Where Do the Bees Sleep? [Open RP]

Roleplay locations.
Post Reply
User avatar
SJD-2714
Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:56 am
Contact:

Re: Where Do the Bees Sleep? [Open RP]

Post by SJD-2714 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:46 pm

2714’s assumption was, for the most part, correct. While there surprisingly wasn’t an attempt made to bargain for the life of the hostage he currently held, it stopped an attack from occurring for the time being. He’d bide his time for now, allowing the ringing within his ears to mollify and slowly waiting for his clarity of mind to return.

”Please, you don’t have to do this.” The brown-haired woman in his grasp muttered, the response from the android being a tighter grasp of his forearm around the woman’s neck. She coughed half-heartedly in response, obviously still in a daze from the earlier car accident.

The armored woman before him stood slightly out of focus, her mouth moving with muffled sound as cars sped by in the opposite lane. An ultimatum was given— the nuclear material and his weapon were to be handed over. SJD would have chuckled if he had the levity to do so.

”I’m afraid that’s not possible.”

He took a step backward, looking at his adversary behind the scraped and mildly-cracked visage of the dehumanizing cleanroom hood’s opaque visor.

”The radioactive material housed in this briefcase is an incredibly-acting fast contaminant, miss. It’s a specially-tempered isotope of Plutonium that, when released from a stable containment chamber housed within this case, will induce decay and cover the entire highway with radioactive material.”

The woman in his grasp whimpered softly. He pulled her body closer to his own. As of now, she was a human shield. Nothing more.

”Everyone on both sides of this highway will either die from acute radiation poisoning or will be slowly killed by cancer if they survive the initial stages. Including you, if that suit of yours is suitably damaged enough.”

He paused, taking a step backward and making his way towards a medium-sized sedan. Other than a dented fender, it made out surprisingly well in the crash.

”I doubt you want that to happen, miss. Is that a correct assumption? I am going to get in a car and leave, and you will let me unless you want everyone, including yourself, to be at risk.”

User avatar
Deus Mortis
Jr. Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:06 am
Contact:

Re: Where Do the Bees Sleep? [Open RP]

Post by Deus Mortis » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:45 pm

The deployment of the flashbangs and the feeling of a weight shifting from one part of the car to another caused Gamma to give a brief sigh of perceived victory. A perceived victory that would soon prove to be false as Gamma perceived nothing but black, Enrico’s telepathic abilities slipping by Gamma’s near lack of mental resistance.

While the Eisenalder team were trained to deal with metahumans, telepaths were amongst the trickiest to deal with, second only to telekinetics or those with similar abilities. Being able to build a natural mental wall against telepathics was incredibly difficult task for most and though Eisenalder’s soldiers had an initial resistance, it was a small one, meant to guard against small tier telepaths who would try and commit some sort of mental espionage. Against mid or high tier telepaths...the initial resistance was nothing more than a very subtle warning system. If you could notice it all.

”WE GOT A PROBLEM! I CAN’T SEE. POSSIBLY GOT GASSED. YOUR EYES WORK?”

In Gamma’s case, he did not notice the initial, subtle mental invasion of his mind. As time went on and he gathered more insight on the situation, that could very likely change however.
"Calhamce."

User avatar
Obligator
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Where Do the Bees Sleep? [Open RP]

Post by Obligator » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:54 am


THE HIGHWAY - NORTH
Henshaw could hear their pursuer sliding around on the roof of the car, blind, maybe even dead on impact. His own ears were ringing just a little, but nothing compared to the ones of those who had the misfortune of being behind their van. The metal-handed mercenary let himself breathe a little easier; their escape route had been chosen to avoid police. They were a good distance from the closest station, and with a little hacking done to order some road work where it wasn't exactly needed earlier -

"WE GOT A PROBLEM - CAN'T SEE - POSSIBLY GOT GASSED - YOUR EYES WORK?!?"

Obligator's heart jumped up into his mouth as the car swerved a little to the right, throwing him into the side before he scrambled up into the front to grab the wheel. Awkwardly reaching over the driver's shoulder to stabilize the car, he yanked it away from oncoming traffic, his eyes wider than the SUV's headlights. They rocked from side to side as he strained to move, the speed picking up by the second.

Are we dealing with a fuckin' psychic?

No time to think, just to act.

Goddamn, was Gamma a pro. He'd kept his cool despite being blinded and maintained a proper course despite lacking a front right wheel. Amazing, great work. He was the best.

It was really too bad he was now a liability. A blind driver? That wouldn't do.

"'Pologies, bud!"

Sliding his hand across the man's lap, he grasped at the handle, pulling it once to unlock the car, then a second time to force it open. Afterwards, he'd attempt to body Gamma out the side, letting him roll down the road so he could take over. Henshaw wasn't exactly a tall man, so he'd be able to slip into the driver's seat pretty easy if he managed to get rid of the dead weight.

Just business.


User avatar
Azra
Sr. Member
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Where Do the Bees Sleep? [Open RP]

Post by Azra » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:13 pm

Lady Luck though predominantly using the door as cover could catch a glance out the window to gauge results. Her good fortune had helped make sure bullets ricochet as intended but they managed to find the corpse more or to be bested by odds and end up in just the chair instead. The wounds inflicted were minimal and she could see a turn was coming up. Soon they'd be finding themselves in a collision and so one of the last plays in their respected hands had to be laid out. He got out of his seat and began to head her way, two shots would ring out from the rifle a pair of NATO rounds seeking to tear into his throat on approach there wasn't going to be any prevention of the accident about to happen Licia would just have to push her luck and try and make sure only one of them got out of this alive.

Two rounds spent nine left.

Push off the door surrender to gravity clean shot for but a moment that was all the fortunate mercenary needed however. With ruptured ear drums it barely managed to sound like more then a muffled trio of pops. A three round burst however would kick from the rifle aimed to light up the left side of her opponents face. An assortment of rounds intent on ravaging sight and skull, begin to fall as the sound weapon finishes being dialed to eleven and the noise became monstrous.

Six rounds remaining.

Lucky had been alive and kicking through a number of wars, had to bounce back from hearing loss a few times. This however was something else. Even with everything distorted and muted this sound had been like thunder. The air was hot just because of the sound alone and energy needed to produce it. Glass on basically every vehicle around became rain, it fell in every direction hurled every which way. It dug against Lucky's brow made a few small cuts along the throat it lashed at the ears, it itched against the chest a few managed to sneak down torn fabric between waist armor to draw into the small of her back. Her ear drums shattered whole world going mute besides the never ending ring. Her throat and eyes felt dry and her stomach tight ever persistent in her luck she was not dead and the cord she used held tight that said the ride was not yet over. Her arm moves in an arc as Licia hits the ground, three more shots go off.

Three rounds remaining, so where did those three go?

Car to the left, glass punctured one tire in the front her round hits the other. She bounces off the asphalt and let's the hook on her waist go, the cable attaching to a vehicle she lands a second later on the hood of from said bounce. Her bullet hit asphalt but ricocheted into the back tire. Her other shot hit a car on the right as Licia is tossed from the hood of the car. Collision was set to happen now the seconds few in number leaving only a ballad of chaos left to play out.

As the transport van began to come down from its brief bit of air in the back and its launch forward the vehicle latched onto it and with two front tires flat would look to come to a quick stop jolted into what should be a sudden collision to the back of the van. The other two vehicles would look to slam into the sides, their drivers dead and Licia begin more about thrills then respect for the fallen hadn't minded a bit of use from them. From the right came the hood of a car swerving with enough force to crush at least it's own hood if not do damage to the other vehicle. In any case it should as the other two vehicles impacted be enough so that the last third car and curb of the road that should be struck would lead to the vehicle flipping over. It was hard to really know how things would go. She was confident in saying she would be lucky enough to get some sort of accident however that would help her line up her next shot, she had her own harsh landing however. From hood to road and the painful slow down she'd be lucky enough to survive but it always came at a cost.

Her arm twisted to a point her palm faced the wrong way, clothes ripped and blood flowed. Asphalt dug away at the arm until a large road rash down her forarm had formed slick and gross. At this point she couldn't stand and her vision was blurred, she found she was down to using one hand. The shot shouldn't of been doable in her condition but that was why it would work. Twisted metal overheated air and a few fires oil spilled out if not from the van then by other vehicles in the area, and it was at one with an exposed gas tank she would shoot at, luck guiding her aim enough to get her way. Two rounds a spirt of oil and a spark to help it, mixed all together and a fireball would erupt looking to turn the pile up into a oven for her opposition.

One round left

So she'd look for the survivor should he manage to crawl out. He'd be at best a blurry figure amongst blurry shapes all the same she'd if need be try and finish it off with a final headshot, no scope needed helped make odds worse usually and thus greater in her favor. Of course who knew maybe he was lucky and survived too, the gambling gunslinger wasn't exactly in the condition to have a foot chase.

User avatar
Red-Alpha
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 4:32 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Where Do the Bees Sleep? [Open RP]

Post by Red-Alpha » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:56 pm

Focused on the intentions of others. Most importantly of those in the SUV and those nearby. Perceiving their intentions, letting him "see" in a way. The direction they were moving, what they're were going to do. It's biggest problem was that he could not perceive accidents until after someone else did. Which only furthered his concern with what he was doing as he was very much endangering the very vehicle he was on. But it was working, at least to some extent. He had blinded the driver he could feel it swerve slightly. Well the man had a stable hand. Enrico wasn't sure that was good or bad for him.

What came next however was somewhat of a surprise, he sensed...one of them was trying to push the other right out of the vehicle. What was wrong with him? Ah it didn't matter. He thought for an instant whether or not to save the person, yes, it would be the heroic thing to do. But Enrico wasn't a hero. He was a scientist and a soldier, and when necessary a leader. He was not here to save a betrayed enemy. He was here to stop them from getting what they stole.

On the other hand...he was going to have to risk it. If he could capture the man who was dropped off he could potentially know where they were going. He could also risk trying to once again use his telekinesis on the truck, take it down now, and if he could put it to a halt he'd let the police deal with it from there if they ran, hopefully they'd be able. Whether or not Gamma was actually falling out of the vehicle or not, he was at the disadvantage with someone trying to betray him to escape. The moment the door would open he'd drop the blindness on Gamma. But in that moment he'd slam the hook in one of his gauntlets against the side of the SUV and swiftly reach down to attempt to jerk Gamma out of the car by the arm using his mind to release the buckle if it wasn't already off. He was starting to see again so there was that, his hearing was still rather out of wack. But at least he wasn't going about totally blind himself.

Thanks to the endoskeleton and his advanced physical strength, he figured it was likely he could easily yank the man out of the vehicle. If he succeeded in this he'd lift the hook and go into a run holding the man in the air to avoid both of them suddenly skidding to a stop. Even with that he'd wager he might seriously injure the mans arm, but he didn't really care about that. If this worked or the man slipped his grasp and he was running without anything, he'd once again focus his mind. Clenching his fist as if it were around an object and then jerking it to the side. This was to let him put less only mental effort into the field he was creating around the tire which he intended to not only bust, but rather crush as he jerked it to the side. Presumably either the vehicle itself with a crushed wheel would slam off the road, or the whole wheel would be ripped off. Either way, unless they came for him. He was done here aside from his the man he yanked out of the car, if he succeeded in this.
Image
There are limits when tampering with the laws of nature.

User avatar
LunaHawk
Member
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:48 am
Contact:

Re: Where Do the Bees Sleep? [Open RP]

Post by LunaHawk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:53 pm

Xae cocked her head in cynical amusement. She could fathom a reason why he thought she wanted the material removed from it's case to be handed to her, she wanted it inside the protective casing. Either way, she tired of his game and simply fired her pistol. The weapon fired a marble sized star aimed to pass harmlessly by both him and his hostage. Instead it was ained to impact the street just beneath the front passenger side of the vehicle the rogue male wished to board. On impact the little sphere's containment fileld would collapse and release enough heat to flash boil the underside of the engine and merge one of the tires to the road like melted butter. If anyone was inside the vehicle it would no doubt get uncomfortably hot, but unless the sphere was otherwise diverted from it's path it would not kill anyone. She adjusted the settings on her weapon again.

"Containment unit with the material inside on the ground now or I'll take the risk. The harm you can do with that elsewhere is far greater than what it can do released here. One way or another, I'm not allowing the material out of here."

Xae leveled the gun at him. She deactivated her claws on her other hand and slipped her whip from it's loop. She allowed several lengths of it to unspool onto the ground. The tip of the whip danced and flicked like an irate serpent on the pavement. This was no threat display though, it was preparation for combat and also allowing an extension of her reach should she need it.

The coils of the plasma pistol glowed brightly and she waited patiently for his expected reaction. She gave him this option to provide an opportunity for civilians to survive, she would not hesitate to turn opportunity for peace into open war. The materials and what could be done with them made them more important to her than anything else on this stretch of road, letting them escape was not an option, not when whole cities could be erased or crippled. Xae revealed her leathery wings once more and partially unfurled them like great sails, ready to take flight at the drop of a hat.

User avatar
SJD-2714
Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:56 am
Contact:

Re: Where Do the Bees Sleep? [Open RP]

Post by SJD-2714 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:29 pm

2714 watched as the opportunity for a non-lethal resolution closed itself, the pellet fired by the woman’s gun irreperably melting the slightly damaged vehicle and releasing a cloud of smoldering fumes into the air.

Sizable pellet that causes a rather incendiary display. Noted.

The thought of being commanded what to do irked the android more than it should have. SJD’s hands tightened around the trigger and body of the MP5K, the barrel pressed uncomfortably hard into the hostage’s temple. Nobody owned him, nobody deserved the right to tell him what to do. His entire life was spent doing just that, and look where it got him.

”You misunderstand, miss. Y-y-you don’t get to fucking dictate what happens here.”

Odd. Halfway through speaking, 2714’s voice had taken on a fuzzier tone before skipping, the pitch of his voice lowering and taking on a noticeably more human tone. His stance changed in tandem with his speech, arm tightening around the woman’s neck before the android mercilessly choke-slammed the hostage into the ground, gunshots ringing across the highway as he fired his submachine gun into the back of her head.

They won’t tell me what to do. They won’t. They won’t. They won’t. They won’t. They won’t.

2714 raised his MP5K to the disabled sedan and lit up the windshield in a very unusual display of indiscriminate killing, blood spraying into the whitened spots of pulverized glass and screams coming from within the car.

They won’t, they won’t, they won’t, they won’t, they won’t—

What caused the bizarre change in behavior, one couldn’t say. Perhaps it was the mental pressure, long overdue in passing its breaking point; or, maybe it was the extensive head trauma causing a horrific malfunction in his programmed demeanor.

After taking multiple lives in the span of a second, 2714 turned to the armored woman and pressed his finger as hard as he could upon the MP5K, a hailstorm of gunfire erupting from the barrel. The mercenary steadily began to approach the woman at a brisk walking pace, the gunfire laid upon her unending as he emptied the sizable drum-mag upon her. 2714 would throw the remainder of his ammunition at her face and upper body— and when the submachine gun itself was empty, he’d throw that too. With his free hand, a sharpened terrain spike was fired at the woman with the intent to bury it into the damaged gap the armor had sustained during the pile-up, the rappel reel locking the mercenary to his target if it was successfully able to embed itself.

User avatar
Obligator
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Where Do the Bees Sleep? [Open RP]

Post by Obligator » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:48 am


THE HIGHWAY - NORTH
Gamma was swept away, dragged out of the vehicle by a force Henshaw couldn't see. He vanished into a blind spot, yanked away without Henshaw's notice. He just kept driving, slamming the door shut the moment his associate was clear. The SUV was in good shape, overall, missing only the rubber of the front tire -

CRUNCH.

"Hell!" he mouthed, his hands yanking the wheel to the right as the vehicle's left tire was telekinetically yanked out of its axle. Henshaw's eyes bugged again, but he kept his cool, instinctual training taking over. The procedure for a tire blowout would be about equivalent to losing one entirely. While a civilian's instinct might be to slow down, that would only result in a crash; a trained man like Glenn knew exactly how to deal with this situation as safely as he could.

Pushing down on the accelerator, he kept his car straight, moving as quickly as he could away from the battle scene. The proper maneuver was to allow the car to coast to a stop, not to slam the brakes; this is exactly what he did. At the 90 mile per hour speeds they were traveling, that meant easy riding. Most cars up ahead had pulled over to the side when he'd shot the sonic weapon, the thunderous noise enough to give them all pause; he had a clear path. Still, he'd need to abandon the vehicle.

Glancing in his mirror, he saw their old friend standing in the middle of the highway off in the distance, Gamma in hand. He grit his teeth. That would be problematic. They were on a timetable now; Project Eclipse would need to start immediately after they procured their materials. No way he could take either of them out; this was a getaway now, not a battle. Next time would be different, when they were fighting on his turf.

This is it.

Glenn grabbed the case and leaped out of the SUV, sprinting over to a pulled-over Corolla. Bashing his metal hand through the driver-side window, he let the previous occupant get a few paces away before commandeering their vehicle. At this point, the getaway was as good as done. He had what he came for. Casualties, collateral? Optional.

He wondered, as he drove off, if he'd see any of his team again.

User avatar
LunaHawk
Member
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:48 am
Contact:

Re: Where Do the Bees Sleep? [Open RP]

Post by LunaHawk » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:44 pm

The violent outburst took Xae by surprise. Logical flow of the situation dictated such an outburst of murder was unlikely until much later. More than that, there was no point to the murder, it actually put him in a weakened tactical position. Xae cocked her head but didn't have time to ask questions because he soon turned his violence on her. Her sensors informed her where the bullets would go based on position before he fired. She pulled an arm across her face.

A torrential hail of bullets akin to the rains of a monsoon washed over her upper body. The underpowered nine milimeter rounds splattered like drops of rain against her torso armor, every ounce of their kinetic energy absorbed and their physical presence reduced to flat lead dropping like flies to the pavement. Those shots that hit her arm had no great luck either, they were, frankly, out matched. Some few bullets nicked the side of her cowl and made her ears ring. As the hail ended he threw the weapon and, as it traveled end over end he launched something else. This happened too fast to properly counter so she relied on millions of years of evolved instinct and her long experience as a soldier to pivot away from the projectile.

The action was very nearly too late and it cost her. The projectile missed it's target by a hair and sliced a gouge through the armor on her side by impacting straight against the damaged portion. It tore a thin line through the armor and a deeper one through the flesh of her side. Searing pain tore through her side but she refused it and clamped it down. instead she took advantage of his one mistake to this point. He wanted to close with her. The one advantage to her wounding was the weapon did not anchor into her body and was left to fall to the street.

Xae holstered her pistol and launched herself at him even as yellow blood welled up around the wound. Her whip cracked out like an angry serpent and sought to caress the side of his neck. If he was human or capable of feeling pain, it would send false pain signals into his nervous system that would literally make it feel as if his blood was boiling and his insides were on fire. If not, she would know to discard the whip. She did not stop with the whip though and lashed out with the crackling claws of her other hand, these aimed to slice into and across his gut. The monomolecular edge of each claw was sharp enough to slice through most materials with contempt, the molecular bonds disruption field around them made such an option increasingly likely. The claws were short like cat claws, meant to damage and severe rather than impale.

Xae's reaction time was inhuman, her motions almost a blur. Every action was taken with the fluidity and grace of a natural predator, her body's greater than human strength enough to break human bones and it's speed comparable to that of a far more lethal cheetah. She savored these combats, precisely because she was evolved for them. By the time her claws lashed out she was already in the midst of a beautiful pivot meant to carry her to his side and allow her to spin around behind him. She ignored her wound but it did slow her down, by a fraction for now, more if her bloodloss continued. Her medical nanities worked to repair the damage but stitching tissue together on a moving body was not an easy task.

User avatar
SJD-2714
Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:56 am
Contact:

Re: Where Do the Bees Sleep? [Open RP]

Post by SJD-2714 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:50 pm

The tether barely missed its mark, further widening the small gash upon the armor but failing to embed itself successfully. 2714 began to retract the AMAC tether as a whip shot out towards him, the off-centered aim towards his neck allowing his advanced sensors to acquire a general prediction of its trajectory and react accordingly. Capturing the end of the long strand was made easier by its barbed edge, the bladed points digging into the material of his cleanroom suit and helping him maintain a firm grip. Within the fraction of a second, the tip traveling well over the speed of sound was completely halted in SJD’s grasp, the transfer of momentum bringing his hand back slightly as he started towards the armored woman. His hand tingled with some sort of stimulated response, leaving him to believe that there was something on the barbs of this weapon meant to debilitate beings with nerves. Being an android designed by MAVU, he could not afford to feel pain in his line of work, and thus was not programmed to do so.

Claws thrashed the protective layers of his radiation suit and barely dug into the metal chassis guarding his internal wiring and machinery, the metal offering little resistance against the slash. 2714 did the majority of the work involved in dodging the attack, sidestepping to prevent irreperable damage from occurring but allowing himself to tank the blow regardless. The sidestep, subsequently, allowed him to keep pace with the woman’s rotation around his body, his grasp on the whip remaining strong as he directed the tip towards the open gap in the armor, intent on stabbing the barbs into the already-closing wound of his adversary to further aggrevate inflammation and set back the healing process. With his free hand, 2714 fired off the second tether and caught it milliseconds after its release, grabbing the tail-end of the sharpened terrain spike and thrusting it towards the woman with the intent to stab her in the eyes repeatedly, his hand moving outwardly and back towards her visage with deadly precision and robotic accuracy.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: illirica and 1 guest