Purge [OPEN]

Roleplay locations.
Post Reply
User avatar
Axiom
Jr. Member
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by Axiom » Mon May 06, 2019 8:44 pm


"Crooked cops are just the start, junior," he said, narrowing his eyes. A small smile passed over his lips.

"Why them first? Simple. This is how we get the sides worked out in this war. Get the bad guys out of the good guys' ranks. That way the police can be trusted again. They say it can't be done. It'll be hard. But far from impossible. The enemy will stir. Times will get tough. But when it's all done, people will be able to hope again."

Flowery words, maybe. But his conviction was solid as stone.

"As for Doc...she'd love to talk to him. And I'm going to be in the know on it."

Be good for me to see him too.

Flint was about to ask the boy what he had in mind for a meeting, when something else caught his eye. The passive sonar overlay picked up something small moving down the street, hugging the shadows. His gaze narrowed, but his attention was still on the vessel before him. The afterimage looked like it was just a child - some kid trying to get a picture, maybe. Still, he was on alert, standing with his body at an angle to the approaching figure - cape in between him and the mark.


User avatar
Lord of Nothing
Member
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:58 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by Lord of Nothing » Tue May 07, 2019 6:54 am

Her heart was racing. Was someone going to see her? Were they going to notice her approach. She knew she was a kid and that she wasn't perfect, but she did her best. And her best got her across the world. Soon, as the activity thinned down, she started to slow to a more tactical pace. She held the rifle in her arms level with with alley she was in, her small size lending itself to hugging cover as she moved down the alley way. Just as she 'd been taught she did not do stupid things like poke her gun around a corner for someone to grab it. She strafed it, her big, bright eyes scanning each area as she made nary a sound. Not like she carried a lot of gear. Two magazines of sixty, for a total of ninety rounds.

Voices. Do you hear them?

Yes. I do.


She slows even more, her black dress lending itself to blending itself into the darkness. And there he was. The daemon! And seemingly two others. Who are they? She doesn't know truthfully. He is undoubtedly the target. He is the symbol she was sent to defame. But, they could prove very well relevant if they are combat capable. And judging from how the two dressed, they were. The man was standing at an angle with his cape to her. It seems that he is even at least a little aware of her presence. How much she didn't know. She had to pick a body part. Where would she nail him? His armor was probably on his chest and at the top of his helmet. It wouldn't even be far fetched for him to be wearing full body armor.

She took a knee, put the rifle up against her shoulder and smooshed her cheek up against the buttstock. Both her eyes stayed open as she turned her head until both eyes were staring down the iron sight she had leveled against him. Her delicate little finger began to apply the smallest.

The flash suppressor stifled any flash. The bullet would come , seeking to ram into the side of the knee accompanied by the BANG that would followed a 1900 mile per hour hunk of lead and copper. The knee seemed the best place. It had to be flexible and it didn't pierce, the bullet would still be like a hammer smashing against inevitably soft squishy kneecaps that rested underneath.

More.

BABABABABABABABABABABABANG!

More rounds. More bullets. The first shot was the most important, like a surgical need. This was a wall, in a narrow alleyway. She fired to in such a way as that there was enough space between the bullets to really move between them. She kept firing to her hearts content, when her magazine ran out. Only after the barrage would she actually stand out in the light, laughing.

"Hey Mister Daemon! Are you and your friends still alive over there?"
Image
She drops the rifle magazine to the ground and the noise that accompanies it is the the sound of another being loaded in.

"I think it's kinda funny! I've never been paid to kill someone breaking the law before! It's like I'm a police officer!" She chuckles to herself, a cheeky grin spreading across her face. "You must've made some people really mad for them to hire me."

She stays where she is in the alley and watches for her opponents. What they do determines where she goes.
Bashanipal,The Accursed
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond
Styx, The Bullet Witch
Sudden Death, Malcom the Merciful
HossDaBoss,The Backyard Drug Lord
Belle, Delighted Fledgling of the Damned
Auspex, Your Friendly Neighborhood Domestic Terrorist
Mera The Merciless,A Once God of War
Ms. Mayhem, The Mayor of beatdown town
Ultra, The Psycho Crusher
Grevious, The Cosmic Draconian Conqueror
Melinoe, The Gift of Death
Lethe, The Wild Reaper

User avatar
illirica
Sandbox Mod
Posts: 3518
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by illirica » Tue May 07, 2019 2:19 pm

Gestalt had enough power to call his own operations, and Flint knew the whereabouts of Eris Rushmore. This meeting had certainly been informative, if unexpected. The city moved on around them, people going about their lives. Cities were a challenge for Recurrent's field sense - it wasn't that there wasn't enough information, it was simply that there was too much. Out in the desert, where it was just her and her facility, a bit of metal moving through a magnetic field was something worth noticing. In a highly populated city, though, there were signals like that everywhere, and most of them utterly meaningless.

She kept her fields out anyway, though, because some things were more obvious than others. When signals started dropping, though, that was enough for her to take more notice. Someone out there was cutting wires or unplugging them, moving directionally towards them - and people who just wanted to talk rarely started by concealing their presences. Something was out there. Flint, she thought, had noticed it as well - he'd hesitated for a moment, his attention momentarily arrested by something beyond. He'd angled his body, maybe even unconsciously, just as she had done. She was facing him, watching his blind spots as he no doubt was watching hers. IONMASK faded to opaque mode, data streams pulling in from nearby signals, cameras, radio waves. Information. She paid little attention to it, trusting her instincts to alert her to anything truly notable, and focused most of her attention on the area around them. Another pulse slipped further charge into the fields that surrounded her, dispersing carefully with a just-barely-audible static hum that faded after an instant.

The propulsion came before the sound, the unignorable hint of fast-moving metals in her sphere of influence. Lead, but also copper, beautifully conductive copper. The fields induced the metal as it passed through, and Recurrent shifted their positioning, twisting the first bullet out of the way with ease as the rest of the gunshots started to fire. Those were more scattered, evidently the spray and pray firing variant. Meant to overwhelm, perhaps?

Bullets were too easy, these days.

What wasn't easy was when their attacker came to light, and proved to be a girl - a teenager, maybe. Maybe too young for this, maybe not, but her voice was tinted with something akin to insanity, or at the very least a sense of a strong disconnection from reality. Lovely. A crazy one.

She was here for Flint, though. Teja decided to let him handle this. Better it be his problem than hers.

User avatar
Aeros
Jr. Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:45 am
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by Aeros » Tue May 07, 2019 2:56 pm

CONTACT
Klaus squirmed in the iron grip of the Osprey to no avail, succeeding only in tearing a small seam of his shirt at the collar. The rotors of the RAVEn twisted, angling the entire suit for flight as Brock's wings turned and began to carry them both away from the office building's shattered line of windows. Fischer, of course, didn't particularly enjoy this, which made LaVerne pick up his speed as the pilot dove down between buildings, purposefully flying close to the ground to scare the shit out of the executive even more.

"N—NO! STOP, PLEASE, I DON'T KNOW—"

"DO NOT BULLSHIT ME. I'LL BE HAPPY TO DROP YOU RIGHT NOW IF YOU WANT TO REMAIN SILENT."

"G-GOD, I'M TELLING YOU, I— WHAT DO YOU EVEN WANT—"

Air tore over each of their forms. Hud blipped once, twice. Red text. Mind was processing it before he could even take in the words, thanks to the neural link.

UNKNOWN SIGNATURES. TWO COUNT.

Brock turned onto his back, head facing upward as he looked ahead and saw a man leap from the rooftop. Not enough time to adjust, and cutting flight would just turn the German into a collection of meat and blood. Instead, the pilot tossed the man into the air, raising his leg and transferring his grip to the set of talons upon his boots, both pairs of claws latching onto Klaus' midsection and threatening to break skin with the tightened grip they had around him. With both arms free, he had enough time to barely raise them and stop the attacker from digging his claws into his jacket and exoskeleton, gloved hands gripping the assailant's forearms at the wrist. The only drawback was that Brock had unintentionally turned himself into a surface for the guy to use to steady himself upon.

Alright, let's dance.

LaVerne angled the rotors upward and flitted his wings to gain altitude; as his body was once parallel to the ground, it slowly became to become perpendicular as the RAVEnS gained altitude with the man still locked to him.

Aeros released his left hand and curled it into a fist, using his enhanced strength to hopefully beat the man for one or two hits before letting go with his right, letting gravity do the rest in making his unknown assailant depart.

User avatar
Savant
Newbie
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by Savant » Tue May 07, 2019 4:12 pm

Tobias stopped short when Isaac called out to him. His attention was directed to the interrogation in progress. And the guy with the giant wing-suit-thing.

Say what you will about the furry community, but they put some serious effort into those costumes.

Hopelessly bereft of the ability to cross the distance between this rooftop and the Gargoyle's height, the Savant was relegated to observing, as the Behemoth attacked.

Behemoth had managed to grab on, but Aeros was outmaneuvering him, and a fall from that height would probably not be one that Isaac could survive.

Let's just hope this fucking works.

As LaVerne attempted to dislodge his vigilante assailant, Tobias sprinted forward, intending to catch his erstwhile partner. If the Behemoth's fall looked like it would bypass this roof entirely, he'd mutter something incoherently profane, and jump. Less a leap of faith, and more one of desperation. His goal was to alter Isaac's momentum, and send them both crashing through a window on the other side of the street, rather than splattering against the concrete below.

Either way, this is going to fucking suck.

User avatar
Behemoth
Newbie
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:25 am
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by Behemoth » Tue May 07, 2019 4:28 pm

I hit!

That was the good news. The bad news was, Feathers had seen him coming, and was ready for him. He dropped the civilian, turned over onto his back, and caught Isaac's wrists just below the energy converters attached to his forearms. And then they were going up, at a rate that would have made most people puke. Isaac himself was getting a little nauseous, but he couldn't focus on that.

The guy had let go of one wrist. Admittedly, it was to try to punch his attacker in the face, but that was what the helmet was for. He didn't really pay the blows much attention. They were harder than he expected, left him a little jostled, but didn't do much through the heavy faceplate. Instead he concentrated on aiming to snag his still-extended claws on either the harness or the jacket of the man's suit.

Look, whatever powers that be are up there, if you could do me a favor just this once -

The man let go of Isaac's other wrist, and it was the moment of truth. Either he'd caught, or he hadn't. If he had, his right hand would go to his faceplate almost immediately and tap over the darker black eye, as he tried to patch into whatever comm links the bird-suited man might have in his own helmet. If he missed - well, then it was all on Savant to catch him. From the lower height, his suit might have been able to take the brunt of the impact as he hit the ground, but they had gone up, and were still gaining altitude.

The chance of survival dropped with each foot they climbed into the atmosphere. Either way this went, the situation was out of Isaac's hands, so there was no real point to panicking, even if his stomach had bottomed out. Just trust in whatever was out there to stop him from turning into a black-and-red stain on the pavement below.
Job 40:15

User avatar
ODIN
Sandbox Councillor
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:45 am
Location: Too deep in self doubt
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by ODIN » Wed May 08, 2019 11:45 am

A S S A U L T
The Vessel thought about what the Demon said for a moment, nodding his head slightly. It made sense as a plan of action, and in theory, it could work. Provided it was seen all the way through, a half done job or a poorly done one would only leave the city in a worse place than it already was. Not the mention the extra effort it would take from every party to pick up the slack of a decimated force. Might take a while as well, but the man seemed prepared for the long haul. "Fair enough... just a question if the cops are willing to work with you after all this. Hardly an elegant solution to corruption."

At the agreement to Gestalt meeting with Dr. Rushmore, the Vessel received a quick alert from the AMP. A simple matter, a simple mission, a simple completion. If only they could all be that easy.

