Purge [OPEN]

Roleplay locations.
Post Reply
User avatar
ODIN
Sandbox Councillor
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:45 am
Location: Too deep in self doubt
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by ODIN » Sat May 04, 2019 10:25 am

O B S E R V E D
Spotted.

Unfortunate but not entirely unexpected. The lack of any visible reaction from the Demon was still an interesting takeaway, it appeared as if Docesznic was the only one currently able to read his position despite the cloaking. Information that she quickly divulged, the enhanced directional microphones installed within his ears picking her up as she gave a bead on his location. With both possessing knowledge of his presence, there was little point left in him keeping his distance. Not unless he thought he might be attacked if he was to engage, but even with the relatively few recorded instances of the Demon, it didn't seem likely. Still, when he finally decided to reposition himself closer to the pair, it was with his gaurd raised, and most importantly his cloak still drawn. Just because they knew something was there, didn't mean they needed to know who was. The less that the world could put together, the better, BIRDCAGE still needed time. The Vessel was still half full.

The Vessel moved down from the top of the church spire with one swift movement. Falling from the tower before the angle of his decent was quickly pulled up, gliding several yards like a bullet before he was pulled to a sudden stop. Still taking care to remain above the streets his movement came to a rest with him perched on a street light. He kept his contact with the pole to a minimum, relying on slight use of his IntelliGyro to provide impossible balance. Ready to move out of the area at the drop of a dime. Not explicitly a matter of distrust, rather one of simple caution. He'd rather give himself as much time to put some distance between him and Docesznic if she didn't take kindly to his presence.

"Not looking for a fight." His eyes flickered between the two, pausing for a split second. "Just want to meet with the Demon, ask some questions, get some questions. Mutual acquaintance sent me. More then willing to wait my turn if need be, you both appeared to be in the middle of... something."
Wilde Jagd
ODIN
A sinner without a past
The Vessel
A machine without a home

User avatar
Savant
Newbie
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by Savant » Sat May 04, 2019 1:34 pm

"Can't say I do," Tobias admitted. The police band had been relatively quiet, so far. Nothing unusual. In all honesty, the Behemoth's appearance was the only interesting thing that had happened in the handful of hours the Adept had been out here. If something like this hadn't come along, he would have headed home.

"Still, we aren't getting much done standing around here. If our guy wants to go after this precinct, he's not giving any indication."

A thought occurred, that made Tobias a touch nervous.

"Just so we're on the same page... you have a plan for when we find this guy?"

The Daemon's actions were a touch controversial, to say the least. Tobias was no fan of corruption, but this whole thing left a bit of a bad taste in his mouth, for reasons he wasn't sure he could articulate. The explicit aim of this outing was to find the guy, nab some skills, and maybe help him out. Depending on the circumstances.

User avatar
Behemoth
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:25 am
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by Behemoth » Sat May 04, 2019 4:45 pm

The Savant was doing the same thing as Isaac, then. They were trying to track a ghost, and had mostly been running on hope up until now. The "obvious trail" mostly indicated that he existed, but it didn't do much to indicate where he was going to be tonight.

Savant asked an excellent question, one that Isaac didn't really have a ready answer to. He did have his reasons for checking the Daemon out, but it had more to do with finding out whether he was everything people made him out to be, or just a really good vigilante. He decided that, at least, was worth sharing, even if the reasons behind it stayed in the dark.

"Not really," he admitted. "I was mostly hoping to just scope him out, find out what's at the root of the myth. Want to know what I'm dealing with if I wind up on his turf."

And if at the root of the myth, it was the real deal? He wasn't sure. To be honest, he would probably be much more likely to pick a fight with a ghoul or demon than an actual human being tonight. For a moment, he debated asking what Savant wanted, but decided to let the kid be. If he did want to pick a fight with Daemon no matter what it was, Isaac could decide what to do about it when they got there.

"On that note, we should get going." He rapped his chest again, softening his armor, then tapped the side of his helmet to initiate another, smaller scan. He was aiming mostly for life signs, which probably wasn't the ideal plan considering what they might be dealing with, but if they came across him without the scanner picking him up, it would be a strong indication he wasn't human, which would be more info than they had now.
Job 40:15

User avatar
Daemon
Newbie
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by Daemon » Sat May 04, 2019 10:01 pm


Recurrent's answer was more of a concession to the world than a rebuttal. Arno looked at her with the slightest hint of concern, lips tightening. Just because things weren't right now didn't mean they never would be.

But then, things changed. Teja marked someone. A watcher on her eight, precisely forty-five degrees up. Instantly, he drew the Versatility Shroud drew in closer around his shoulders, the simple press of a button on his glove retracting it to hug his figure more tightly. The shadowy material receded from where it'd been flowing in the night air, covering all of his back and body. Protection against a sniper.

Arno turned slowly, not looking to alarm the observer, trying to get a look at them out of the corner of his eye.

Nothing.

Arno blinked three times in rapid succession, activating the computerized higher order sense that came built into his cowl. A flood of new information poured through the lenses of his eyes, with a specific focus on where he'd been looking before. One signature. Nothing on thermal or the visual spectrum, but a cluster of electronic activity was currently on the move from where Teja had spotted it - coming down towards a streetlamp.

Sonar might be helpful. A quiet ping sent out by the cowl mapped the area, with an inaudible pulse rhythm following up. Arno was now seeing the world in the shape of echoes, overlaid directly over how it normally looked. The result was that the watcher's outline was visible, now perched among the streetlight above them.


"Just want to meet with the Demon, ask some questions, get some questions. Mutual acquaintance sent me. More then willing to wait my turn if need be, you both appeared to be in the middle of... something."

Mutual acquaintance, advanced technology. Young voice.

"Arin sent you."

But why?

"What's your game, kid?" he asked, letting the cape spread back away from where it'd covered him before. He now resembled a man again, instead of an upright shadow. Defensive measures were unnecessary when friendlies were in play.


User avatar
Savant
Newbie
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by Savant » Sun May 05, 2019 3:50 pm

Tobias nodded. His plan had been about the same, plus or minus some skill-stealing. Scope out the competition, try and surmise whether this Demon was a genuine threat or not. Which, he supposed, the both of them were doing right now with one another.

"Sounds good," he affirmed, to both of the Behemoth's statements. Even without a grappling hook, the Savant had become practiced at navigating the urban landscape. His parkour skills were a pretty big help, of course. Without a particular direction to search in, the Wunderkind selected one at random, and took off.

The building Tobias had been perched on wasn't especially tall. As he headed east, skills in free-running that he'd never himself developed began to take over. Seemingly unafraid of the potentially-lethal falls he'd take if one move was out of place, the Savant leapt off the roof, onto a lamp-post, and swung off of a flagpole, catching the railing of a fire escape with one hand.

Heaving himself up, the Adept sprinted up the stairs, onto the roof of the much-taller building, where he could look down at Isaac. Chuckling loud enough to be heard across the distance between them, he offered a mock salute.

Then he kept running.

User avatar
illirica
Sandbox Mod
Posts: 2962
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by illirica » Sun May 05, 2019 5:27 pm

Flint's outfit shifted for a moment, obviously more high-tech than he wanted to let on. She could tell he was searching, and that after a moment he'd found whatever it was. Their watcher decided to respond to having been spotted, the signal that he or she or it represented sliding downward, towards the ground. Not too far away, not too close.

The voice it spoke with was young, male, but that didn't necessarily mean anything. Teja had plenty of voice software built into Valence Shell, it was just that since she'd gone public she didn't bother with it. He was polite enough about it, though, just wanting to talk. Willing to wait, if waiting was wanted - but she felt like both she and Flint weren't going to continue that line of conversation with watchers around. Maybe not ever, even. There were only so many things that could be said, after all.

She didn't have a positive ID on the newcomer, but it seemed like Flint himself had a suspicion, and an interesting one. Arin Gestalt was a bit of a wildcard in the technosphere, young and brilliant and easily influenced by outside forces. She'd mentioned to Flint the last time that they'd met that she was sure someone would have picked the boy up - Arno's idea that the kid might have enough power in whatever organization he'd aligned with to be sending out others was an interesting one - especially if the newcomer was as young as he sounded.

"I think we were just wrapping up," she said, in much the same vein as Flint's "What's your game, kid?" They both wanted to know who this was - and what he wanted with the Demon. Teja wanted to know who he was allied with, after all. Just in case.

She hoped she'd never need that information.

User avatar
Aeros
Jr. Member
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:45 am
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by Aeros » Sun May 05, 2019 6:25 pm

EISENALDER COMMUNICATIONS, NEW YORK
Show time.

Brock supposed he had to give a little thanks to the maniac running around the island, stringing cops up by their briefs like they were a part of a God-damn vaudeville act. The event itself was perfect cover, provided perfect circumstances for the Osprey to stalk his prey. People were cooped up in roosts of their own, afraid to walk the streets for fear of being mistaken for someone else, something else. Of course, there were also the vigilantes who welcomed the news, embraced the night with something to prove.

All of that was the game on the ground. The air was a different story.

Far above the skyline of Manhattan, Brock moved in on his target. Klaus Fischer, manager of the Eisenalder Communications branch within the island. The urban hellscape that was New York City was a far cry from his home country of Germany, and LaVerne knew that. He'd spent time profiling the kraut son-of-a-bitch, learned his routine. For example— Fischer got himself a cup of joe, every morning without fail from the coffee shop the company had placed within the ground floor of their building. It hadn't taken the pilot long to stop the man on his way back from the stand, trap him at a choke point in the route to his office. It had taken him even less time to slip a biogel tracker in the moron's coffee after a small "mix-up" with the cops.

That had all happened that very morning. It wouldn't take long for Klaus to shit the tracker out, which made tonight's outing a necessity.

The Osprey touched down upon the roof of the building with little fanfare, the hooked talons upon his boots digging into the concrete ledge he perched himself upon. It felt weird, sitting there like an oversized gargoyle, but it was also comfortable— it natural to be back up in the skies after all this time. He welcomed the escape.

Using the modified flight helmet's HUD interface, Brock acquired his target across the breadth of a second after a quick pulse of sonar. The structure of the building was outlined, processed, and reconstructed before being shrunken down to a corner of his vision.

"Plane's been booked, Klaus," Brock muttered, staring at the highlighted blip within the internals of the building. bingo.

"All that's left now is boarding."

With a push of his legs, LaVerne entered freefall.

Schmidt's office was upon the fourth floor, which meant the pilot had ample time to simply exist as the air coursed over his body, furred jacket collar tussling in the wind as he clenched and unclenched his gloved fists, the wings flush against his arms tightening in response. The window he'd marked glew a bright orange, rocketing towards his vision with an accelerating pace; before he could fully reach and pass it, Brock extended the wings and beat them once, a shockwave of air and force emanating from beneath the current of the VANS as they ceased all momentum and shattered the line of windows aross the building.

As glass flew skyward, LaVerne viewed the target in all of his glory, cowering upon the floor from the shockwave that had knocked him off of his feet. The pilot touched down within the room, using the now-open window as a point of easy entry.

<"G-God, oh my G—">

"Your flight has ARRIVED, Herr Fischer!" The Osprey spoke, scrambled voice sounding like the bassy caw of an Eagle as he moved towards his target.

Brock lifted the man up by his shirt collar, his enhanced strength easing the task significantly. Wasn't just good for negating the G-Force, after all.

"Prepare for takeoff, you KRAUT MOTHERFUCKER!"

The engines roared to life. The wings extended outward, and a single downward flap brought them out of the apartment, with Klaus' only saving grace from becoming a stain upon the pavement being the Osprey's very own hand. The German businessman's screams rung out into the night, bringing a soft smirk to the pilot's lips. They hovered in the air outside of the destroyed window for a moment, Schmidt's form dangling in the air.

They didn't have anywhere to be, after all. Brock gave a look down at the platinum watch he'd taken off of another Eisenalder elite he'd visited.

Yeah, I got time.

"RIDE'S ONLY BEGUN, KLAUS! DON'T GET SICK SO EARLY! NOW, TELL ME, IN ENGLISHWHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT VOLKER SCHMIDT?"


User avatar
Behemoth
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:25 am
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by Behemoth » Sun May 05, 2019 9:07 pm

Isaac watched the Savant take off... in the direction Behemoth had just come from. Admittedly, the takeoff was pretty impressive, but Isaac felt no inclination to give chase in kind. He gave a visible show of mock applause as Savant reached the top of the building, which was met by a mock salute that easily brushed on the agent's twenty-year-old sense of reckless honor.

"Oh, you're on."

Without his new partner's acrobatic talent, the Behemoth decided to follow his name and rely on more animal skills. A running start and braced leap brought him across the distance between the roof of the one building and the edge of the fire escape on the next. A flick of his fingers, and his claws extended just in time to dig into the metal and saving him from falling off the side. He slid down, but not far, and in another moment he was climbing up the side in far better time than he'd have been able to run up the stairs. He arrived on the roof just in time to see Savant disappear off the other ledge. Under the helmet, he grinned, before giving chase.

The two of them were about the same size, and Savant had the advantage of lighter gear and more flexibility, but that didn't stop Isaac from slowly gaining ground. He moved along a much straighter line, and paced himself so that he could at least see Savant, even if he didn't quite catch up. Every once in a while, he'd tap on his scanner, looking for any sign of the Daemon.

The first such sign didn't show up on the scanner, instead coming in the form of a scream.

"Savant, hold up," he called, skidding to a stop and tapping both his scanner and his armor again. Though he was pretty sure his partner would've heard the cries, it was a good way to indicate Isaac had heard too, and intended to do something.

He moved to the edge of the building, picking up on life signs, all right - but they didn't seem to fit the Daemon's MO. For one, they were airborne. Isaac was pretty sure that if the Daemon could fly, he'd have heard about that. No, this was something else. Two somethings else, one carrying the other by the collar of his shirt over the street. The bird motif of the carry-er was pretty obvious, and, obviously, it gave Isaac ideas. After all, the guy was obviously scaring whoever he'd snagged pretty bad, and one mistake and the unarmored human would go plummeting to the sidewalk below. He looked at his new partner, grinning like the idiot he was under the mask.

"Watch this."

Running start, fairly loud, but perfectly timed. His claws were already extended. A small flex of the legs, a crouch, a pounce - and he was airborne, and falling, streamlining his body toward the bird figure just as it passed underneath. The timing was such that, as long as birdbrains didn't change his flight pattern, the red claws of Isaac's gloves would sink easily into the jetpack, adding uncalculated weight to the flying mass. He wasn't quite sure what he'd do if he caught, even less what he'd do if he missed, but hey, he could act on the spur of the moment every once in a while, couldn't he?

If I do manage this, I hope Sav's watching. If I don't, I really, really hope he isn't.
Job 40:15

User avatar
Lord of Nothing
Jr. Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by Lord of Nothing » Sun May 05, 2019 10:22 pm

Image
"So eh, young lady, I gotta ask you, why are you here? I feel like if you wanted to kill me we wouldn't be having this conversation."

"Well, they were in the way. And I saw this a good way to introduce myself. And I wanted to talk to you."

"Yeah. Finding competent fucking help these days is pretty hard. But you didn't answer my question...why are you here, young lady."
Image
"I came here for a job! You want somebody dead right? The same guy who's been making all those insignia's everywhere. Judging from your lack of a competent workforce."

"Oh boy. We've really gone to shit if I'm hirin' a kid for this kind of work. But I'll humor you doll face."

Literally, Styx was as pale as a doll and dressed like one too. Idly, she wiped the blood of the boss' men onto her knife and looked at him cooly, but showing a bit of her contained eagerness. The man went on.

"I have a bit of a bat problem, or something. Or something like that. To be honest I dunno what his whole motif is supposed to be and frankly I don't give a damn. So, I want you to bring me his head or you know what? Not even that. Just hurt him a little for me and bring back some proof. And I'll pay ya. Twenty five Gs for a flesh wound. A hundred for his head. Hows that sound, huh?"

Her giant smile was finally unleashed, as she beamed at the "boss."

"WOW! That sounds like a great deal!Thanks Mister! I promise not to let you down" There was a pause. "As long as you keep your promise."

She runs giggles and runs off, almost literally disappearing into the shadows outside of the hotel room. The man smokes a cigarette, left to his own thoughts.

What a shame.

A kid shouldn't be that good. But hey, at least she was nice enough to hide the bodies and tell him where they are. Makes disposal all the easier, and should make less of a ruckus among the guys.

