[LOCATION] London

Roleplay locations.
Reyn
BBCode Guru

[LOCATION] London

Post by Reyn » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:44 am

London
The most populated city in the United Kingdom, London is (naturally) home to a few rather curious characters. Whilst it's not quite as... uh... action-packed as some of the bigger cities in the States, London is still no stranger to the unnatural; it's just not taken particularly seriously, is all. Potentially cataclysmic events are only really considered if they could cause damage to the tube, and scuffles between low-powered heroes are often passed off as just drunk students who got a bit too rowdy after a night at 'Spoons. The only thing that really gets people worked up is if they see a certain blue phone box parked on a street corner... but that's just a publicity stunt. Aliens? Choosing London of all places? Get real.

There is a relatively low population of what we would consider 'superheroes' in London, partly due to the lower population of the country as a whole, and partly due to the lower crime rates reducing the need for such services. Still, that's not to say that it's perfectly safe, however. There are still some people you should watch out for, as with any place. It's just a little more toned-down than what some people are used to.
Last edited by Reyn on Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBCode Guide | BBCode Templates | Art Thread | Test House
Yes, my posts look broken on mobile.

Gilgamesh

Re: [LOCATION] London

Post by Gilgamesh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:25 am

illirica wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:02 pm
--
Hyde Park, London.

When Tyria arrived at the specified location, within the park, she'd find the Undying Warrior's soon-to-be-former companion waiting for her. Miranda Singh was an Indian woman in her early seventies, with her hair done up in a tight bun. When she saw the monster-hunter approaching, she'd nod curtly, and smile. "Come, sit. We have much to discuss."

If the woman followed Miranda to a park bench, she'd notice that the aforementioned Gilgamesh was seemingly nowhere in sight.

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:04 am

Looking around on a map, desperately trying to find a place, Lewis physically gulped and sighed; there was no way he could find the supposed famed detective agency. To be honest: he still wasn’t sure how he GOT there in the first place, but after asking around, he caught wind of a creepy skeleton detective in the area that nobody else wanted to talk to. “Perhaps this was my opportunity...” he thought to himself at the time.

But after a few hours of searching, he ran dry. Tired, he went and got himself a hot chocolate, despite the fact that it was summer, and decided to drink it on the way to his original location, where he finally discovered it; The Locke and Key Detective Agency.
He pushed open the door, unaware of what was going to happen next

Sandbox Characters
Anti-Virus
Trojan
Golden Falcon

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:25 am

Hyde Park, London.

When Tyria arrived at the specified location, within the park, she'd find the Undying Warrior's soon-to-be-former companion waiting for her. Miranda Singh was an Indian woman in her early seventies, with her hair done up in a tight bun. When she saw the monster-hunter approaching, she'd nod curtly, and smile. "Come, sit. We have much to discuss."

If the woman followed Miranda to a park bench, she'd notice that the aforementioned Gilgamesh was seemingly nowhere in sight.
There was a particularly bizarre sort of person who claimed to be a thousands of years old warrior in need of a traveling companion, and instead of striding confidently on to the battlefield, summoning his thanes to his fortress, dispatching bespelled message-hawks, or any of the other traditional miens, he posted about it on the internet. It was practically unfathomable how disjointed such an idea was.

Naturally, of course, Tyria Kuiper had to meet the person responsible. It was entirely possible he was insane, and practically guaranteed that he was interesting. Both, of course, were well-accepted traditions in the spirit of Adventure!

She'd sent off an emailed reply, and been given a location and time at which to arrive. At least that was traditional, even if the interface was not. The woman who met her was older, but there was something about her that suggested both a reserve of toughness and a bastion of experience. Most excellent. Tyria went with her to the bench, unconcerned with the lack of the promised Warrior. After all, every job had an interview process.

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:40 pm

illirica wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:29 pm
--
"As you already know," Miranda began, "My name is Miranda Singh. I first met Gilgamesh during the Vietnam War- I was working as a field medic, and he was placed into my care. This was because his wounds seemed to be fatal, and no other doctor wanted to risk having their perfect record spoiled. After the war was over, he offered me a position traveling with him, and I accepted, having little in the way of a career in medicine, being a woman of foreign descent." A soft smile. "The best way to think of it is like... that show they make here. I can't recall the name- Professor something. The same man, and an ever-changing roster of 'companions.' He says he's had one for thousands of years. I'm inclined to believe him. I know that ads on the internet seem like an odd way to search for a new one, but his usual method is simply to wander around until he meets someone interesting. We both thought it might be worth a try."

An analytical look came over the woman's face. "So. Tell me about yourself. What do you think makes you qualified to be the next in this line of 'companions?' Surely, there is something that sets you apart from the rest."

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:23 pm

"Because I enjoy Adventure!" Tyria said, enthusiastically. "Something that's become harder and harder to find this day and age. Most people only pretend to want adventure, when it's convenient. They don't go out looking for it. Defending a city is all well and good, but it's hardly as much fun as it ought to be. What else? I can make weapons. Armor. I'm quite good in a fight, if I do say so myself, I'm well-acquainted with modern technology as well as archaic methods, and I can compose dirty limericks on the fly."

She grinned, amused, "You won't find someone else so well-qualified." Certainly not for the last bit. No one had much respect for the literary arts any more. It had all become rote. "I can perform dramatic introductions. Every immortal hero needs someone to compose epic poems in their honor, don't they? With me, he gets companion and composer. And for all that, all I want is some excitement."

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:34 pm

Miranda pinched the bridge of her nose, chuckling slightly. "Yes, I think you two are going to get along just fine."

Then, once again, she became serious. "That said, I would urge you not to think of this as a job. Not in the traditional sense. There is no salary involved, no working hours. That said, you'll be entitled to a share of whatever spoils you earn together, and... well, being as old as he is, he's really quite rich, even if he doesn't really care much for wealth. You'll end up better off than you started, but if you come into it waiting for a paycheck,you're ging to be disappointed."

She fell silent, waiting for Tyria's reaction.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:07 am

Tyria stretched her arms over her head, popping her back, not losing the grin even for a moment. "I live in a treehouse in a forest full of monsters that makes most people forget it exists. I dress myself in whatever trophies I take from the corpses of the monsters I kill when I hunt one, and I have been entirely self-sufficient for the last six years. I can't say I have much use for wealth either, but I assure you I will do my best to induce him to supply me with the occasional quality cafe au lait."

She stared up at the sky, folding her hands behind her head, interlocking her fingers and watching the clouds float by. "I didn't come here because I was looking for an employer, Ms. Singh. I came here because I was looking for a companion. Because I should like to be part of an epic."

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:49 am

Miranda simply nodded along, to Tyria's accounting of her exploits. One got the sense, watching her, that she was used to these kinds of... diatribes. "Well, in that case, I'd say you've got your chance." She adjusted her spectacles. "He's over there." In the direction she was pointing, was a man in a flannel shirt, with the sleeves rolled up, practically the picture of a lumberjack. Five-o'clock shadow, hair on the longer side... three vicious-looking scars across his face.

"Might as well go introduce yourself. I have a plane to catch." Miranda stood, turned away, and then paused. "If you have any second thoughts, or need advice, don't hesitate to send me a message. And... perhaps this will never be especially useful advice to you, but I'd advise you never to sleep with him. Just trust me on that." She smiled again. "Good luck."

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:45 pm

"I shall take that under consideration," Tyria assured her, to the complete statement. The last part of it was... rather unlikely, she thought. She was in the adventure for the monster-hunting part. The excitement of the fight. Being someone's Love Interest seemed all too boring, and also generally was a good way of getting oneself killed by the third chapter. Tyria was not particularly minded for her story to end just yet, and was hopeful that whatever writer-deities held sway over her life concurred with the sentiment.

Of course, sometimes, even they could be surprised. She nodded to Ms. Singh as she left to catch her plane. She waited until the woman was out of sight, then apparated herself in front of the man who was likely not a lumberjack, and likely didn't care. She bowed with a flourish, and straightened to look him over. "So. You are Gilgamesh, Immortal Veteran of Innumerable Battles, Undying Warrior, and Voyager of the Internet. I am Tyria Kuiper, Professional Monster Bait and Hunter, and Successor of the First-Stage Interview Process. There we have it. You're not wearing that on an Adventure, are you?"