"Good to hear, you'll be contacted shortly the hash out the details. I have a feeling he'll want to take care of that personally." He started to say, before pausing, sensing the change in tension and focusing his attention to its source, a dark alleyway.

His vision enhanced, switching to an infrared optics better for dealing in the dark. His eyes landing on one figure before an explosion of gunfire burst out. Shots whizzed through the entire area, his invisibility the only trait that seemed the spare him from being hit. For whoever the shooter was seemed to have very little care about what targets they hit with their scattered volley.

Without waiting to see how the other two reacted the Vessel moved into action, leaping off the streetlamp and gliding along the side of a building, moving himself towards the shooter as his vision stabilized. Giving him a clearer image of the... girl. Young... very young, even younger than the occasional teenage superhero. Yet the marksmanship showed a level of proficiency, enough so that she could not simply be ignored. It was better to pacify her now, and figure out what to do with her later. So his movement shifted, bringing him down from the side of the building to several inches above the ground.

Gliding forwards headfirst, there was only a momentary rush of wind as the invisible cyborg rapidly crossed the distance. Then a spin as he reoriented himself to collide with the girl feet first, knocking out her legs and bringing her to the ground. The thrusters whirring ever so slightly under the pressure as he immediately curved his trajectory up and around her. His cloak dropping as he attempted to slam down on top of her, knocking her gun to the side and pin her head and body to the ground. Quickly locking her right arm and twisting it behind her back. She might have been a child, but he didn't want to take unnecessary risks when dealing with her. His goal was to end this quickly, before any less understanding and far more ruthless parties got involved.

"Yield... Now."
Wilde Jagd
ODIN
A sinner without a past
The Vessel
A machine without a home

User avatar
Axiom
Jr. Member
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by Axiom » Thu May 09, 2019 12:27 am


Gunfire.

If there were such a thing as springing into action, the impromptu squad accomplished it beautifully. Recurrent emanated a magnetic field that curved the bullets off-course, a minor pulse rippling imperceptibly outward from her form. Sparks shot up from the pavement as the barrage echoed around the neighborhood.

What?

The enemy was a child, in a dress.

Flint didn't move any slower because of it.

Arin's cyborg agent acted in tandem with him, seemingly before the gunfire even came to an end. An invisible blur that hugged the side of a building rather than making contact with the street. He moved to neutralize her outright, aiming to disarm her and pin her head and body to the street.

Flint didn't let up either. The Black Ranger sprinted down the street as her taunt rang out, a shadow low to the ground. His boots dug up the pavement as he charged her outright, moving far faster than any human being had any right to.

The direct approach.

Whatever this thing was, it was certainly no ordinary kid. She was shooting to kill. The options were endless. Shapeshifter. Possessed. Robot. Alien.

Appearances couldn't hold him back.

If the 'borg that closed in from above didn't get a grip on the shooter, he'd close in with an open hand, seeking to clench it around her head and drive it into the ground. Not enough force to be strictly lethal, but enough to give her one Hell of a concussion. If that succeeded, he'd follow up with a pin, in much the same vein as the Vessel.


User avatar
Lord of Nothing
Member
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:58 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by Lord of Nothing » Thu May 09, 2019 6:26 am

Did I miss? She asked. She had spent such a long time practicing her shots. But her brother who wasn't there put a hand on her shoulder.

"No, you didn't."

She frowned as the world slowed down around her with her willed surge of adrenaline pumping through her veins. And her big brother did well to point out every variable.

Something's weird. I counted three.

Evidence of Styx's supernatural marksman ship had made itself known in the pattern of the bulletholes. Her wide spray made set up in a way as to be difficult for a grown man to fit into. The result was what would be a 5x6 grid pattern of bullet holes embed in the wall, but that wasn't the case. There was a circular shape, which swerved the bullets conveniently away from the pair standing before it. From it, Styx could at the very least tell these two things, that there was sphere around the woman. Either magnetic? Telekinetic. She didn't know and she didn't want to find out. Powerful as dhe may be, she was not the target. The man charging at her was.

Something was missing.

"Above you sis."

Her brother pointed up and she focused. A hallicination formed around a presence she couldn't make a shape of. It was close and whatever it was threatened to crush her. Her brother had warned her and now it was up to her to figure out what to do.

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

Her smile return as she continued her taunt round in a circle like a ballerina and shot at the ground. Plumes of dirt, aspalt and dust erupts all around her. "There you are." He could have had his armor not visible of on the electromagnetic spectrum at all. It seemed even to negate the sound that had made itself. But it wasn't enough to stop a person shape from appearing in the dirt. She moved at a speed one would expect for a child, but at a cost. He did land on something. Her Rifle, which lay at his feat. The Daemon could feel his hand collide with the from of his head but as clamps his finger to grip she slips away.

The dust cleared and there she was, standing behind them.Playful as she might be, the only auditory indicator she allowed for her presence would be gunfire, but it was a different gun. Two guns in fact.

Glock 20s. 10mm Auto coated in FMJ. And gift wrapped for Styx to shoot two targets simultaniously. The bullets moved at speeds above the sound and hit sith 708 foot pounds of force respectively. What made them special was the person, because she sought to shoot each round into the same place respctively and make the bullets like spear.

Her accuracy would effectively amplify the gun's power to point of dumping enough kinetic energy in a spot to punch through an armored personal carrier, let alone any conventional armor people were capable of carrying. 5 tons in the space of an inch. And it took less than a second for her to unleash that kind of kinetic energy.

She moved like no child her age, at speeds much greater than a normal man and then still had the energy to talk on the move.

"Hey I'm gonna let you guys in on a secret. I havem't been scared in a long time. I've never fought people like you before! But I kinda like being scared." She smiled and at the same time narrowed her eyes. She was having a lot of fun, but she knew one mistake and she might be done. Her eyes swiveled around and she oriented herself as to keep all three in sight at all times.

He pulls up her dress just a tad to show a few of the magazines strapped to her leg and some knives, before in some whir of motion she throws a gun in the air, reloads it and repeats the same juggling motion to reload the other glock.

"Tell you what? I'll yield if you give me a piece of him." Her eyes glance over at Daemon, who for all she knows might be moving to try and tackle her again by now.
Bashanipal,The Accursed
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond
Styx, The Bullet Witch
Sudden Death, Malcom the Merciful
HossDaBoss,The Backyard Drug Lord
Belle, Delighted Fledgling of the Damned
Auspex, Your Friendly Neighborhood Domestic Terrorist
Mera The Merciless,A Once God of War
Ms. Mayhem, The Mayor of beatdown town
Ultra, The Psycho Crusher
Grevious, The Cosmic Draconian Conqueror
Melinoe, The Gift of Death
Lethe, The Wild Reaper

User avatar
illirica
Sandbox Mod
Posts: 3518
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by illirica » Thu May 09, 2019 2:16 pm

The Daemon's opponent was apparently a slippery little devil, and she managed to evade both of her attackers without too much trouble. More gunshots followed, though not at anyone - into the ground instead, kicking up obscuring clouds of dust. IONMASK filtered for infrared, an additional layer of tracking even if Teja's field sense couldn't follow the moving metal - and there was a lot of moving metal on that girl, moving quite quickly. Some sort of meta, to move that fast, or at least someone trained to keep up with them somewhat. Probably the former.

Recurrent stayed back, giving herself space to observe. Gestalt's ancillary was still an unknown factor, and she wasn't sure she wanted to close in with something so electronic-based, especially given that overloading him wasn't likely to speak well for future relations with Gestalt himself. The little girl was apparently having a lovely time, showing off her... arsenal, thankfully, though Teja could have offered some suggestions about propriety on that account that the girl wasn't likely to want to hear.

She probably wouldn't care, because it seemed like she was here for one thing only: The Daemon. Recurrent turned to him, skeptical. "Do you often attract the attention of cheerful, insane teenage girls?"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eidolon and 2 guests