----

Styx always wondered how it was the world worked, especially this one. This country was another world in itself, alien to the ones she'd lived in during her travels she vaguely remember to be throughout Eastern Europe and the Middle East. If she knew anything though, she knew that the man had clearly meant something. He was a symbol. Pictures and actions were universal languages.This man obviously didn't like the police around here for some reason. Why? She didn't really know, and it didn't matter that much to her. She had to make end's meet.

Violence attracted her. She found the familiarity of gunfire all too comforting in this foreign land. It always seemed to find her, so why not enjoy it. And it served her here, as the sound of a sniper helped her pinpoint the location of her target. She'd noticed something awfully dark and no normal person probably would have noticed it. She wouldn't have noticed it either, if big brother hadn't pointed it out to her. "There" he said, as he pointed.

She aimed the BAR 1918 at her prey, the tip of it's iron sight perfectly aligning with it's target. Her breath was steady and calm, ever able to softly squeeze the trigger. It barely swayed at all, as it rested on the edge of the rooftop, at her prey.

Gee, Mister you sure are far away! I don't think it matters how good a shot I am. I can't peg you from here! Guess I'll have to get closer.

She picks the rifle up, on her shoulder, and decidedly moves along, going down to the ground floor and slowly. "Over here" her brother would point and she would move through the cities tight alleyways at just the right moments. Like something of a shadow, she moved just outside of people's perceptions, moving at such right timing as to sprint across the street without anything catching her, cameras going fuzzy as she cut the wiring to them on her passing. The fact that people seemed scared to be outside helped. Some thugs even seemed to take the police's brutalization as opportunity for more robberies. Less eyes on them and it made things all the easier on folk like Styx.

"We're getting closer." Big brother says.
Bashanipal,The Accursed
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond
Styx, The Bullet Witch
Sudden Death, Malcom the Merciful
HossDaBoss,The Backyard Drug Lord
Belle, Delighted Fledgling of the Damned
Auspex, Your Friendly Neighborhood Domestic Terrorist
Mera The Merciless,A Once God of War
Ms. Mayhem, The Mayor of beatdown town
Ultra, The Psycho Crusher

User avatar
ODIN
Sandbox Councillor
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:45 am
Location: Too deep in self doubt
Contact:

Re: Purge [OPEN]

Post by ODIN » Mon May 06, 2019 1:29 am

M E S S A G E
As the Vessel repositioned he noticed that the Demon's gaze had followed, despite no mention of movement from his partner. It seemed that they were both able to observe him now, it had simply taken the Demon longer. The observation was noted, but not addressed, now was not the time. Rather both Docesznic and the Demon had turned to him, putting an end to their current conversation. Leaving the floor open for him. Very well.

First the questions, the currently relevant ones at least. The Demon's current operations, and the body that lay beaten on the ground. Woden had claimed he was "one of the good ones" but when one examined the greater picture of the Guardian, Exelsus and the Demon, certain character... instabilities became rather clear. Before any verdict could be drawn upon how effective his methods were or if they should be stopped, there needed to be some clarification.

"This new method of yours... going after crooked cops, there are concerns that you're dismantling the system in the wrong way. Targeting the symptoms, not the disease. Corruption isn't a system that can be punched away, it's ingrained too deep. It keeps small crime in check. Removing these officers doesn't hurt the ones paying them, just makes it easier for those that don't to operate. So what's your endgame with this?" The question hung in the air for a moment. He wasn't being accused, rather questioned. For that wasn't the main purpose of his visit. Rather it was more for the Vessel himself, to get a better understanding of the Demon.

There was a second subject, the reason he'd been sent and the reason he'd wanted to wait to converse with him alone. "There is another matter, however," He paused, not Woden, not when Docesznic already knew he was attached to Gestalt. That was a shame in some ways, for the matter of Docesznic's presence could have very well been a positive. While unexpected, it presented the opportunity to approach her simultaneously. But to spread the knowledge any thinner than it already was couldn't be tolerated. When the situation proved ideal for Docesznic to be approached, it would be like the rest, under the guise of Woden. "Gestalt is seeking... consultation. He sent me to learn if you were privy to the location of Eris Rushmore. The reasons, as well as his more recent activity, is on a strictly need-to-know basis."
Wilde Jagd
ODIN
A sinner without a past
The Vessel
A machine without a home

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests