

Her body convulsed, as her muscles tensed against her will and lactic acid flooded her already strained muscles until she couldn't move. The pain was one of the worst she'd felt in her entire life. Like being kicked in the crotch, but all over the entire body. Her body couldn't work anymore. Her mind and will had to be taken out of the equation, because her body could work no more.

Plop. The soft sound of her falling forward from her knees face first into the pavement. Her vital signs were presence, and her eyes were a little open. But she still breathed as she drooled onto the ground.
Bashanipal,The Accursed
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond
Styx, The Bullet Witch
Sudden Death, Malcom the Merciful
HossDaBoss,The Backyard Drug Lord
Belle, Delighted Fledgling of the Damned
Auspex, Your Friendly Neighborhood Domestic Terrorist
Mera The Merciless,A Once God of War
Ms. Mayhem, The Mayor of beatdown town
Ultra, The Psycho Crusher

Behemoth

Post by Behemoth » Thu May 16, 2019 11:19 pm

Isaac took quick notes of every name mentioned. Eisenalder. Allisburgh. Fischer. He saw no holes in the story, and actually, the pilot said way more than what Isaac might've in his shoes. However, he sensed that his partner would try to make explanations a little more... aggressively, than he would. There was still that sense that Savant was junior to Behemoth, hot-headed, quick to judge and quicker to fight. He felt like negotiating here was going to have to fall on him. At the very least, he understood that accidents happened.

"I think you should at least understand our position," he said, emphasizing the "our". This was a group effort, after all. "Seeing a guy with your kind of tech flying around with an unarmed and unarmored civilian in a highly populated area... it was more than a little suspicious. Cause enough to intervene. And I couldn't exactly shout for you to come down."

He took a deep breath, and half a step after the retreating figure of Aeros, lowering his hand, not stopping him, but calling after.

"I'll leave an anonymous tip for the cops with his name, assuming they haven't already guessed it. Least we can do for him. And as the cops're going to be a while, the least I could do for you is cauterize that cut you have. It'll take that knife off your hands for my friend here, and then you don't have to stitch yourself up. Can't do much by way of splints, but I doubt you need more than broken bones to worry about and another shock from that blade would probably knock you out for who knows how long."
Job 40:15

Savant

Post by Savant » Fri May 17, 2019 1:39 am

Kraut? This isn't a fucking black-and-white movie, old man.

Tobias didn't verbalize his remark, merely standing silently as the information transaction took place. It was, he supposed, useful to have a talky-type on your side every once in a while.

The idea that he was to blame for the guy getting pasted was irksome. Frankly, he'd have been happy to worry about that matter himself, but having blame shifted onto his shoulders, off of those of the Gargoyle, didn't sit right. But an argument would waste both of their time.

As the Behemoth offered to assist Aeros with his wounds, the Wunderkind caught his erstwhile partner's attention. With one hand, he gestured up and to the left. Then, tapped his other wrist, and flashed a splayed palm.

Meet me on the roof in five.

And, though it went unspoken, the Savant hoped Bring my knife was implied.

Firing a line from his grapnel gauntlet, the Adept ascended silently, scaling the last few feet of the concrete edifice. As he waited for Isaac to finish helping the guy they'd just seen get an innocent killed, Tobias caught his breath.

On one hand, if I hadn't thrown that knife, the guy would still be alive. But I wouldn't have been in the position where throwing it was necessary, if that douche hadn't been playing 'let's interrogate a dude in the open air.' All I can really do is get better, so the next time this happens, I take fly-boy out immediately.

Of course, LaVerne was claiming to be a hero. That didn't mean much to the Prodigy, right now.

As he waited, Tobias pulled off his mask, looking to get some fresh air. With one hand, he clicked his radio, and listened for police chatter. The night's conflict felt mostly finished, but it always paid to be prepared for the unexpected.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri May 17, 2019 2:12 am

"Your cyber friend might have gotten to her first," Teja responded, to the issue of the strange girl, "Not to say she won't show up again, sometime. I take it she's not someone you're familiar with." That statement didn't seem to require an answer, and indeed, it looked there was little time for one to be given. Flint was evidently scanning through various source feeds inside that suit of his, and it seemed that he'd found something of interest. She routed IONMASK to scan through local channels as well, and it didn't take long for her to pick up similar news stories, possibly even the same ones.

She started moving along with him, although part of her was somewhat annoyed that he hadn't bothered to ask before assuming she was with him - but then again, this sort of thing was exactly what the Society was for, and she supposed she couldn't really begrudge Flint for expecting her to do her job. He was in the process of fixing up his arm, some sort of squeeze at the wrist probably activating an internal mechanism. In-situ medical devices? It wouldn't surprise her, and it would explain a lot about how Flint was able to keep going with the amount of damage he tended to take. His shoulder was a bloody mess, though it had at least stopped getting any bloodier.

"You need a band-aid for that or something?" Not that she had one or anything - band-aids weren't generally combat-effective, and it would have been a waste of space to carry them around. She supposed he could slap a sticker over it. He probably had extra. "Any plan for when we get there?" This was his zone, after all - she wasn't really willing to call it a jurisdiction, but it was certain that he was more familiar with the area than she was at this point, and she could afford to let him make the calls.

Just as long as he didn't call for anything stupid, anyway.

Aeros

Post by Aeros » Fri May 17, 2019 11:53 pm

At the sound of the first vigilante's voice, Brock turned around and offered a small nod.

"The death's on me, just remember that you're not exempt from what happened here tonight. Fischer's blood may be on my hands— quite literally, and a bit over the God-damn street for good measure— but it's on yours, too. You and that friend of yours all brooding-like on the rooftop."

He tapped the handle of the knife currently stuck to his gut, smiling beneath the black mask.

"If I pull it out, it'll only get worse— you know that, right, slick? I'll think I'll HOLD ONTO THE KNIFE FOR A LITTLE BIT, ALRIGHT?" LaVerne stated, yelling out to the second kid, wherever he might be. God knows if he was planning on dropping down on the pilot like some sort of paratrooper from hell.

He's light. Couldn't do too much.

Aeros held his hands up in the air as a mock gesture of defeat.

"Kids these days, am I right? You both have a good night, now."

With all that was left to be said taken care of, the pilot turned the corner of the alley and disappeared from the sight of the armored man without another word.

Behemoth

Post by Behemoth » Mon May 20, 2019 5:02 pm

Savant drew the Behemoth's attention with a small signal to join him in the roof in five minutes or less. Isaac nodded once to the three-part gesture, an instinctive indication more than anything that he'd understood his partner's message. Before turning back to the pilot, however, he hesitated.

Wait a second. That hand signal.

It was fairly basic, yet clear in its simplicity, one of many Isaac himself knew very well. They were field signals for collections agents in the Foundation when they were in a high-security-risk area. But that meant -

He was pulled from his confusion by Aeros again, replying to Isaac, but Isaac was barely listening. He couldn't shake the feeling that the hand-signal was intentionally Foundation-specific. Sure, it was simple enough that it could have been an accident, even a coincidence, but... the pilot talked about responsibility, and then kids these days, and then waved good night.

"I don't think either of us are going to forget that anytime soon. Have a good night."

As Isaac turned back to the wall that Savant had scaled, he couldn't shake the idea that what Savant had done with the hand signal was more than coincidence. But if it wasn't, what did it mean? It was simple, which meant that it could have just been an accident, an incidental similarity. But being that similar? Really?

"The knife's a no-go unless we want to start a fight with a badly injured war vet." He made the statement before he was all the way up the wall, loud enough for Savant to hear. The war vet part was a guess - but nobody called anybody a "kraut" except possibly WWII veterans. Possibly. That was his best guess, anyway, it was hard to tell the man's age through the voice modulator, which was exactly why Isaac wore one. He pulled himself over the wall and walked toward Savant, still talking, but respecting his identity if the mask wasn't back on yet by looking out over the city again.

"I've been thinking, I haven't really seen much of you around this area, and you've got skills that say you really aren't that new to this. I've been considering broadening my scope to further downtown. If you don't mind my asking, is that where you're from, when you're not hunting myths?"

He left the question open-ended, not actually expecting an answer, but just in case Savant was inclined, he added something that would test his theory. It was more subtle than Savant's signal, a wave he made while retracting his claws. Right hand, specific angle, designed for secrecy. It's safe to talk here, but be wary. If the same wave had been made with his left hand, it would mean that the area was unsecure, and they needed to move. Savant seemed a little young for a Foundation recruit, but it wasn't completely impossible that a Class-B in training had decided to double as a vigilante. Unlikely, but not impossible.

Savant

Post by Savant » Mon May 20, 2019 6:09 pm

Tobias hastily pulled his mask back on, as he heard Isaac ascending. Shouldn't have taken it off in the first place. Fucking stupid.

"Oh well," he muttered. There'd always be more knives. Validating to know that it worked, at the very least.

Further validating were the Behemoth's next words. The Savant had been hopeful that his newly-acquired skills would acquit themselves tonight, and it seemed they had. Enough that he seemed... competent. That was nice.

"Around there, yeah." The motel was in the outerlying boroughs, but Tobias had lived downtown before... all this. "If you're in the neighborhood, give me a call. Maybe next time we won't see any mutilated fuckin' corpses next time."

The Prodigy chuckled, and half-unconsciously signed Affirmative back.

Behemoth

Post by Behemoth » Mon May 20, 2019 7:01 pm

"Heh. Maybe. Never know with this work."

It wasn't a coincidence, then. Savant somehow knew the Foundation's signaling system - and as far as Isaac was aware, the system wasn't based on any other. It was unique, to avoid confusion. Unfortunately, it was the uniqueness that was making Isaac even more confused. If Savant was a Foundation intern, he would have told Isaac almost as soon as he saw the second signal.

Might as well be forward, I guess.

"Another question, if you don't mind." He gestured vaguely toward Savant's hands with his left, while his right made the subtle I'm a friendly signal. "Where'd you learn that? I've only ever seen a couple other people who know it."

Savant

Post by Savant » Tue May 21, 2019 12:01 am

Tobias sighed quietly. He'd not yet revealed the nature of his power, but lying to Behemoth felt kinda... wrong? The guy had been pretty much nothing but chill, including when the Savant had put a gun to his head.

"I copy skills. Pretty much automatically. Fairly close proximity, I tagged you by the precinct. It's why I move like I've been doing this a while, but it's only been... a month or two, really."

Scratching the back of his head through the mask, the Prodigy looked down. "Uh... sorry, I guess? It's not like I can really turn it off."