Jax

Characters go here!
Maxx
Silver

Jax

Post by Maxx » Sat May 26, 2018 10:30 am

Sion "Jax" Gough
Pronounced: Shawn "Jacks" Goth
Known as: Jax, the Fanged Freak (to Storm)
Species: Yep, he's a vampire
Age: Even Jax forgets his age sometimes, but he was blooded when he was 19, so that's the age he appears to be, and the age he tells people he is.
Height: 5'8"
Eyes: Bright Red
Hair: Dyed Black
Appearance: Jax usually wears black boots, black skinny jeans, dark t shirts and his black leather jacket. Many tease him for dressing like this when his last name is pronounced 'Goth', but - as well as it being his preferred style - it helps reduce air resistance when flitting and it protects the majority of his skin from the sun. He wears dark sunglasses to protect his sensitive vampire eyes also. His black hair is styled in what many call the 'emo' style, and he has the whole range of piercings (eyebrow, ear tunnels, tongue, lip, nose, etc.) and a lot of tattoos which are hidden underneath his clothes. He has pale skin and many human females have described him as "scary but cute" in terms of how he looks.

Jax was blooded about 900 years ago, when the vampires were at war with their blood-cousins, the vampaneze (like vampires except for appearance and the fact they always kill when feeding. The vampires do not kill when feeding). This was when he was 19. He gained the vampiric powers that all full vampires have: He is stronger than most humans, can jump higher than any human, and can run at super fast speeds (this is known as flitting). He also has the power to hypnotise humans, and can heal the majority of injuries. He does not view himself as good, due to the fact he has to trick humans so he can feed, but he is a good person. He spends most nights walking across the rooftops, looking for crime. He feels that if he can get bad criminals locked away, it will make up for him having to feed. When he does feed, he hypnotises the human first and heals the wounds after, so that the human doesn't know what has just happened.
Jax only uses blades he has made himself, as is the traditional vampire was, even though many younger vampires use store brought weapons. He has never and will never use any weapon that fires projectiles (guns, bow and arrows, etc.). The blades he is using at the moment are: A few small throwing knifes, and a six inch dagger.
<Addition 30/05/18> He knows Storm. About one and a half years ago, he found her sleeping in a door way. He helped her find the apartment she now squats in. She keeps asking him to join her when she commits crime, but he always refuses. However, he does heal her if she gets hurt. April has offered to let him feed on her blood if he needs to, but he has always refused. He sees her as a younger sister, and hasn't given up trying to turn her good.
Last edited by Maxx on Thu May 31, 2018 2:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired

illirica

Re: Jax

Post by illirica » Sat May 26, 2018 12:17 pm

Mostly looks good, one quick question though: Does "can heal the majority of injuries" refer to himself or others? The way you worded it I wasn't quite sure, and I'd like that clarified just for posterity.

Maxx
Silver

Post by Maxx » Sat May 26, 2018 12:24 pm

Sorry, should have clarified that. He himself heals a lot faster than humans, and he can heal others.
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired

illirica

Post by illirica » Sat May 26, 2018 1:47 pm

I worry that he's got his hand in a few too many pies, but if you're happy with him, go for it.

Maxx
Silver

Post by Maxx » Sat May 26, 2018 2:08 pm

I realised something I forgot to put: The longer its been since he's had human blood, the weaker his powers. For example, if he goes without blood for two weeks, he'd just about be able to heal a small paper cut. And considering he doesn't like going after humans for blood, his powers are hardly ever at their full potential. The only thing that isn't affected by not feeding is his flitting.
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired

illirica

Post by illirica » Sat May 26, 2018 2:11 pm

Oh, I like that. That gives him a lot of extra depth as a character.

Maxx
Silver

Post by Maxx » Sat May 26, 2018 2:27 pm

Sorry if he seemed a bit too over powered, I based his vampiric powers on the ones from a book series I'm currently reading, and like I said i had forgotten to put in the bit I came up with myself for the purpose of him not being over powered.
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired

Azra

Post by Azra » Sun May 27, 2018 12:27 am

Vampires are fun, looks cool
Always curious how much their weaknesses will be played on to. Both with or without them just has a lot of room for exploration to me

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sun May 27, 2018 12:46 am

It's always interesting to see everyone's interpretations of the mythos.
Image "I see things that no one else seems to see..." Image

Maxx
Silver

Post by Maxx » Tue May 29, 2018 11:59 pm

For anyone interested in what Jax looks like, here is a link to a picture of a decent drawing of him: https://postimg.cc/image/kyk8vxlnv/
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired