Ground Zero [Open Event]

Roleplay locations.
Post Reply
User avatar
Alpha
Newbie
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground Zero [Open Event]

Post by Alpha » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:17 am

The Alpha's heart rate tripled, as she saw Eliza hurl the vial towards the scientists. Her attention shifted entirely away from the fight, her trust in Zulu absolute enough that she didn't feel the need to watch. Calm was slow to return, even when she heard the thud of the reinforced glass hit the ground.

"Eliza," she said, voice loud enough to be heard by nearly everyone. "That was very irresponsible. Besides, they're wearing suits, and we aren't. If that had broken, we would have been infected, and not them."

As she spoke, the Apex perused the selection of pathogens. Smallpox. Ebola. Lassa. Even ones she'd not heard of, like Crimean-Congo hemmorhagic fever. They were kept behind reinforced glass, but knowing this full-well, she'd packed tools to crack them open. A small blowtorch was employed to destroy the lock, and the rest of the diseases freed.

Moving quickly but carefully, Lucia began taking viruses out of the cabinet, and placing them into their transportation devices. She had three metal boxes, all triple-locked, each with room for two rows of four vials. Selecting the worst ones first, those that caused the most suffering, spread the furthest, or were the hardest to treat, she soon found that she'd have a surplus of samples. Once all twelve slots were filled, she gestured Eliza over.

"Take one box, and you can start working on the scientists as test subjects. If Jean wants the other box, it's his. Make sure to take the suits off them, first, and leave at least one intact for me."

Her expression softened a touch. "I look forward to seeing whatever it is you create."

Standing, the remaining boxes stowed in her bag, the Alpha turned away. One finger was pressed to her communicator, in her ear.

"Fredrick. What's your status?"

User avatar
Annasiel
Administrator
Posts: 5261
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:40 am
Gender: Female
Location: Lost in the Will.
Contact:

Re: Ground Zero [Open Event]

Post by Annasiel » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:18 am

"It was just E. Coli!" Eliza retorted, somewhat huffy. "It'd only hurt us if we, like, swallowed it or got it in cuts or something, and I know you're not that stupid."

She crossed her arms, foot tapping frantically.

"I just wanted to scare 'em a bit..."

At the sight of the open cabinet, however, her evident discomfort immediately faded, replaced by pure, unbridled enthusiasm. She took the box in careful arms, almost like a mother taking her child for the first time. Fingers touched the labels, lips reading them off soundlessly, moving faster and faster with each vial she identified. She then looked up at Alpha, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

"This is perfect, oh, thank you so much, I've got so many ideas! I need to get back into the lab, they have some equipment I can use. Be right back!"

She hurried through the decontamination chamber, hesitating when she saw the two fighting it out in the next room over, bathed in seas of dissipating mist.

"Can you two quit it? I need some quiet," she said. The little doctor stepped out into the lab, unperturbed by the conflict, and fully confident that Zulu and Gamma would listen to her. People often did.
"Life is a constant process of dying."

Schopenhauer fucking wept.

User avatar
Praeceps
Newbie
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground Zero [Open Event]

Post by Praeceps » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:42 am

MAVU HIGH ALERT

BSL-4 RESEARCH SITE "WASHINGTON" BREACHED. SECURITY COUNTERMEASURES ENGAGED.

OPERATIONAL OVERSEERS GATHERED AT BLACK BUNKER COMMAND SITE.

γ
A familiar voice cut through the mist. It was one he neither wished to recollect nor address, and rather than respond to the monstrous source of the noise, Gamma kept quiet. A harsh, fleeting look of disdain and contempt was flashed Jean's way, but no more effort was expended in the operative's hatred.

So, this is why they are here. He is why they attacked this facility in particular, and why they were able to cut through our defenses like they were never there.

Two steps were taken towards the still-misted exit of the decontamination chamber. Before he could fully exit the storage ward, however, movement came from his flank; reflexively, Gamma turned and coiled the hydraulic braces within his prosthetics once more, small indentations in the tiled floor being left as a result of the sheer force of the operative's legs. His attacker's blade cut through air, its mono-molecular blade shaving a fine layer of reinforced polymer off of his right shin but doing little else as Veigneur tucked his knees inward and flipped in place, outright avoiding the blade slash which sought to cleave his body in twain. With his reflexes tested and drained, however, he was open to another counter-attack; the leg kick came crashing down with incredible force, slamming into his temple and sending him onto the work counter where he lay still for a moment, concussed.

Out of reflex, Gamma forced his body to move. The arduous condition he sustained under Praeceps had ultimately proven its worth, in the end, as Henri's palms shot down onto the counter and pushed off, his legs brought in, then out for a two-foot kick directed at his cybernetic attacker's torso. The intent was to merely distract him, for Gamma followed up this kick with a roll off of the counter and onto the floor.

Rolling once more to his feet, the operative sprinted towards the decontamination chamber and leapt into the mist, emerging through the cloud into the lab not a moment later. If the small girl was in his way, he would ruthlessly sprint through her, given the situation at hand warranting a lack of caution.
α | β
"Arriving at LZ. Prepare your rappel systems. Southwestern rooftop."

It had only been a short time since Aleph had last seen the Alpha. The wounds were still fresh. She still couldn't speak, communicating only in gestures, head movements, facial expressions, or ASL; the wound in her throat had healed over, but still required bandaging in case anything tore open while in combat. Frankly, Hudson felt scared for her. At the bar, the Alpha had spared her, opting for a non-lethal strike on the jugular. This time? He didn't think they'd be so lucky. You maim to prove a point, and then you kill from then on. He knew the routine.

Aleph, however, didn't. Or, she didn't want to.

"You ready?" Beta asked, hooking his cable up to the railing atop the open entryway of the helicopter. Shira looked over to him for a moment, her expression calm.

Too calm. Like she was repressing something.

A hand was raised, and the OK symbol was flashed his way before she, too, hooked up her line to the helicopter. Over the whir of the engines, each operative heard the pilot's words clear.

"Clear."

Meier was first, having practically already leapt out before the go-ahead was given. Hudson followed suit, gloved hands sliding along the wire as he rapidly descended to the fast-approaching concrete of the site's rooftop. The two landed, detached, and readied their guns; from Aleph's hip came an MP9, and from Beta's shoulder came a classic mossberg— the shells of which were incendiary, for maximum destruction of any sort of classified material the Pack wanted to get their hands on.

The two took note of other presences upon the rooftop, but ultimately did not care. They weren't here to ask questions. Only to act.

User avatar
Alpha
Newbie
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground Zero [Open Event]

Post by Alpha » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:51 pm

"You're quite welcome," Lucia responded, a smile gracing her lips as Eliza ran past. The expression faded quickly, as she saw Gamma follow, fleeing his assailant. Without looking back at Zulu, she raised one hand in his direction, fingers forming the sign for 'stop' in the group's informal sign-language code. Not the sort of thing that could be properly taught- the best way to learn it was simply to observe the signals, and how the rest of the team reacted to them.

The gesture transitioned into something else, with the Alpha reaching for the quiver of arrows at her back. She selected a grapnel arrowhead, and the mechanical quiver connected it to the arrow shaft, before it slid neatly into her hand. With a fluid, practiced motion, she raised her bow and took aim.

Veigneur's prosthetics were advanced. That meant he was fast. Faster than any human could hope to be, with his legs tuned to perfect mechanical efficiency that even the Alpha couldn't hope to achieve naturally. Of course, she had little interest in cybernetics. Having seen dozens of apocalypses in her mid's eye, she knew that being reliant on technology in a world where those who maintain that sort of thing are all dead is worse than a death sentence. Better to be reliant only upon herself.

Besides, Operative Gamma might be fast, but he wouldn't be able to outrun the Queenbreaker bow. With the magnetic accelerators fully charged, her arrows was loosed moving faster than a bullet, the fluid cable connecting the arrowhead to her bow. Her intend was to hit next to the shoulderblade, and then use the bow to reel Gamma in, dragging him past the Little Doctor.

"Sedate him," she said, pitching her voice upwards so Eliza could hear. If Gamma was properly incapacitated, she'd disconnect the line and turn her attention elsewhere.

No word from Joyous. She turned back to Zulu.

"We have what we came for. Retrieve Fredrick, and meet me on the roof."

Next, to Jean, and Eliza.

"Finish whatever it is you're working on, and quickly. Ideally, I'd like something deployable before we leave- aerosolized would be ideal. Still, better to preserve the samples for future experimentation than waste them. Once you're done... the roof."

That just left Lucia herself. The arrival of a helicopter hadn't gone unnoticed, and unless MAVU had more covert-operations units than she suspected, the two people she marked with thermal imaging were likely Aleph, and the man who'd arrived to save her.

"I'm going to go clear the exfil zone. Best of luck."

As she headed towards the roof access stairwell, Lucia began stretching. As she did so, another 'track' of her mind began a quick inventory of her equipment. Bow and quiver. Knives. Sidearm. Napalm grenades.

Yet another was evaluating threat levels of her soon-to-be-opponents. Aleph was a known factor, one Lucia was confident she could beat. The other woman had lost even with the Alpha tranquilized, bereft of her powers, and without any of her usual equipment. Carpenter... had killed Calvin. But Black Ice had been powerful-but-slow. The Apex's reaction time was far superior. Not to mention the fact that she'd thought through murdering him nearly a hundred times since New York. No, the other man was the real 'X factor.' Likely enhance in some way that qualified him for this mission, but other than that she had no information.

A different part of her mind was almost always thinking about the team. Nothing specific, just an ever-active evaluation of their physical and mental states.

As the door came closer, she began disabling those alternate 'tracks.' She was no less effective in combat with them running- that was the whole point. Her brain was a next-generation model, able to sustain multiple independent lines of thought at once, through activating all of her brain at once. However, when she instead directed all those parts towards one goal, she was roughly nine times as effective as she usually was.

The Predator activated her lenses, getting a sense of her targets' locations. Of course, Jason had his own, similar tech. She'd familiarized herself with his arsenal in New York, before the hunt had began, though after his larger group had surfaced it was no-doubt upgraded. That meant the element of surprise was gone- but she could still get the first strike.

With one hand, the Alpha selected a barbed arrow, with an armor-piercing tip. She fired not half a second later, directly through the door. It was aimed at Jason's torso, and the hook-like blades on the arrowhead would make removing it not only gut-wrenchingly painful, but more difficult, as it would likely catch on flesh or organ when he tried to pull it out.

The door would slam open moments after, and the Hunter emerged, firing off six rounds from her P226 Legion. Three for Alpeh, aimed at the center of mass. Another three for Beta, directed at his kneecaps, the intention being to cripple him before the fight could even begin.

That wasn't the end of what Lucia did, though. Following her initial strike, she holstered the gun- her bow and quiver left in the stairwell so as not to encumber her- and darted towards Aleph. The idea was to get within melee range, so they wouldn't have the opportunity to fire on her without hitting an ally.

"Been a while, Omega. I hope you haven't missed me too badly."

User avatar
Annasiel
Administrator
Posts: 5261
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:40 am
Gender: Female
Location: Lost in the Will.
Contact:

Re: Ground Zero [Open Event]

Post by Annasiel » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 am

Eliza obeyed the order, if somewhat begrudgingly. Tossing the box of diseases to the side -- the glass before had proven strong enough to handle abuse, and she didn't really have the patience to walk all the way to a table -- she turned towards the approaching man, left hand exploding into a fury of tools. From the tangled mess, a worn needle rose to the top, tip glinting dully under florescents.

Injury at his shoulder. Two limbs incapacitated. Frightened, and prone to act irrationally.

Quick as a snake, the little doctor struck, body arcing out to wrap around the wounded man. She clasped one hand tight behind his neck, fingertips digging beneath his flesh, her legs wrapping around his waist like a lopsided belt.

"Stay still, this needle's a bit dull. Don't want any metal in your blood, right? That'd be horrible!" she chirped, shoving the syringe at her victim's throat.
"Life is a constant process of dying."

Schopenhauer fucking wept.

User avatar
Azra
Sr. Member
Posts: 980
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground Zero [Open Event]

Post by Azra » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:48 am

Gunfire came first a quartet of gunfire right beside Quiver's ear. There was some advantages to this it did suggest he didn't have the caliber enough to place the archer at risk. He was looking to human ingenuity to make up for the lapse in firepower. She did however have to deal with the affects of such a move. Do to her durability the harm wasn't there it wasn't the kind of sound to make earth have a tremor there was though an echo. Not only was it loud but it carried through her head in a nauseating loop making thinking all that comprehensibly an almost futile effort. While it didn't hurt it did place her on instinct alone, right now not able to think for a moment. Then another attack was coming, moving at a normal pace and then jumping up in velocity for a kick.

Push off the tile floor toward a wall, move the bow for a guarding stance to help absorb the kick. The strength of herself mixed in with the speed of the kick to help assist her in the move that came to mind. It wasn't really a plan or strategy so much as an instinctual thought of what she could endure and what others could not. Her bow chipped some it's metal straining some from the force, while the speed of it mixed with Elektra's own and her strength as she tossed herself into the already structurally unsound corridor.

What followed was a further cave in, starting near the original door blasted in and spreading through the hall. A series of concrete, tile, office supplies and furniture looking to help box the trio in. The wall she struck failing to stand leading the near by office to collapse and add to the attack. Simply designed to try and crush everyone around, well everyone besides her who could withstand the crushing weight. As the attack came some of the debris would break a canister on Elektra's hip.

Hissing into the confined space was a mixture of flammable fuel and gas. It would spread through the air and as her ears still rang she went for the instinctual action of hers. A nail dragged along the floor creating a spark. From this spawned an ignition looking to set fire to the collapsed hall and office. They were going to work together and with her ears an echo chamber of a cave her instinct just went for a simple answer, they breathed and she did not. So a fire would look to consume what little oxygen there might be. Especially when a speedster likely only helped thin it out do to how rapidly they drew air in as a side effect.

User avatar
Praeceps
Newbie
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground Zero [Open Event]

Post by Praeceps » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:09 pm

MAVU HIGH ALERT

BSL-4 RESEARCH SITE "WASHINGTON" BREACHED. SECURITY COUNTERMEASURES ENGAGED.

OPERATIVE GAMMA NEUTRALIZED.

.γ.
Not only two steps after Gamma bounded into the lab room, his right leg snapped.

He should have predicted it, really— the integrity of the prosthetic had been entirely compromised by the first sword slice, and the structure had been damaged even further by the second. It was a matter of time, then, until his other leg met a similar fate from overexertion. The operative stumbled from his limb's catastrophic failure but ultimately caught himself upon the counter near the laboratory's exit, his prosthetics sliding across the inferno that had gathered upon the metal tabletop and knocking over a melting bottle of alcohol. He forced himself away from the wall, pressing onwards to the doorway as his right leg limped, but not before taking a bottle of unlit ethanol.

The arrow was through his shoulder before he could even realize something had struck him.

A fine crimson mist jetted out into the lab space in front of Veigneur's body, the magnetically-enhanced trajectory of the projectile punching through his chest like a knife through paper. He stopped— the force of the impact sent him forward, however, and nearly tripped him as his eyes widened and slowly drifted down to the arrow that had shunted through the muscle and bone in his chest. His lab coat, once a fine tailored white, had been stained by a festering pool of dark red that crept down his shoulder and ran rivulets of blood down the right sleeve, the cloth shredded around the wound and exposing mangled flesh and tendon. Gamma dropped the alcohol to the ground and let it roll behind him, raising a hand cautiously as his fingers moved towards the tip of the projectile in disbelief.

Pain and existence became one. All he could think of was the agony, but he did not scream. He did not yell. He simply let out a stifled grunt, forcing himself to take another step forward before the arrowhead pulled back, releasing another jet of red as he was forcefully restrained and fell to the ground. His other leg snapped, this time, the mechanisms failing to stop him from being tossed around like a lifeless object; there was the distinct sound of a reel snapping as his senses swam, the operative pushing himself against a steel counter and letting a rictus sweep across his face. A silhouette approached, his vision tunnelling as he forced himself to regain focus and stare at the figure that had descended upon him.

A hand— no, a claw— drew crimson from his already blood-glossed neck. Arms wrapped around his chest, constricting breath and putting even more pressure upon the wound within his shoulder and collarbone. This newfound pain drew a sharp yell from Gamma, but it also invigorated him, adrenaline coursing through his body and mind as his senses sharpened. The blunted tip of an injector seeking to cut into his throat—

Gamma's right hand latched onto the girl's own, the edge of the hypodermic needle pressing into his skin and threatening to break through but ultimately failing, the dulled nature of the tool requiring more force to penetrate his flesh and pierce his jugular.

The girl had already lost one eye to the fire. He would take the other himself.

With precision aided by the advanced nature of his prosthesis, Henri raised his free hand and darted his fingers towards the girl's face, seeking to pluck out her eyeball from its socket in a single, fluid motion.

His last act of defiance.

User avatar
Deus Mortis
Member
Posts: 428
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:06 am
Contact:

Re: Ground Zero [Open Event]

Post by Deus Mortis » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:37 am

Another unsatisfactory slice.

The fine polymer shaving wouldn’t have the time to reach the ground. Not before a solid heel landed solidly against his target’s temple.

Zulu had restrained himself on the kick. While he had ample ability to kick with enough force to dent plates of metal, such a hit against a mostly human target would kill them. Baseline skulls had remarkable resistance against trauma but thousands of years of evolution was not infallible. While he knew the man had prosthetic limbs, an ill-placed assumption that he was as artificial as the Cybernetic Swordsman could prove disastrous. He couldn’t risk it. He needed Gamma alive.

Retaliation came in the form of an unorthodox, prosthetic-boosted kick. Or kicks, rather. Henri had been fast enough to dodge a man going at bullet-speed. What happens when you combine that velocity potential with an unconventional tactic? You get hit. Partially anyways.

Had Zulu not dipped into his amplification the kicks would have landed and likely left some form of dent in the middle of his torso. There was a graceful pivot as he sidestepped the kick, leading into an upwards sword slash poised to bisect the Prosthetic Doctor from the middle of his thighs.

A mono-molecular would slice straight through the air.

Another inadequate slash.

Hunts like these once invigorated Zithulele. Where difficulty came in surprise spawned from the underestimating of one’s prey. They challenged him then just as they did now, though they lacked the same excitement they once had. The once-clear purpose of the Hunt has long-since lost its way.

Zulu pursued his prey. The idea of simply teleporting somewhere in front of Gamma to avoid the brief blinding effect of the fog tugged at his mind for a moment before receding. While beneficial for the moment, he had little idea how many hidden cameras MAVU had set up within this building. Affording them any unnecessary knowledge would be a mistake.

With amplified might Zulu would launch himself over the desk and straight towards Gamma. He’d emerge through the fog just as he did a few seconds before with a mind fully intent on disabling his target once and for all. That one-hundred focus would break the moment his eyes spotted Alpha’s sign.

Without a word, he’d disengage. His eyes wouldn’t bother to follow the arrow Alpha fired at Gamma.

Torn flesh. Broken chunks of bone clattering onto the ground. A thump. His ears confirmed the hit; just as they confirmed his next orders.

With a new objective, he’d would rush out of the room, allowing The Little Doctor and Jean to deal with Gamma as they saw fit. Alpha and Zulu might have been the most capable for combat within their group but Eliza was still terribly lethal on her own. Jean? He’d be a respectable distraction. One with enough sense to let the rest of The Pack know if the two were having trouble with Gamma.

His amplifications shortened the time it took to reach Frederick. Even more so with how easy it was to find him. Bits of debris, both wood and stone, littered the area. The caved-in remains of what was once an office lay in front of Zulu. Rays of orange light shined through the cracks of this “box”, a fire having sparked within the incidental arena burning with enough ferocity to make thermal-imaging ineffective, removing a possible advantage. Fortunately, he wasn’t here to absolutely destroy every and any opponent he came across. He was here to retrieve Frederick.

He’d sheath his sword and easily remove several pieces of ruined furniture and concrete tiles that blocked the way towards Frederick. A moderate hole within the makeshift barriers would reveal Frederick and another man teaming up to fight some female opponent Zulu had never seen. Somehow, The Pack’s Enlightened Man found a friend. Luck appeared to be on his side.

Zulu would unholster his sidearm and take aim at one of the side’s of the boxed-in area, letting an energy bolt blast a chunk off of whatever it hit. A warning shot to Quiver but a beckoning call to Frederick.

User avatar
Joyous
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:44 am
Contact:

Re: Ground Zero [Open Event]

Post by Joyous » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:44 am

Fredrick hopped back instantly as he saw his ally leaping in for the kick, repositioning before he got caught up in the attack. One that sent the durable fighter flying across the corridor and slamming into the wall. His acoustic volley might not have done the damage he would have liked, but it did a fine enough job setting the speedster up.

Of course, what he couldn't have expected was how much damage the archer's collision would do. His eyes shot up as he was the ceiling begin to shake, realizing too late what was about to happen. He wouldn't have time to run, and dodging everything would be almost impossible. So he did what made sense and merely stood still. Afterall luck was on his side, he could not be harmed. It was not up to chance, for this moment reality would bend for him. Large pieces of rubble struck the ground around him, debris raining from above as he simply stood there. His smile unwavering as every stray pebble or spot of dust seemed to avoid him. Eventually, the torrent subsided, and Joyous stood untouched.

However while the rocks spared him, there was something he was unable to avoid. As the fire began to spread out he felt the heat begin to lick him, forcing him away from the pile of rubble the woman was under. While the simple flames might not have been as overall destructive as the collapsing office, it was rather effective at keeping him away.

While his clean suit protected him from smoke inhalation, the fire was never the less annoying to navigate. He couldn't get over to her, and his gun was unable to cause any significant damage, a rather unfortunate situation.

It was then that some debris started to shift and Fredrick saw a familiar figure open up a gap in the wall. He didn't say a word, but it was clear that the time had come. They were leaving, there wasn't any reason to stick around stalling her any longer. Very well, that at least saved him the hassle of getting over to her.

"I appreciate the help stranger, as it's so rare to meet good samaritans in this line of business, but it appears it's time for me to go. But I do hope to see you around. Try not to parish in the superplague." Before attempting to leave he turned around and gave a small bow to the speedster. Perhaps he'd be able to learn the man's name next time, and why he'd decided to help them.

Walking over to Zulu he kept an eye on the archer, just in case she tried to follow up him. Leaving unfinished business was always unfortunate, but this wasn't the time to stay around and chat. People had a way of running into each other, and there was a pretty good chance he'd encounter one of them later again. "I assume everything went well on your end?" He asked the cyborg, neither expecting nor needing a response. They were extracting, not retreating, which likely meant they had gotten what they needed.

He hadn't taken much damage throughout the fight, there was the arrow through his palm, which wasn't great, but other than that he'd only taken a couple of bruises. It was a shame he'd had to leave so early, his luck was beginning to rev up in a major way. Alas, that would have to wait for another day.
"Can someone tell him to stop FUCKING smiling?"

User avatar
Reyn
Community Mod
Posts: 4407
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:59 pm
Location: Asleep
Contact:

Re: Ground Zero [Open Event]

Post by Reyn » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:27 pm

The table hit Mouthface directly in the face (and the mouth, for that matter), sending him crashing against the back wall. It had certainly damaged him, that fact was clear, but it hadn't killed him. Damage, however life-threatening, would not be enough to stop him. As with the other intern, this one would have to be killed. As long as there was even the tiniest amount of fight left in him, he would use that fight for Jean. Loyalty at its most absolute. The serum could be fantastic if it weren't used for such nefarious purposes.

Mouthface dragged his body out from behind the table, glaring at the woman who threw it with the few eyes of his that hadn't been irreparably crushed. The rigidity in his facial structure was gone; the impact from the table had fractured quite a lot of the cartilage inside each of the segments, leaving many of them hanging limp and broken-toothed whilst the rest seized up in pain.

Damaged, but not dead.

Somehow finding the strength within him to move, he dashed across the floor towards his target, using the sharp hooks at the end of the less-damaged segments to hopefully drive into her neck, or at least dent the armour a little bit. Whilst at this proximity, the central mouth would attempt to close around her head... but it was very, very unlikely that he would succeed with this task. Mouthface only knew what he had to do, not whether he was able to do it.

----

No response. How impolite. Jean couldn't see Julien's face through the mist, so the glare of disdain was entirely lost on him. Still, the mere thought of it was enough to keep him entertained for now. He had seen enough looks of disgust flashed his way to know the structure of them by heart; the creases of raised lips, the furrowed brow over an angry stare, the twitching eyes that looked on in rage and disbelief... Jean remembered exactly how Julien's face looked, and morphing the mental image into a look of hatred wasn't difficult at all. He was always so visually-minded, after all. So adept at thinking of ways in which to change the human face.

Alpha's words brought Jean out of his strange fantasy, directing his attention towards a box of vials- presumably what they were there to collect. He smiled, quickly pushing the needle into the neck of the researcher by his side, injecting the Indigo Serum into him as he had done with the others. As soon as the needle was drained, Jean let the man go, giving a small gesture towards the group of researchers at the back of the room.

"I want you to take the four... best-looking researchers from over there and lead them to the decontamination chamber." He said "Just wait in there until I come back, okaaaaay~? Seal the front entrance while you're at it, as well. I know what you MAVU lot are like about safety..."

He then turned to Julien, who seemed somewhat occupied with Eliza. Jean approached the two of them, somewhat curious to find out what was happening and whether Eliza needed much help in subduing the man (which was something he doubted quite severely; the girl was frighteningly capable, even to him). Despite his doubts, it seemed that Eliza was having a hard time sedating the man as instructed; the needle she used was shockingly dulled, to the point where it wouldn't go into the flesh no matter how hard it was pushed. He sighed, walking up behind the two, and decidedly ignoring Julien's attempt to take the eye of his companion.

"Having trouble with the injection there, lass?" Jean asked "Ah, there's no need to stress. This kind of thing is my... area of expertise, to put it one way."

Also, his needles were sharp.

In a single, fluid motion, Jean brought himself close to the back of Julien's neck, relying on Eliza's presence on his back to prevent the man from stopping his movement. He took another needle out from his coat sleeve, bringing it down against Julien's neck with flick of his wrist. If successful, the needle would inject the anaesthetic into his neck.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest